Maacs Inc Complaints & Reviews

Maacs IncOrder not received / refund not received

I purshed my military ABU's 12/03/07. I paid $230.56. The transaction was processed online. Today is 02/23/09 and I have not received my uniforms yet. I have made several attempts to contact the company and I continue to get the run around. They have not reimbursed my bank card nor mailed the uniforms that I no longer need. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

John Sabio

Respond

Maacs IncRefund Request

I placed an order with MAACS on 5 Apr 08 for 3 sets of the new Airman's Battle Uniform (order #mm-141515). MAACS immediately placed the full $447.40 charge on my card despite the fact that the ABUs were on back order and without advertising that fact. MAACS shipped the accessories for the ABU and noted on the shipping the receipt that the ABUs were on back order. On 25 Jul 08, I asked the company to cancel the unshipped balance of my order (3 ABU jackets and 3 ABU trousers--refund should be ~$250). On 4 Aug 08, Helen (MAACS customer service) emailed me confirming that a ticket had been opened in their database to address my request. Since Aug, I have periodically been emailing Alison McDonald with absolutely no response to my refund request. Likewise the MAACS ticket system indicates no action taken on my request. I'm in the midst of engaging the Office of the Attorney General of Maine to intercede. However, I'd like to give the Complaints Board an opportunity to resolve this.

1 Response
      • To
        Tonya Dec 15, 2008

I have had the same experience. I have kept all emails in regards to my order. I placed the order on 27 Nov 2007 and here we are on 15 Dec 2008 and still no refund. Helen Raby told me on a few opccasions that my name was on a list to have a refund check mailed to me and I would receive it within the next two weeks (that was 3 March 2008), I still have not received anything. Now she is telling me she has no idea when they will refund me and that I need to contact the owner, Allison McDonald. I have done that via email 4 times with no response. My next step is the better business bureau and calling my credit card company about the fraud sale.

Maacs IncNo refunds!

I ordered New ABU's on 30 Nov 2007. Every time i would inquire about my new ABU's with all the items that i ordered with it they would say they are on back order. I have numerous e-mails tracking there comments. On 03 March 2008 i requested (Demanded) a refund and to this date have received nothing. They have told me 3 times that they will refund my money of $159.15.

BEWARE; DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! They do not have ABU's in stock and will take your money and run. The AD Air Force is in the process of yanking their GSA Contract. Additionally; i have filed a grievance with the Attorney Generals Office of Maine. Please contact them if you have problems. They have NUMEROUS complaints against MAACS. I know of at least 8 people on my base alone that they have stolen from!!!

This company is totally fraudulent and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law ! Unfortunately; it appears that Maine has weak consumer protection laws and unless the federal government steps in i (we)don't expect to see any refunds.

2 Responses
        • Sc
          Scott Aug 07, 2008

Unfortunately, I am in the exact same situation. I have contacted the owner and customer service at least 6 specific times with no refund. In fact, they no longer reply to emails or take phone calls.

• Jp
          J Paquin Jul 22, 2008

UPDATE! MAACS Inc is still not paying out refunds and is no longer selling ABU's. They'll tell you it's due to AF Problems. Which is partly true. But, don't believe it!!
          Out of all the people i know that have ordered from MAACS Inc., NONE have received refunds yet!!!
          Don't use this company!!! You'll be sorry.
          IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS COMPANY THEY WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! THEY DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS!!!