Liz Claiborne Complaints & Reviews

Liz Claibornespam

The above listed Liz Claiborne site will not quit sending me emails. They do not have an "unsubscribe" bottom anywhere on their site. You have to find -- not easy -- a special page where you can write a message. I have in this way asked to be unsubscribed three times so far, and I have received 3 replies promising to stop sending their mailouts. However I get about one a day, sometimes more. This has gone on for almost 2 months. A company does not make friends by sending mail to people who have asked to be taken off the mailing list. Can you get through to somebody there? Why don't they have an unsubscribe button up front, which they will honor?

Liz ClaiborneUnreliable sizes

After wearing Liz clothes for many years, I'll offer a thought as to one reason why their products are falling out of favor.

My size medium purchases today [2 henley tops] will have to be exchanged for at least larges and i haven't gained a pound. Liz sizes have always been _v. Reliable_ and this is annoying; especially for those of us who do considerable catalog shopping.

Try on those fall/winter clothes!

• La
    Lara Why Aug 18, 2007

Although I agree with the OP that sizing is unreliable, this fact applies to virtually ALL clothing brands. Sizing is notoriously unreliable for both clothing and shoes, and one can't rely just on numbers alone. It is one of the hazards of online/catalog/mail order shopping. Sometimes you have to return things. I can't believe the OP took the time to post this "complaint." It sounds like she is just disgruntled because she now wears size Large instead of a Medium. It could have just been the style she picked (the OP didn't elaborate; was it a classic fit or a more modern fitted style?). Alot of clothing companies are scaling their sizes larger (for example, a size 6 now was actually a size 10 years ago) to make customers feel better. The OP's experience doesn't seem to fit this trend, so I am guessing the style she purchased happened to have a more trim cut. I am always buying things and sending them back, especially since I wear hard-to-find sizes (2 petite/xs, and size 5-5.5 shoe), and it goes with the territory. I suggest using the companies that have free returns, those are the best!

• Di
    dissapointed Dilara Aug 03, 2010

I wear my Liz Claiborne shoes 5 times and inner lining started to come off, If this the quality I bought by paying all that I am not going to do it again.

• Be
    Betty Stokes Dec 10, 2010

My sister-in-law bought a navy Liz Claiborne coat at Fancy Gap Dress Shop in Fancy Gap, VA. The red lining fades onto whatever she is wearing under the coat. She is very disappointed
    in the coat.

madeinusafan Sep 25, 2012

Dear Liz Claiborne Executive Team,

May I suggest that all the recent complaints about your company's once great products are due to one reason? The products are no longer made here. Hence, the poor quality. I beseech you to consider producing your products again here in the US. Your customers will come back in droves and you will establish your company as a beacon of Made in USA value and quality. Liz Claiborne was once a huge success, a Wall Street darling and a Fortune 500 company before its recent financial troubles. The company can be a huge success again if the clothes and accessories are again made in the USA. It is a simple solution to a seemingly complicated problem. It is not. Sometimes, the solutions to our problems really are that simple. I thank you for your time and attention to this important matter.

• Lv
    lvzhockeygymfan Oct 28, 2013

purse used for 3 months, looks aweful. black color has rubbed off and looks ratty. i paid over $100 for this purse !

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices