Literary Guild Select Complaints & Reviews

Literary Guild Selectreceive books not ordered

This is the third time I have received books from this company in the last two months. I have not opened them or disturbed the envelope on the package and have been able to return without cost to me personnally but it costs the postal system to send back as long as it is not opened or disturbed. In reality it does cost us all as tax payers in the end. I feel if this is an ongoing thing with this company and complaints are filed this company should be put out of business for the sake of the American public. Any one receiving books that they didn't order should not feel that they should pay for this inconvienence to them and the postal service. I too, have tried to contact this company several times and only get machines, no human answers. That only shows the public what spineless wonders run this disgrace of a business. I have no way of cancelling the membership that I foolishly started over ten years ago.

1 Response
    • Di
      Dion Boutwell Mar 04, 2013

I have sent emails and emails to this company stating I do not owe 75.00, (change I cannot remember) I did not order the books, I always canceled my featured selections
      before due date, then I start receiving books, I just took them back to Post Office
      unopened, and I emailed Literary Guild several times telling I did not owe amount,
      I do get an email for someone letting me know it would be taken off my account
      then today I find it is still on there!!! Please take this off my account, I want out of this
      book club, this is so wrong, that no one sees what the other is doing, customer
      service there is none, I believe no one looks at customers email

Now I find these book I have to cancel before 3/28/13
      Rage Against The Dying-----By Beck Masterman
      Breaking Point------------------By CJ Box
      Dark Tide-------------------------By Elizabeth Haynes
      The Guilty One------------------By Lisa Ballantyne
      Six Years--------------------------By Harlan Coben

Now do not sent any of these books I do not want them and not ordering them
      Dion Boutwell

Literary Guild SelectScam

I also got a letter in the mail stating that I ordered books from them on August 13th, 2008 which I never did, besides I hate reading books unless it is my text books for school in which my school provide online. They also said that I made a 2 year deal. So help me god I have no idea what these people are talking about. This is a scam!! I try calling this company- Literary Guild Select but they have no phone number listed online. They cannot even provide the name of the books that was ordered by me in 2008. Who Can I talk to in order to clarify this problem?

3 Responses
      • Be
        BEdge Sep 10, 2013

my problem with literary guild is the changes to the website...it used to be so user friendly and now you can't even see what you have pre-odered...you can't even see the date of possible shipment on pre-orders...you can't even see what they are charging you for, which book it is that has shipped or able to view the order...this is very disappointing...i have ordered hundreds of hard backs from them and now they have made it absolutely impossible to place an order without the possibility that it will be a duplicate of a previous order that hasn't shipped...they don't even have all the authors listed in the browse by author section...i could go on but to no avail...in order to keep up with current releases from my favorite authors i will have to find another book club i'm afraid...

• Ka
        Katina May 21, 2009

Please have someone from Doubeday Entertiainment LLC or Litrary Guild Select call me at [protected] or email me a number I can reach customer service. PLEASE!!!
        Thankis,
        Katina

• Ru
        Russell Harvey Oct 06, 2008

Someone is using my address and phone # to request goods & services that I never requested. I do not order anything by computer.

Literary Guild SelectWrong name spell

I have been receiving books from this company with my "mothers" name on them, her name is spelled wrong, for the past year. I have been getting letters in the mail that read she owed X amount of money and when I moved some how this followed me to my new address 1200 miles away. I just sent them a nice little e-mail reading that I will be taking legal action if her name is not removed from their mailing list. I just received a box in the mail with books in for the first time and I also got a letter reading that her account has been sent an collection agency. I hope my letter helps get her name removed from their list.

Respond

Literary Guild SelectBUSINESS PRACTICE

I got a box in my mail box. It was a box of books that I never ordered, I never interested.
        This company sent me a junk mail several weeks ago for free offering membership which I treated it as junk mail. They now just sent me the books without invitation.
        I went on to BBS PA website and found there were almost 1000 compaints filed against this company.
        This is bad business.

1 Response
            sally hewitt Jun 23, 2009

I am writhing this to you that tree months ago i did not receive a booke form you, so i sent you the names for the books that I wanted, but yoou were to LAZY to look up the code numbers.
            Two months ago you send me a letter that stated that I did not gine you all the information about the book. It was called Dream and the other on Remady, and that any book over 9.99 would count on my contract.
            So yoy sent me another letter that sain that I did not give you enought information,
            again did not have a book at the time or a computer. to look up code #, but again youwere all to LAZY to look.
            Now you sent me a letter that say that I have to spend amost 17.00 on each book. Talk about two faced, if you would have got off your butts and looked up the codes we would have had this strighten out three months ago.
            And if this do not do it for my books you have to kow that I will call B.B.B. for help in this matter, I have used thm three othee time and they came through for me.
            The last two books the I and going to order are (because you are twwo LAZY to look the up under the tithes is
            # [protected].99
            #[protected].99
            And for all the trouble the you have ginen me with your LAZYNESS I do not expect to pay the shipping and handing charges, that should be your fault since your took or three months to do the right thing.
            Sincerey Yours,
            Sally Hewitt
            #[protected]
            DDOCET EOT23
            5501 Sea Mountain Road
            Walters Apt. B205
            Lincoln, Ne [protected]
            This is all the infromation that I gave you in the fromal lettr that I wrote you last month.

Literary Guild SelectUnreceived books!

Have had stolen identity and hospitalization -incapacitated and claimed bankruptcy the "Literary Guild Select "book club has sent my bill to collection and the books were returned un-opened by post office for failure to pick them up due to incapacity and hospitalization at time of shipping so I feel that I'm not liable to contract of amounts owed for services that were not fully received!!

Po Box 40026,
          Spokane, Wa 99220.

3 Responses
            • Be
              Better Biz Hero Mar 08, 2011

I used the number Judi listed above: 717.918.2665 for Literary Guild Customer Service. When you call, you will wait for 3 recording prompts to pass before they will connect you to a representative. Thanks, Judi. :)

A woman whose name i cannot recall answered first. She asked me for my address and zip, and knowing the "collection agency routine", i hung up because a collection agency should need no more than your first/last name and zip code to find your account.

I called again, and spoke to a kind woman named Diane. I explained my problem, and she was definitely familiar with the situation. She sent on a notice to the collection agency (RJM) to eradicate my worngful debt and it only took about a minute of my time.

Diane had explained to me that her belief (possibly independent from the company) was that there was a wave of identity theft and they used Literary Guild as their cash funnel. After the first weird call, i'd say keep cautious but be calm and collected and you can get them off your backs easily for the debts you probably never even knew you stacked up. Okay, now here's what happened to me.

-In 2005 a slew of books were sent somewhere near where i lived, paid for in my name without my knowledge. I did not learn about the debt incurred until receiving a credit report in my name and reading "LITERARY GUILD SELECT" or something like that.

***ALSO, the number that Mr. Evans listed above (800.210.0434) and perhaps the address is for a specific collection agency (Allied Collection Services or something) and they may not be able to help you as Literary Guild Select employs a handful of different collection agencies.***

• Ju
              Judi Jul 09, 2008

I just contacted Literary Guild Customer Service. The phone number is 717/918-2665. I was told they could not find an account for me. I guess not. The account is over 5 years old. The representative told me they sold my account to a collection agency. I inqured as to how many times they can sell my account. She was not sure. This is something our government officials need to be more aware of.

I am tired of being ripped off.

• Da
              DAVE May 27, 2008

check out BBS PA for the loads of compliant filed against them.

Literary Guild Select — Receive books I did not order

For the second time in two months I have received books that I did not order, and from authors that I do not...