Linder's Furniture Complaints & Reviews

Linder's FurnitureDelivered different quality Furniture than the showrooms

Once we unzipped them we found out they were made with different materials than the ones in the showroom. Once we contacted customer service we got this very rude lady "Rosa" that didn't want to listen to what I was saying and kept making excuses as to why the cushions were hard- "they needed to be worn", "the cushions at the showroom were older and felt better". This service representative treated me like an idiot and refused to take care of the problem!! Bottom line is that the furniture Linder's has on it's showrooms IS NOT THE SAME AS WHAT YOU WILL GET!!! BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Respond

Linder's FurnitureCancellation/refund

We purchased a couch and love seat in October of 2017. The couch on the showroom floor had a gap where two pieces of wood did not come together. We told both the manager and the salesperson that we did not want the couch if that was the way it came. They both assured us that it would not come that way. The delivery guy brings in the first piece and I immediately notice that the fabric on the arm is not sewn in correctly. The raw edge is just flapping. My husband goes out to the truck as they're unwrapping the next piece and notices the same gap in the wood!! Needless to say, we did not accept delivery of either piece and sent it back. We called Linder's and wanted to cancel our order because if the showroom piece and the one delivered both have the same defect, which we were told it wouldn't, we didn't want the furniture. Now Linder's wants to charge us a 10 percent restocking fee. How can they charge a restocking fee on something that was defective? We asked to speak to the "manager" and were told that Sue would call us back. we waited a few days and never heard from her. I finally called back and told them to refund the money and that my husband would take up the restocking fee with Sue when called him back. Well, it's now November 23rd and we're still waiting for Sue to call back and still waiting for our refund to our credit card.
    After our dealings with Linder's I went online and read many complaints about the company, mostly about thier poor customer service and their 10 percent restocking fee to cancel an ordereven before it's delivered or if it's delivered and defective. Buyer beware!!!

6 Responses
        Thomas Merritt Oct 31, 2011

Yes, Linders are scummy liars and NO ONE should shop there unless you are walking out of the store with the merchandise you paid for AS IS and accept it that way never to have to deal with Linders again. I am preparing to sue them for my time dealing with their lies. No where in the sales contract did it say they were going to lie. Funny how they can do what ever they want despite their own contract. They fraudulently turned me into collections for $26. Now when I sue I will get an extra $1000 penalty. what ###.

Maryk Oct 15, 2011

Purchased two chairs that were on sale on assured they would be coming in new from the warehouse. Went to pickup chairs and was told I was getting the floor samples, one which had been sun faded and had already told store I did not want. Tried to resolve and was told two new chairs would be brought in for me and I could pick up on Saturday. I have a life and cannot be at their beck and call whenever they decide to ship my items. Told the girl to hold the order but it was already being staged. I then cancelled and was told I would have to pay 10% restocking charge. I don't even have the merchandise. Is that how Linders makes it's money - lying to and cheating customers?

• De
        desperate shopper Sep 20, 2010

Same experience with a dresser and now they want me to pay a 30% restocking fee.

• De
        desperate shopper Sep 20, 2010

I just purchased a dresser for my teen's room. The floor model appeared to be decent, but when we brought ours home and took it out of the box, it was so poorly built, that I know there is now way it will last for more than 6 months. It wobbles, it twists and the drawers are uneven. When I called customer service, they told me it would be a 30% restocking fee!!! That is the biggest load of BS I have ever heard of. When i told them i would cancel the payment on my credit card, the response was "Ok". I guess they don't care about selling a decent product or keeping their customers happy.

I will NEVER EVER shop at linder's again. And I will make sure no one in my family or circle of friends shops there. Their furniture is $hit and their costomer service is a complete joke.

• Em
        Emily Jun 07, 2010

My husband and me bought a couch and love seat from Linder's. At the showroom we inspected both of them and liked the look and overall comfort and softness of the cushions. We unzipped the cushions at the showroom to see what materials they were made of and decided to get them. A week later we got our furniture and to our surprise the cushions were hard as rocks.Once we unzipped them we found out they were made with different materials than the ones in the showroom. We contacted customer service we got this very rude lady "Rosa" that didn't want to listen to what I was saying and kept making excuses as to why the cushions were hard- "they needed to be worn", "the cushions at the showroom were older and felt better". This service representative treated me like an idiot and refused to take care of the problem!! Bottom line is that the furniture Linder's has on it's showrooms IS NOT THE SAME AS WHAT YOU WILL GET!!! BUYERS BEWARE!!!

The Truth Finder Dec 02, 2009

Their Customer Service sucks and Sue is a [censored]bag. Linder's does not care about the customer or service. They just want your money. I used to work in their Customer Service Department and I was disgusted at their practices and policies.

Linder's FurnitureFraud

I cannot believe that Linders Furniture is even still in business! I paid $1165.52 for some couches IN FULL on March 1, 2009- they cashed my check on March 4, 2009- I was told 3-4 weeks (didnt happen) then I was called and told it would be delivered in the 6th week (didnt happen) then I called and said I want to cancle and get a refund- the girl in Customer Service was very rude and said that was fine- but it would be -$89.89. for cancelling- WTF are you kidding me?? They tried and tried to get me to change my mind made mroe promises- I said Heck NO- I wouldnt even spend a penny if you had stuff on sale for that. I have been calling and calling the "So called manager" of the corporated office- was called back once and had a message- Yah- at 5pm... I am on the 9th week now- just got my check- NOT IN FULL, planning to take them to small claims court and file with the BBB- left a message with SUE again and also with Philip Linder himself- "to be continued"...

9 Responses
          Thanh Lan Nov 05, 2011

I bought a dining set with a server and paid in full with debit card. The store called us that they can not fill the order and asked us to call Visa card to try to get the money back. The bank told us that the store charged our card with debit ... so I have to wait or 5 days to see what happen. The store don't credit for us the refund... This is a cheating... we could loss the money (because we paid in debit ) or if we get the money back from the Visa the Linder's store is cheating the insurance visa company.

antilinders Nov 20, 2010

Ordered bedroom furniture set. Dresser fell apart while still on dollie. The bed broke as they were puttingit together. The delivery guy showed me where the dresser had been glued once before and then proceeded to glue it again. I refused the delivery. They stated since I didn't except the BROKEN furniture they would charge me a 10% restocking fee on all pieces. And sure enough they did. Plus they didn't refund money for their useless warranty. Which I told them I did not want to but and they hid it in the bill. Now I'm out the 10% and warranty monies. I have never seen such obnoxious behavor from a company. Charging me to return furniture that is falling apart on the dollie and a warranty I specifically stated I did not want. Beyond disappointed, I'm angry. I'm taking this to the state attorney's office, BBB, Consumer Groups and who knows where else... I was disappointed in not having bedroom furniture I'm really ticked off it cost me hundreds of dollars to refuse broken furniture!!! Obnoxious!!!

• Re
          Reamer Jun 01, 2010

My wife purchased a sofa and love seat with a corner piece in the middle they measured it wrong i wanted to have a piece built but they said they dont build half pieces and said i should have came into the store to measure the pieces that was order. looking for the owner but no luck yet. Linders stinks.

• Ro
          robster45 May 26, 2010

Completely agree-we were ripped off too...last laugh is on them though...the crappy couch & loveseat that we bought currently sit in our foreclosed house...furniture financed by Wells Fargo, house financed by them as well!

• Me
          Mercer Jan 15, 2010

Linder's delivered a 50" Plasma with a scratched screen and after calling and writing several letters, I have yet to even receive a return call. LINDER'S FURNITURE IS THE PITS!

The Truth Finder Dec 02, 2009

I used to work in theor Customer Service Department. They are theives and don't care about the customer. They only care about their own wallets...especially the owner- Philip Linder and the President, Eric Foucrier.

• Sc
          Scott Johnson Oct 03, 2009

I have purchased in excess of $12, 000 from Lender's furniture in 2006. (March 2009)My complaint is that I wanted to purchase one item (nightstand) to compliment my original bedroom ensemble. I also added to my barstool collection with 3 more at the time of purchase. I was required to leave a cash deposit of $110 for the nightstand as it was explained to be a custom order.

Within 2 weeks I was called and informed the barstools were ready for p/u. I mentioned it would be best for me to wait for the nightstand and make 1 trip. Waited another 4 weeks (May, 2009) for the call on the nightstand. I p/u the furniture and drove home to be surprised the nightstand was the wrong one. After several calls I was able to schedule a p/u of the nightstand by Lenders. I was told that a re-order will be made and another 4-6 weeks wait.

At the time of purchase the barstools and nightstand were billed on my credit card in March. Lenders promised to remove the nightstand on 3 separate occasions - still on my credit card statement in October 2009. I contacted /Lenders once again and learned the nightstand still has not arrived and that I was misinformed about the billing being removed - Lender's "new" policy is to charge 100% on custom orders (not the 25% they did charge me in March).

I requested Lenders to cancel the nightstand and simply return my $110 deposit and remove the nightstand charges from my credit card. They promised it would be done in 3 business days.

More to come...

• Li
          LindersScams Sep 10, 2009

Why is this not on the news ? We need to file a class action lawsuit

• Li
          Lindersrobbedme Aug 21, 2009

We spent over $10, 000 at Linders and were scammed out of our grocery gift cards. I have multiple friends that tried to recieve their grocery cards and never got a thing. They had free vacation cards and grocery offers and I have yet to find someone who has got what they were promised. I beleive Linders is behind these phoney offer companys.

Linder's Furniture — $500 gascard

Purchased a HD TV set with a $500 gas card offer back in August. Actually, they convinced me to purchase 2 tv...