Liberty University Complaints & Reviews

Liberty UniversityClasses using McGraw Hill Connect

There are at least two classes (maybe more) Corporate Finance BUSI320 (as of 2012) and Investments BUSI420 (as of 2014), that use the McGraw Hill textbooks and the On-Line program called "Connect Plus" for homework and exams. Do not register for these classes. It would be an understatement (in my opinion) to say that they are badly designed, and are an anomaly from what has been a good educational experience thus far. Unfortunately, I had to drop the classes to preserve my GPA, and retake them at another school and transfer in the credit. This has cost me perhaps $3, 000.00. There is another class called Managerial Accounting, BUSI322 that I will not take at Liberty University because I think that it may also be badly designed. Avoid these classes, take them elsewhere, and transfer in the credit.

• Ri
    Richardoevanderso Aug 26, 2011

I do not want anyone else to make the same mistake I did. Liberty University on line is very poor. The instructors do almost nothing and the office staff is very poor. The idea of a christian education attracted me but I am very disappointed. Choose another college, be smarter than I was.

Liberty UniversityWrongfully charged for two online classes that were never taken!

My son was charged for two online classes that he never took. I have sent many letters, emails and made numerous calls to the university to have this situation corrected but they won't correct this and are charging us for over $2, 100.

• Lu
    LUStaff Apr 18, 2011

Hi Sharon,
    I work for the university and would like to see if I can assist. Feel free to call our academic advising office and ask for a student advocate.

• DisgustedLUstudent Aug 17, 2011

I have had a very positive experience with Liberty University until now. I am in their graduate program for special education. They require three on campus classes called intensives. You cannot miss one intensive session or you fail the class. However, this fall (2011) Liberty messed up big time. The second intensive weekend was scheduled at the same time as a big religious conference in Lynchburg. I actually think LU is sponsoring. This means there is no housing for students attending intensives that weekend. Last week, many students have been registered for fall intensives since early spring, LU sent a letter saying that they were moving the second weekend to another weekend. Now students come from all over the NATION for these intensives, the first class is on Friday evening. I have made plans for since June for this intensive and they change the weekend. THEIR FAULT. However, the only solution they offer students is to drop the class if they cannot MAKE THE NEW weekend that they chose after people registered with dates already given for another weekend. IF I DROP THIS CLASS I WILL NOT GRADUATE IN SPRING 2012. I will not be able to take classes this fall because I will not have the number of credits required for FINANCIAL AID. I am so mad that I am seriously thinking of transferring to Regent University. I have never heard of such nonsense in my life and they are totally dismissive to the burden this is placing on their students. HOW can they teach critical thinking and effective decision making skills when this is the TYPE of ill-thought out decisions they are making. THE WORD DISGUST does not cover how I feel about this.

• DisgustedLUstudent Aug 17, 2011

Also, if he logged into Blackboard to view the courses he may have been held responsible. It clearly states when financial obligations is incurred after you register for an online class in LU's policies. But good luck.

Liberty Universityspam email pass through

Yet another opportunity for rreporting fraud at work through the yahoo email server, and probably all others too.
full header and copy follows:

From Gordon, Daniel Conrad Thu Sep 25 12:50:24 2008
Return-Path: <[protected]@liberty.edu>
Authentication-Results: mta515.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=liberty.edu; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 65.161.73.80 (EHLO outboundmail1.liberty.edu) (65.161.73.80)
by mta515.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:44:33 -0700
Content-Length: 3529

RE: Msword Email lottery 2008: 5.5 MILLION POUNDS WINNER
MICROSOFT MEGA JACKPOT EMAIL LOTTERY
FBI VERIFICATION NUMBER; VERMSW/088043

Do contact the Details below for further Clarifications and to Claim the Award Sum of 5.5 Million Great British Pounds which was awarded to you in a Personality Test Program held to Honour our Customers. Your email address emerged as one of our winners through our Microsoft Random Email Balloting System.

Microsoft International Promotion
Alexandra Sergey
Director Microsoft Promotion Team.
Contact Email: [protected]@live.com

Do email the above email address at once with all the claims requirements below. In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications.

full Name:

Gordon, Daniel Conrad
Microsoft Promotion Team
Copyright © [protected].

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices