Legal Services Complaints & Reviews

Legal Services### Service

Counselor took my money provided inadequate service, admitted that said service was inadequate (took COMPLETELY WRONG approach in working my case - first by FORCING ME to plead "guilty" to a charge to which I was innocent - the only reason I did was because I had NO FAITH in his worthless abilities as an abilities as an attorney - then in his attempting to label me a "mental case" with the County Mental Health Board (Lexie), then doing the same with the Veteran's Administration (Kathy), and he also VERBALLY stated that he WOULD indeed get property located in Sheriff's evidence room returned, VERBALLY stated that he WOULD indeed assist with getting record expunged from state FDLE records; he VERBALLY STATED that if I was not satisfied with his service, HE WOULD INDEED give me my $1500 retainer back - FULL REFUND! I REALIZE I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THIS IN WRITING BUT HE IS A LIAR!) BUT THE FACT IS HE REFUSED TO GIVE ME A REFUND FOR HIS INADEQUATE SERVICE. THEN he had the UTMOST GALL - to send me an e-mail to REFUSE to provide any more services to me. All along the way, he provided poor services - late in providing those inadequate services - for example, when motions were filed in court, it DOES NOT TAKE A MONTH to have them snail-mailed to me, much less E-MAILED! - THIS WAS DONE ON MULTIPLE, DIVERSE OCCASIONS; I have copies of all the e-mails AND snail-mails. During the end-game, I had to perform the final paperwork with the county court-of-clerks and state-attorney's office - a SERVICE which I had paid for in advance with his RETAINER (it's in our contract). I would NOT RECOMMEND THIS ### FOR ANYONE, AS A CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY, EVEN THE MOST HARDENED CRIMINAL (NOT UNLESS THE PERPETRATOR DOES NOT PLAN TO PAY THIS ### - EVER, EVEN IF HE WINS THE CASE FOR HIM - WHICH IS HIGHLY DOUBTFUL!!!)

2 Responses
    • Rw
      RWR23188 Dec 20, 2012

After paying $250. plus monthly fees to have an incompetent Attorney represent me in a divorce. I was lied to by the the president of the organization. He stated that the final orders had been filed with the courts and are awaiting the judges signature. The attorney I had stopped responding to my emails and phone calls. After talking with Non profit they told me they removed my attorney from their program because he was not following their policies. The final orders were to be filed 30 days after the hearing and never were. Non profit sent me a final bill saying they will be closing my file. After calling and speaking with no profit I was told that if I still needed representation I would have to go through their intake process and pay the initial fees all over again.

• Valerie Oct 17, 2008

On March 13, 2017 I gave birth to my first child(boy). At the time I was married to his father and we lived in South Carolina. Shortly after giving birth(hours after) my husband, his father became abusive, jealous, and dishonest. I decided that it was time for me to leave. But he would not make that easy. On March 24th of that year it all came to an end when he beat me and attempted to kidnap our son. I reached the phone to call my mother in Florida, she called the police department in South Carolina. Within hours they came, took a report, and arrested him for Domestic Violence. That was my chance and I took it. I had no money, no job, and did not know what I was going to do. I was escorted to CASA (Citizen's Against Spousel Abuse). Which is where me and my son would live for the next three days. On March 27th asked if I had anywhere safe we could go. I said "Yes" My mothers home, she lives in Tallahassee, Florida. They purchased a Grey Hound ticket and took us to the station.I could only bring three bags so I left 75% of me and my son's life in another state. After riding for over 20 hours, we arrived at the Greyhound bus station in Tallahassee, Florida my mother was there waiting. A week later I would go to Legal Services of North Florida to ask them to take my case. They accepted my case. Then my nightmare begins. A Lawyer & Paralegal team with the names of Mark Taps and Karen Bowden are assigned to my case. Since then I've been given the run-around and lied to constantly.It is now October 2017 soon it will be two years since they have taken my case and I still don't have my divorce.

Legal ServicesNon payment

JK Harris Settlement Fund
    PO Box 1877
    Fairbault, MN [protected]

Attn: Settlement Administrator/ J. K. Harris
    RE: Final Settlement Payment

To Whom It My concern:
    I am writing once again to find out where my final payment in the Class Action Settlement. The last payment I received was back in April 2010, at which time I was told there would be one more (final payment) in 2011. That did not occur, and I am what happened.

This is the third in a series of letter I have written with no response, in return. Please respond to this letter as soon as possible so I may put closure on this matter. It only proves further that JK Harris continues with the shady and dishonest practices to this day.

I am sending a copy of the letter to the corporate offices, in this hope, of receiving my final payment and to put closure to this matter. It continues to amaze me how you fail to live up to your promises, and have no concern about your representation.

I await your prompt response in this matter. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ste A
    Goose Creek, SC [protected]

Respond

Legal Services — Leon Fox and Paul Badame are crooked lawyers and con men

Leon Fox and Paul Badame have poor moral character. They intentionally misrepresented me for their own...

Legal ServicesMoney Ripoff

This man is selective about who receives actual service and who gets billed but receives reactive service. On several occasions through e-mail and phone calls that usually went unreturned, I asked this man to take a proactive approach and take action towards finalizing 1) Child Support Arrangements, 2) a Child Visitation Plan, and ultimately 3) a Formal Divorce/Dissolution.
      However, none of the three were accomplished. This man reacted to every bit of Drama the opposing party (my ex and her attorney) pitched our way but never took initiative to GET RESULTS!
      The local courthouse facilitating office and another local attorney both agree that this man should refund me and my son's money. Furthermore, the local courthouse facilitating office also mentioned that many others have complained against this professional con-artist exist.
      What's really SAD is, I had my own father-in-law literally write a declaration on MY BEHALF (the Son-in-law) and STILL, Mr. Craig just continued billing me for his reactions instead of Strategizing a plan to AT LEAST meet number 1) and 2) above.
      Ironically, his website depicts some interesting testimonials. Too bad he doesn't post the comments that depict him doing nothing and yet, billing his customers.

1 Response
          Saddened client Jun 03, 2016

This attorney has a habit of over-inflating bills and charging for services denied by client to 3rd party law schools buddies. They once billed for 4 hours of an attorney's time (almost $1, 000) to upload a brief to the federal court system that normally takes 5 minutes. They refuse to fix or adjust anything disputed. Additionally their representation is not very aggressive and is more in tune with generating fee income vs. winning a case the most effective way for the client. Mr. Smith had the audacity to throw his client out of a settlement conference and then negotiated a deal that suited himself instead of the client. A KY Bar association complaint has also been lodged.