Laurentel Complaints & Reviews

LaurentelUnauthorized services

I have NO information on the adress or location of this company. They appeared as a very strange charge on our home phone bill from Qwest telecommunications. The very last page was labeled ENHANCED TELLECOMMUNICATIONS SERVICES ( ETS ) and bore the notation: "The following transaction is billed on behalf of LAURENTEL."

I have never heard of LAURENTEL. I have never signed up w/anything called LAURENTEL. I called their listed toll-free number to find out what that $23.18 charge is for and a polite person w/an East Indian accent informed me that this is a personal 800 number and email voice mail service, and the total charges they netted from us, going back to February 2017, came to $306.55.

I NEVER authorized this! I even password-protected our Qwest account just to prevent unauthorized services, but apparently when Qwest receives a request from a so-called third-party provider such as this they are bound by the FTC to honor the request and attach it to one's account. This MUST change, and quickly!

LAURENTEL has removed all their charges ( going back to February because I never checked that last page of the billing because I didn't understand or recognize it -- for all I knew, the ENHANCED TELECOMMUNICATIONS SERVICES they were referring to are the Intralata international services we have and a couple of other features, such as Caller ID ).

But I am very upset that some unknown third-party company could have affixed itself to my/our home phone number account w/no permission or even any knowledge on our part. This is really reprehensible! Why is this permitted?

I write mostly to let you know that this sort of thing is going on, victimizing Washington customers of Qwest ( and possibly other phone service companies ). I think anytime an unauthorized service is appended to a legitimate service we all need to be aware, and the FTC needs to do more to make sure that ABSOLUTELY NO UNAUTHORIZED SERVICES ARE EVER PERMITTED.

While the situation has been resolved in my case by both LAURENTEL and Qwest, others may not be so fortunate.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

4 Responses
    • Tu
      tusca Nov 18, 2010

The only time I may have used Laurentel was back in August 2017 when I was arranging a conference call with family members. I was very careful to ask what were all the charges I would incurr. Was told that it was simply the cost of a long-distance call. At no time did I ask for, nor was told of, these monthly charges for an 800 number which Verizon billed me for. This is one sleazebag operation, and they haven't heard the last of me yet.
      I say, we pull together a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT and SHUT DOWN these fraudulent companies. This company, by the way, is attached to PaymentOne, which also charged me for a Celebrity Service, me, who HATES celebrity crap.

• Ee
      eegeebs Mar 22, 2010

On my family's telephone bill from Windstream Communications, We had a $23.18 Charge from this company from Laurentel. They said that I set up an 800 Number on December 30th, which I never did. This company needs to get turned in because they are dishonest, have a D- Rating with the Better Business Bureau of Minneapolis (rated like school grades), and they told us that they would refund the money back, which I hope they will honestly do. If they don't, I will contact authorities.

• Sp
      spatter72 Mar 06, 2010

Charges were on my bill for 9.15 for an unauthorized service. I called to have it removed, when the call is answered, it says "Thank you and Good bye"! I am soooo angry!

• El
      ElderEd Dec 09, 2008

On my Verizon phone bill, I was charged $8.43 for Laurentel Setup Fee.
      I never requested any service from Laurentel.
      When I called the contact number, they said they would cancel the fee. I got an online confirmation that I would receive a refund. One place said a check in 5 to 7 days. Another said a credit by 12/31/08 (22 days)

LaurentelServices not ordered, but billed

When I received my June, 2009 AT & T statement, I noted that I had been charged $9.15 ($8.43, plus tax of $.72) for a set up fee on 5/31/09 for Laurentel through OAN Services, Inc. I never authorized such services, nor do I need such services. I fully intend to take this matter up with AT & T and pursue whatever remedies there are available to prevent these charges from occurring now or in the future. I am highly disappointed in AT & T processing such services and/or fees without verifying my consent to add such a services. No matter what you do to protect yourself from predators such as OAN and/or Laurentel, each individual is at risk for unethical business practices of companies that prey on those who fail to watch carefully their credit card and utility bills for such scams as this. If anyone has had such services billed to them, without your consent, I would welcome your comments and how you managed to handle such actions.

6 Responses
      • Rp
        rpipergirl Oct 08, 2011

We just got our Verizon bill and these scam artists had been charging us for at least 3 months. I intend to call my att. General. I recommend we all do that and put these scammers out of business. I am so mad. I called them and they said my daughter ordered it. She did NOT. They got her e mail and began charging my Verizon bill. I called Verizon and they took 3 months of it and told me to call Laurentel and cancel it even though it was never authorized. I told the woman at OAN Laurentels other co. that point blank.

• So
        Socal TOM Feb 06, 2011

These sleazeballs charged me $8.23 over at least 4 months for a service I never requested or used. I am so angry I plan to contact my congress-lady, the better business and I would love to join a class action action.

An.M. Jun 01, 2010

Laurentel fraudulently charged my verizon phone bill 8.95 a month without my authorization.Don't know who they are and how they did it.

• Te
        TeacherTT Aug 02, 2009

I agree whole heartedly! I opened up my Qwest bill today. Same exact thing. Charges from ESBI ETS whom I had never even heard of to the tune of $28.18. Both Qwest and ESBI ETS are going to hear from me. I think we should drop Qwest just because of the fact that they're allowing this to happen on THEIR billing program.

• Jb
        jbaillargeon7 Feb 11, 2009

unauthorized monthly charges to Qwest billing to at least the last 3 months( still searching records)

monthly fee
        statement fee
        email monthly fee

• Ka
        kao Dec 08, 2008

Laurentel and OAN Services committed fraud by charging on my Verizon Bill for services not requested by me.

LaurentelFraudulent Charges

This company has somehow attached itself to my ATT bill and it is over a year that I have been charged for something I have no clue what it is or how they got there. I never heard of them before and I can not seem to be able to get rid of them. I have left messages for them on one of the numbers and othe other number keeps saying the mail box is full and hangs up. Meanwhile I have been charged over $400.00 and I am fighting ATT for them. Apparently when you block them, they seem to appear some how AGAIN. Isn't this agaist the law? How do these people do this?

1 Response
        • Li
          Linda Hamlett Jun 21, 2009

Any idea how Laurentel and/or OAN Services were able to access your AT & T or other phone account without your consent. Have you been able to remove this service and how did you do so?