Kingsway Financial Complaints & Reviews

Kingsway FinancialLottery winner scam

I received a check for 4, 575. 00 on 08 / 18 / 09 for applicable taxes on $58, 000. 00 that i had won on a consumers reward program.
I called the number they gave - 905 / 598 - 2487 and talked with cindy dunn. She said that she wanted nothing
From me and the money was for taxes and as soon as i deposited the money in a bank account, the irs would see that i had the sufficient funds to pay the taxes on my winnings. Which would then be forwarded to my bank account.

2 Responses
    • Co
      confused in saint joseph Aug 22, 2009

I to got a letter and a check but i am wondering if it is true or not how is the irs going to know where the money came from that we deposited is there anyone that has deposited the check if so what happened and is it fake

marjorie Gutierrez Nov 04, 2008

I was scammed and now i have to pay back money to my bank

Kingsway Financial — Online scam

I received a letter today stating that: they wish to notify me of the release of the Consumer's Reward...

Kingsway FinancialOnline fraud

Today I received a letter in the mail, a final notice, that said I won the Consumer's Reward Program Lottery held on September 25th, 2008. It said that my name was attached to ticket number 975130 and won in the 2nd category with the numbers 3, 7, 9, 11, 23, 28, 31 and 39.

It went on to state that I had been approved for a lump sum payment of $39, 000, drawn from a total prize of $480, 000 shared among North American Winners. I was informed that they had tried to contact me on October 8th, 2008 and failed.

The letter said that for security reasons, I was advised to keep this award from public notice until the claim had been finalized, to help prevent fraud and double claims. I was also given a phone number to call, [protected] and a check for $3, 900 to cover the applicable tax.

When I read to keep this from public notice, I didn't even call the number. I got online and entered the company name in Google, and reached a report filed by someone else, which had the exact same wording as my letter.

I would advise anyone who gets this letter to just put it in the garbage, like I am with mine.

Respond

Kingsway FinancialTerrible experience

Today I received a letter in the mail, a final notification, that said I won the Consumer's Reward Program Lottery held on September 25th, 2008. It said that my name was attached to ticket number 975130 and won in the 2nd category with the numbers 3, 7, 9, 11, 23, 28, 31 and 39.

It went on to state that I had been approved for a lump sum payment of $39, 000, drawn from a total prize of $480, 000 shared among North American Winners. The letter stated they had tried to contact me on October 8th, 2008 and failed.

The letter said that for security reasons, I was advised to keep this award from public notice until the claim had been finalized, to help prevent fraud and double claims. I was also given two contact names Edward Jones or Nicole Jordan, phone number to call, [protected] and a check for $3, 900 to cover the applicable tax.

I copied parts of this from others who got the same letter.

Respond