JobNab.com Complaints & Reviews

JobNab.comLearned a lesson about giving away any of my information to these creeps

what a scam. Just realized that they have been billing the credit card for months and havent gotten any emails from them. You cant even get a hold of them to access our account. The password retrieval function doesn't work and was probably never meant to. Jobnab is happy billing me for no service rendered. Learned a lesson about giving away any of my information to these creeps. One is better off writing a check every month. It is easier in the long run.

JobNab PR Aug 02, 2011

Hi, I'd love to help you with this. Please send me the email address you used to sign up to my email at [email protected] and I will figure out what happened and get you a refund if appropriate.

JobNab.comLeave me alone!

I was recently searching through job postings (i.e. Career Builder, Monster, ect.) and I came across jobnab.com. I had never heard of it, but it was on the front page of Google while searching "jobs." I didn't think I had any reason to question it. I applied for a couple of jobs, and after being deterred by the large amount of ads, I quit posting. Little did I realize that both of these "Customer Service" jobs were for Career Network A.K.A JobNab A.K.A The Internet Company. Once I realized the company asking for an interview was named "The Internet Company" I immediately did some research. The guy that owns all three companies has been in trouble for fraud before, there are complaints all over the place and the BBB rating for these companies and all associated companies are between C and F. I immediately canceled my interviews and I thought I had dodged the bullet as long as I kept an eye on my credit.
I am currently in college and have no interest in transferring while I have one CREDIT left to receive my degree. Nevertheless, I have received three phone calls today telling me that they were told by Career Network that I was interested in furthering my education. Every time they have called I have said the same thing. "I am enrolled in college this semester. I have NO interest in transferring. If you don't take me off your list I will involve my lawyer." They don't care. I am calling my lawyer tomorrow.

JobNab PR Sep 21, 2010

Hi Kaysie,

I'm sorry you have not had a good experience using our website. If you are receiving calls about school, it's because you indicated you were interested in receiving information. If that's not the case, please click unsubscribe on any emails you get. Since you did tell the schools on the phone that you weren't interested, they will stop calling you.

If you receive any more calls or emails after unsubscribing, please send me an email at [email protected] so I can investigate the matter and be sure that you are placed on the appropriate lists to not be contacted again.

• Sc
    Scammers Beware! Oct 27, 2010

Not only is this business a total scam, they are evil! They collect your info by hiring unemployed people as "agents", pay them peanuts...sometimes, I guess when they feel like it. I did some checking myself seeings how I live down the street in Orlando from this so called business. I found out they have been rated the worst possible rating by the Orange County FL BBB. I called JobNab and the supervisor replied to me that Disney World isn't listed with the BBB either and that it costs $4000 a year to be listed. I then proceeded to call the BBB and they said "That is a lie". It does not cost that much. Laws are made because of people like this doing business and this scam is perfect reason of why. They circumnavigate the laws by hiring a third party and pay Monster.com, snagajob.com, ect to gain access to the resumes of people that post theses sites. After finding this out I promptly reported this agency to the Attorney Generals Office of Florida AND the Federal Trade Commission for running a "deceptive business practice". I have it my way, they will all become part of the homeless problem in Orlando, or better yet in Federal Prison for 10-25 years. Your day is coming JobNab, you better enjoy it while you can!

JobNab PR Oct 27, 2010

I'm sorry, but your information is woefully incorrect. The "Agents" you refer to are Job Scouts who are hired to locate open positions in their assigned market and post those openings into the JobNab system. Scouts are paid a commission of the fees users pay to access the full contact details for that job.

The most common reason for the complaints we receive from the handful of scouts who claim that they are not being paid is that they have earned no commissions. This is typically because they did not post the recommended number of jobs, posted the jobs incorrectly, or otherwise did not follow the directions covered in training. Some also express surprise that the job is commission after a few weeks on the job, although that's covered at every stage of orientation and training and appears in most public forums about the job.

Scouts who earn commissions are paid every two weeks like clockwork.

As was probably explained to you on the phone, the Better Business Bureau is a for-profit company, not a government agency. They are a mediary that collects complaints from consumers and asks the businesses to respond. They earn profit from membership dues paid by businesses, but companies are in no way obligated to become members. We have chosen not to allocate any resources towards a yearly membership fee that benefits our company very little. Still, when contacted by the BBB with a consumer complaint we respond, as can be seen on the BBB report for our business.

Currently, we have a C- rating, but that's because of the time we've been in business. We have received only 5 complaints and responded to them all. Now, if we were really only paying our scouts "peanuts...sometimes, I guess when [we] feel like it, " don't you think there would be more complaints than just five?

Finally, you have a severe misunderstanding of the online employment industry if you think that we are in violation of any laws. Most major job board's business is based on charging employers and staffing agencies to either post jobs or gain limited access to their resume database. If you've posted a resume on a job board, and were contacted about a job, someone paid to read your resume. You can read more about the services, and the charges associated with this business at Monster's site:

Currently, their "Power Resume" search, which is for 7 days or 100 resumes, is at a cost of $390 to employers and agencies.

I hope this addresses all of your concerns about JobNab.

JobNab.comScam

I did a whois on this company after receiving an email from them. Why would a legitimate company hide their contact information?
Registrant:

Record created on 19-Jul-2006
Database last updated on 15-Apr-2010

• Kaysie Sep 20, 2010

JobNab=CareerNetwork=TheInternetCompany=Three Stars Media

This info might help you out. They are now based in Orlando, FL. NOT a legit company.

• Un
    Unemployed In IL Jan 21, 2011

Ok, I keep seeing that this is a scam company, but no one is saying HOW they are a scam company. What makes them a scam company???

- Unemployed in Illinois

Malik Jan 31, 2011

Appears to be yet another phishing scam to get your information to send you back to school. Don't these idiots know that even with loans and grants you will still have to pay back the money?

Note to everyone out there. You have probably come to the same conclusion that I have but if a site asks you anything about your education in the initial section where you fill out your information, avoid it as it will be a scam.

• Du
    dudemandude Apr 24, 2011

They obtained my information illegally and spammed me . They're affiliated with employer-network.com aka career network, all known to be involved with phishing and information theft .
    Report them http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
    FTC https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

JobNab PR Apr 25, 2011

dudemandude,

I'm sorry, but to claim we are doing anything illegal is libelous and patently untrue. We have a privacy policy and terms and conditions posted on our site that we adhere to, and as a user you agree to when using the site. Please refrain from making statements such as this in the future.

JobNab

JobNab PR May 11, 2011

Malik, I'm sorry, but you don't seem to understand the term "phishing". Specifically, it is the act of masquerading as a major company, such as a bank, to trick people into revealing their login information. It's illegal, and to suggest we are doing anything illegal is libelous.

JobNab is an incorporated business, advertising in its own name, and does nothing to trick people into anything. All correspondence is done so with permission. We cannot force you into signing up for anything, especially loans or grants that involve lengthy application processes that require your active participation. Please refrain from making libelous accusations such as this in the future.

• Sh
    SHERRY669 Aug 02, 2011

these people want you to go to their web site and register for a job. after doing so, you will receive phone calls or text messages from a bunch of people trying to get you to go to school or get your information. they promise you a job and say someone is already interested in you and it is a lie! dont do anything on this site, it is all a scam!!! BEWARE

• Ki
    Kimberly Carter Oct 07, 2011

I recieved a text message stating, "Hi Kimberly, based on your resume, you match a job I'm a filling. Register at jobnab.com and we can dicuss it if you're interested."

• He