Iso Beauty Complaints & Reviews

Iso BeautyDefective Product - Unhelpful Company

I don’t even know where to start, I visited a mall in Seattle in the summer and bought a Iso Beauty Straighter, the one I tried at the Kiosk was amazing, well worth the $200 I paid for it, and it came with a life time warranty so I thought why not. Let me tell you why not.

When I brought it home I used it and went to work, Guess what, the Off button didn’t work. it burned my Dresser. The lifetime warranty is $15 additional and that’s if you can get a hold of someone and its $30 shipping to plus the shipping there.

When called the Kiosk that sold it to me, they were like "this never happens" "we'll exchange it for you, just go online and send it to the warranty" I told him I wanted a refund and that I wasn’t going to risk my house burning down because of it. he said they couldn’t I said I demanded it. Poor guy barely spoke English I’m sure he had a fright. He said that he would talk to the owner and call me back.

it’s been six months I'm still waiting for a call back. They actually avoid my calls now, they never call me back when I leave messages. When I went to make sure that really the off button didn’t work, the Iso Beauty Straighter wouldn’t even turn on, so now its 3 days in and my $200 product is broken.

After this I started to call Iso Beauty Directly, that’s when the real nightmare started. I talked to 2 agents that said they would ask the CEO and call me back. They never did. Finally 2 or 3 months later I asked for a supervisor Doreen. I explained everything to her, how her agent told me to go back to the kiosk, how the kiosk people told me they couldn’t help me. (the kiosk is 4 hours from where I live) her agents didn’t call me back. about a 45 min call.

Doreen was going to help me, solve everything for me, she was going to contact the Kiosk when she got off the phone with me. So it turns out Doreen forgets things 5 minutes after she gets off the phone. She didn’t call the kiosk, even when I sent her all the information, she said she was under the impression that I was going to call the kiosk. why would I call them when I explained to you they are avoiding me and I sent you the information to contact them?

Then she said that she would replace my product with a better one, then she said she would waive the $30 fee on shipping, also she said she didn’t need mine back because I didn’t want to pay for shipping. This all happened over the course of 3 months. I think 3 months is lots of time to get your stuff worked out. but not for them.

I emailed the CEO to complain about my wasted time with Doreen.

Doreen called me up and yelled at me for about 30 mins, about how difficult I am, about how horrible I am, that I'm asking for too much, that she never said any of those things or promised me anything. That she doesn’t get paid to deal with people like me and all she’s doing is trying to help me. I'm not kidding this is word for word. I was actually shaking after the call I was so upset. I've never been yelled at by a person where I’m the customer I asked her to never contact me again. I’m actually scared of the woman.

Since then I have tried to call Alon the CEO - apparently I have a cell phone number which he personally emailed to me. She never picks up, nor does she ever respond to any of my recent emails. Today was the last day I was going to wait, I thought with the holidays I’ll gave her some time with her voice mail, however it’s obvious that this company is avoiding me. anyhow I'm out $200, my white dresser is damaged, I've been yelled at by the supervisor and best of all, I'm a t fault according to the company.

DO NOT EVER BUY THIS PRODUCT, SERVICE IS TERRIBLE

I'm going to go through small claims court and see if I can actually get some results, since I’m a Canadian this makes it a little harder for me, if anyone has any advice, I'd love some.

Thanks for listening, wish me luck

• Lu
    Lucky6595 Jan 10, 2011

Alon Peled the CEO now is emailing me telling me I've been rude to them, here is a good note, I've never talked to Alon besides asking if i can call her and asking her why she hasn't returned my calls over the last month.

She let me know she’s been chasing me and not able to get a hold of me. Did i mention that she lost my number even when i send it through email 2 times and left her voicemails with it. I guess a company is only going to be as good as its leader?

I think she doesn’t read my emails, I imagine she gets a lot of complaints and loses track of them, the more i deal with this company the more i want to take them to court so they learn a lesson not to rip off the consumer.

• Me
    Mekdes Sep 06, 2011

I just bought this from the mall in seattle and I am think we should take them to small claim court as well!!!

Iso BeautyUnauthorized billing

I was at the mall and was stopped by a salesperson at one of the kiosk. They were selling flat irons. I had a good Sedu flat iron at home. She started to flat iron my hair and I was amazed. My hair had so much shine, it was silky straight and then she put these beautiful ringlets in my hair that would only come out when she ironed them. She told me the temperature of the iron did not get over 250 degrees so it would not damage my hair and a bunch of stuff about negative ions. I was a idiot and fell for it $165 later. Not only did I buy one but, I talked my daughter into one and they gave it to her for $99 When I got home the iron worked like crap and did not even work better than my Sedu. In fact my Sedu works a lot better. Also the temperature reaches 450 degrees and the iron is hot to touch. When I paid for the iron I was given a receipt stamped "NO REFUNDS" which I was not even told about, nor was there any visible signs.

I got in touch with the company by email and phone and they were very rude and unhelpful. We just went back and forth with out getting anything resolved. I went back to the kiosk and they told me I just needed to practice more.Why would I need to practice when I been using flat irons for years. The company said they would exchange, but I do not want the same crappy iron I already own. I am sure the ones the use to do your hair are not the same as the ones they sell.

If you go to their website isobeauty.com you will see that their iron sell for around $300 that is how much my box says. If you want to be safe DO NOT buy from the internet except from folica.com, only buy from Beauty Supply stores, Dept. stores, and Drug stores, places where you can return a item if it does not work the way you would like it to.

• Sh
    shadowstina88 Nov 08, 2008

The same thing happened to me today, I got ripped off at a mall kiosk, the salespeople were pushy and wouldn't take no for an answer. I really want to return it or somehow get my money back, but am not sure if there is a way. Did you have any success in trying to return your flat iron?

Thanks

• Mi
    Michaele Aug 06, 2009

My flat iron from the mall ISO kiosk works great. I paid 169 all together but they threw in an extra one as a buy one get one free. I wouldn't trade that flat iron for anything and I was told up front about no returns and that if I wanted, I could exchange at anytime. Maybe the flat iron I bought was new and improved or something...

• Wa
    wapesawiya Dec 13, 2009

I got screwed too. I'm going to take my medicine, but the next time I am at the mall and I see them giving a customer the same treatment I got, well, I'm just going to exercise me right to free speech. God, I don't want to go to jail.

• Is
    isobe56 Dec 22, 2009

i would like to help you resolve any problem with iso beauty im from iso beauty.
    you can reach me at 8187719359
    1877-9-for-iso
    [email protected]

we can help you with any of your complaints.
    just let me know where and when it happened.

we will contact the vendors to explain them if it will happened we will stop selling to them.

• Ad
    Adina Duran Nov 11, 2010

We would be more than happy to hear what you have to say please contact us
    1877-9-FOR-ISO
    818-7719702
    [email protected]
    www.isobeauty.com

• Ar
    AriesFyre Jul 09, 2011

I would love to know why ISO people here are pushing a site for their product that is suspended. Sorry but this iron is crap. It DOES NOT curl hair without something being put into the hair. I'd very much like to know what was put/sprayed into my hair at the mall.

• Ka
    Kayla Russell Oct 09, 2013

I had a horrible experience at the Iso straightening irons kiosk as well. I went to the mall last week on a lunch break and today again to get a book, and each time I pass that kiosk they swarm me like mosquitos and won't take no for an answer. I was kind the first time, but the second time it happened I realized their script (during both of my experiences) were EXACTLY the same. They both whispered that their manager is out and they "want to give me a deal" and they both made the same comments about how a customer left behind a coupon and I'm free to use it to get a bottle of oily stuff for free. I called them out on it. All three salespeople were there and I told them that to sell their product they better have a better variety of scripts because their scripted lies are going to put them out of business. Their mouths all gaped open as I walked away. Do NOT get talked into buying one of their irons. They're horribly hot and bad for your hair and are ridiculously overprices. Bottom line--it's a SCAM.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices