Island One Resorts Complaints & Reviews

Island One ResortsLack of contact

In October I received a telephone call from Howard (001 [protected]) from Island One Resorts, informing me that they had recently taken over another company with whom I had a vacation booked and paid for and agreed the destinations. Howard informed me that they had taken over the previous company and were now responsible for my vacation. After giving my payment details (card number etc) and paid £167-00 to extend it as it was coming to an end, I got a call back to confirm the arrangements by the customer services [protected]). They were supposed to post the details of the vacation to me within 2 weeks from our conversation and to assist me on what i needed to do etc etc, however, it has been three months now and I have not heard anything. I have made several attempts to contact this company with the telephone numbers that i was given, but have been unsuccessful. I have a feeling that I may have been robbed of my money. I have paid in total approximately £1, 300-00 towards this vacation and it is very disappointing that I cannot speak to anyone about it so that I can start making arrangements. Howard gave me the impression that they were a genuine company with a very good reputation, which I have checked on the net and it appears to be, however, It is difficult to see this when I have made numerous attempts to contact them, to no avail.

If you could please assist me, I would really appreciate it. would I be able to get my money back, at least. Because I feel that I cannot trust this type of vacation anymore, as appealing as it may have seemed.

Yours sincerely

Sarah Sachar

• Er
      Eric Richter Sep 13, 2010

we are island one owners and every time we book a vacation with them it is nothing but a bloody headache. Once we are there everything is great but they do not run their business in a very organizied manner. Next time I go to Orlando I'm going to see Deborah Linden who is the founding owner and CEO of Island One. It's too bad such a beautiful place seems to under pay the staff so the people working there do not do their jobs with the dedication that is required by Island One.

Island One ResortsRip off!

I have been trying to sell my Island One Resort's Bryans Spanish Cove timeshare for three years to no avail. I was told last year that I could put my Week 6 timeshare up for rent this year. I filled out the forms and called during Week 6 and a family from New York was staying in suite 204. I called and asked when I could expect my rent money so I could pay for my 2008 maintenance fees. I was told that I would not be receiving any rent money and was told I had agreed to this when I filled out the forms to put it up for rent! I couldn't believe it. This is the mother of all ripoffs.

This company should be shut down immediately. There are complaint against them on this site. Stay way away from them.

• Di
        Dina Courage Apr 16, 2016

Rudest company ive ever dealt with. Very abusive in the phone

• Ni
        nitd Dec 30, 2013

been trying to sell a flex week at plantation cove with no luck... not using it anymore... have been depositing weeks with II and using it that way for now... Now we do not need it... no resale dept.. anyone know who I can talk to face to face in st. augustine... Everyone wants money up front to sell and you never meet them... BBB says this is a scam.. so I am stuck, , HELP. St. Augustine, Florida
        Taxes current

• Gr
        grams42 Jul 25, 2012

for anyone who is having a problem with this company Florida will not do anything about them. The best thing to do is contact the Federal Trade commissioner and let them know how they have defrauded you, and how you are aware there are many other consumers they are ripping off as well. Make sure you write they are ripping off other consumers as well. you can do this on line. Do it now. If you want results

• It
        Italian Girly girl Mar 28, 2012

All of this is LIES!!! I work at Island One Resorts and the company is NOT a rip off! Onwer do not read their contracts so they dont know how the timeshare ownership industry really works. Also when you own a timeshare, you dont own a specific condo, you own TIME! and if you call 2-4 weeks before you want to come in then of course we wont have space, especially if your wanting to come during a peak season! ISLAND OEN ROCKS!!!

• Ra
        rammann Nov 09, 2010

I agree 100%. They lied about everything. They are an extremely high pressure sales force, with their routine down pat. For what I pay in annual maintenance, I could find a resort to rent. I had written to the Attorney General of Fl., but all I got was we'll look into it. If you must have a time share, go on line and rent one from the suckers like myself. I have had my unit for about seven years, and I can't give it away, which I would do. Also, the sites hardly rate the high stars they are given. At best they are two and a half to three stars out of five. Yes, they should be shut down, but caveat emptor, let the buyer beware. Don't get suckered into money or gifts for listening to their spin. They do not easily give these, and they put you through hell. Is a half day of vacation worth at best $100?

• Th
        Thomas Abel Jan 11, 2010

It's funny that I did the same thing. I had Week 6 at Spanish Cove, Unit 206 and called to find out someone was staying there. Got the same thing. I agreed to it but I also had sent a request to have it rented. I have just decided that I will not longer pay the maintenance fee. I'm old enough and secure enough, to tell them to shove it. I am also rich enough but that doesn't matter--it's the principle of the thing. Shut them down!!!

• Ke
        Kelly Mar 26, 2009

I agree with this person 100%. They should be shut down. Anyone thinking about buying a timeshare from them dont. Its the worst thing you could do. They lie about everything. Stay away from them.