Iolo Technologies Complaints & Reviews

Iolo Technologiesserial number invalid and no support

I bought Phoenix 360 from their own website received email and activation key. however when trying to activate the product it gives me Error 2 and activation key is unavailable. Tried to reach out to customer support with ticket number #12759 but till now no reply. So bought a product that i can't use, with a time limit. So if they actually reply sometime in the future all that time was wasted.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Iolo Technologiesscamming regarding expired license

I bought system mechanic 7 from a retail store in 2017. The software which I paid $50.00 for at the time worked fine until my computer recently crashed and died. When I went to install the system mechanic software on my newer laptop, the activation key wouldn't work. So I called iolo's technical support center and they said my one year subscription ran out on 3/31/09, so I would need to buy another year's subscription for it to work. Wow! What a scam. The software itself should work for as long as I want to use it, obviously I won't have any updates or new features that they add after 3/31/09, but the software I bought should still work fine. So I tried to explain this to the tech support guy. I then asked him to have a supervisor call me. Right after that I called and spoke to the main office gal, who documented my info and said she would forward it on to a supervisor. Good thing because the first man I spoke with entered my phone number wrong (mistake? I doubt it). So, I received an email today from a customer service rep stating the same old info that I need a subscription. They make it impossible to reach anyone above them to get help. I'll continue to call until I get satisfaction. But I will never buy an iolo product again!

Comment Guidelines

3 Responses
      • Ji
        Jim wheeler Sep 25, 2012

I purchased a dell computer that had iolo tech software in 2017, it never worked after years of trying to get them to refund the money, which you never can get them to email you or reply to emails (this is because they do not want an audit trail), they just stoled another 29 bucks from my credit card. I have contacted them by phone 12 times to resolve this and what do I get another bill for something I have never used because it will not work. I will never buy another Dell computer that supports this company.

• Di
        Dillome Sep 14, 2012

On August 28, 2017 I contacted Iolo Technologies for support of my System Mechanics software which the PC protection was not functioning as described. I informed the technician of the problem of the system error due to the software not performing such as optimizing, cleaning, checking for viruses and other vital security issues. The technician performed a remote control access and supposedly clean up problems as he said he performed. The technician was from Iolo Premium Services and he said to call back in 30 days if any more problems occur and would have to escalate the problem to the Microsoft Certified team to fix the problems that have occurred.

After two days of my computer not performing due to System Mechanics software not installed due to technician uninstalling the software and not reinstalling the software.
        After a week of not contact from any representative from Iolo Premium Services. I contacted them to informed on my case # [protected] as the issue was still not resolved and it needed attention. While speaking to the technician, the technician said she would take of the issue and I had nothing to worry about ..

Well the representative took remote access of my computer session number # [protected] and he indicated that the first was not from the premium services and I provided the rep with his ID of [protected] password 5513. He stated he would perform necessary clean up procedures and he would contact me when he was completed. I watched him perform very few any procedures to resolve my computer issues. I then contacted technical support and informed the rep of the issue of the technician not performing according what he promised to do as to clean up my computer issues and to reinstall my System Mechanics ..While discussing the issues with the reps, I was under the impression that I had purchased the System Mechanics Pro version and was informed that it was the standard and I know the customer service stated when I renewed my subscription that he version was the pro version which I know was know i renewed the professional version.

The customer service reps have not performed any performance issues as promised as they have described as to clean up my system and for the performance to be like and new system. I had to argue in a professional manner and they continue to insist that I have not had not premium service performed on my computer and I even provided the reps with that technicians the ID of the premium service rep and password.

On September 07 at 1:00PM EST, I again contacted the technicians to have something done with my system mechanics related software issues and for a rep/technician to reinstall my software and for my computer to perform like the system should perform as the the company states for the software to perform computer related clean up performance issues.

I am currently using another computer as my computer is not performing as fast as it should and infected with serious computer related viruses because System Mechanics software caused the issues as the software not reinstalled as promised and the software not performing as described.

I have had four techs attempt to remote control my system and once the have reviewed my case, they do not perform as promise.

• Al
        Alex Mar 30, 2009

label has said optimized for vista 64, tried to run it and it ruined my system had to recover it and lost all of my valuable data

checked Microsoft compatibility web site and found out that in fact it s not compatible with Vista 64 bit systems
        Violation of truth in labeling act !!! Lets start Class action lawsuit !!!

Have similar claim ?want to join ? contact me by email [email protected] Alex

Iolo Technologies — bad service

I have been a loyal customer of iolo technologies for many years. I have repeatedly purchased their system...