Hutch India Complaints & Reviews

Hutch IndiaProblem with customer services

Re: Hutch India

Subject: Complaint directed at appalling customer service and inability to resolve an issue that has been continuing for over 3 weeks on my number [protected].

I would like to raise an official complaint where my issue pertaining to my mobile services has been dealt with appalling customer services and a manner of resolve for a very simple issue that has not been resolved as yet, mocking behavior from customer service agents and demeaning conduct for the supervisors on the floor from different departments.

My complaint is as follows:

After changing my billing address within the same month of activation of my mobile number, I was given to understand that verification would happen on my billing address in person. I accepted the request, as I did not have a problem with the billing address verification. After a few days I received a message stating that I need to call Hutch customer services “urgently” with regards to my billing address verification. I called Hutch immediately in response to the sms message I received. This happened over 3 weeks from writing this complaint today. Ever since, I have been facing the same issue, where after agreeing to a personal verification of my billing address from Hutch, I kept on receiving sms messages stating the same need to call in urgently regarding verification.

I spoke to numerous agents in customer services stating to request verification to be carried out over the weekend or after 5:30PM on weekdays. The reason given by me for requesting the verification to be conducted over the weekend and after 5:30PM on week days was and still is, my working hours are from 7:00 AM in the morning to 4:30 PM in the evening. I can only get home after 5:00 PM in the evening and thus requested for the personal verification to happen only either after 5:30 PM in the evening or over the weekend. I am unable to go to a Hutch shop to complete the verification as I still work at home in the evening after coming home at 5:00 PM till 8:00 PM. After specifying my condition of work hours and availability during the week, I made my situation understood that I cannot be at my billing address between 7 AM to 5 PM on weekdays and my inability to visit a hutch shop (which I was later asked to do after making a call to the customer services department on the 29th May 30, 2017).

On the occasion mentioned above, I waited the entire weekend and after 5:30 on weekdays for the verification to happen, which evidently did not happen. No one came to my address to verify even after specifying the weekend being the best option to get me at the billing address. After receiving yet another cheerful sms message to call your customer services “Urgently” regarding the same issue of verification. I requested the verification to after 5:30 PM during the week. When that too did not happen, I requested for a verification to be carried out on Tuesday, 22 May 2017 or Wednesday, 23 May 2017 as I was at the billing address for the entire duration of both days. Conveniently, the verification did not happen during either of the two days even after informing the customer services and a supervisor about my situation (I spoke to a supervisor as my patience grew thin regarding the same issue that had been continuing for now over 2 weeks and the competence of the agents and the methods of working and communication of the departments within Hutch was appalling). After the reassurances of the supervisor on the floor and the other numerous agents, that verification would happen on the weekend and on the 22nd May and 23rd May, did not happen, my services were restricted on Monday, 29th May 2017. Apparently the verification personnel came on Friday, 25th May 2017 before 5:30 PM. When I called Hutch, I was given the reason that my services were canceled due to verification not completed or failed ( I was not given a call by the verification agent who came to verify my billing address whether I would be at the address at any particular time), as naturally there was a lock on my door (As there is no one at the address during working hours).

I have made over 6 calls on the 29th May 2017 and over 10 calls Today, 30th May 2017 regarding the same issue without getting a satisfactory response from any one. All I wanted was that my line be restored till the time verification does happen on the 31st May 2017 or 1st June 2017 for which I have set the condition that the verification be made after 5:30PM made on Tuesday, 29th May 2017. I have also been extremely patient with all issues over the calls I made except when I lost my temper over one call during the same issue that has been carrying on for a long time (How hard is it to verify an address?). I fully reserve the right to express my emotions over a call under any situation when an issue is being dealt with in a inexcusable slip shod manner by any person in the customer services department or for that matter any other department.

I would now like to specify my official complaint as:

Lack of any humane comprehension of my position, the absolute inability to apply any directive to the issue, absolute inability to follow a simple work instruction given by a CUSTOMER of Hutch, Lack of morals on the part of both agents and the supervisor on the floor, outright deficiency to cooperate on all levels (This can be justified when the calls in your recorded database are closely analyzed and listened to), Lack of any directive when answering queries made by me, sending my to wrong departments, Outright defiance and non-cooperation from the agent when asked a direct question, Inaccurate, wrong and misleading information provided just to make me stop persisting, inaccurate questions asked, cutting the phone lines off without informing me ( this happened on numerous calls made by me today on the 30th May 2017 during the hours between 6:00 PM and 9:00 PM) thus considered rude behavior on behalf of the agent taking the call, malicious and TOTALLY unacceptable customer service behavior, purposely not giving information and misleading statements when asked for the supervisors and agents Employee ID’s for reference and request to be put through to the cancellation department (Happened in the billing department where the supervisors name is Harish Kunder and the agents name is Victor Fernandez – {Please listen to these calls as your quality and training department are not doing their job when putting insolent and obnoxious agents on the floor} where the supervisor refused to take the call and kept refusing to talk to me, neither was the agent able to transfer the call to any manager or higher on the floor, thus I’m presuming that either the supervisors are not doing their job and making a mockery of the supervisors position thus being incompetent to handle a query or there is no one on the floor, which I find Extremely unusual and unacceptable) as well as being blatantly blunt and sarcastic when answering my questions and issues. Oh hell I can carry on with issues I have faced but it would not make a difference, as I doubt the efficiency in which this case would be handled. I am thus fed up and find it exhausting to write all the issues that I would like to complain about in this official complaint letter.

I strongly recommend that all the calls made by me to Customer services be analyzed regarding this issue (especially the calls I have made over the past one week or so), listened to by the senior managers and action taken accordingly with justice served. I strongly feel that none of the Sr. managers nor authority personnel are aware on the standards of Hutch customer services and the manner in which certain sensitive cases are handled, especially when the customer has been a long and faithful customer with Hutch. I don’t need to specify the amount and time Hutch would have to invest in getting a new customer as the last thing expected is to loose a long time valuable customer especially over such a minor and avoidable issue such as mine in this case. I know how important it is for a company to retain a customer. Please let me know if you feel differently, as I would close all accounts with Hutch.

Let me tell you that I have been a customer with Hutch for over three and a half years and NEVER have I come across such inexcusable behavior from the company. I have a very good mind to press charges and take the company to court regarding the level of customer services experienced, the inconveniences I have been put through and the compensation that can be claimed in such case circumstances. I would like this to be handled by the complaints department first for a better resolution to my issue and actioned as correctly and appropriately as possible. I would also like to be called and informed by the complaints department manager or preferably by a person of higher authority as to what action will be taken in my regard and case.

If this case were not handled with precision and proper steps, I would be forced to take this further. I do not prefer other service providers, however, I would be compelled to change as this experience has shattered my faith completely in a company noted for its service and quality.

I have been promised resolve from many customer service agents, which have not been attended and actioned correctly (As pre the promises and guarantees made by supervisors and agents). I would like my calls to be pulled up from the recorded database and addressed by senior managers in the company, just to get an idea of what I have been forced to face.

Rest assured that this case is not only going to rest with the complaints department of Hutch in India (Mumbai Department). Please make it a point to assure me as your customer still, that such issues will never unfold in the future my me or anyone else for that matter. I am still being very considerate and I would like you to take that into meticulous effect and consideration. From mental unrest and the time taken up to writing this long detailed letter, I would like to be justified in a manner that is still within your company policy and the human degree of understanding of a customers point of view and stand in the complete and unscripted picture of service that your company provides.

After understanding my complaint and letter of complaint very carefully, I would appreciate that this issue of infidelity (As still not completely justified in degree of understanding and expression of how I feel right now) be swiftly attended to.

Kind regards,
Sincerely,
Borune Roy Choudhury.
Phone Number: [protected]
Area: Mumbai, India.

Complaint Issue filed with Hutch under my account Ph number [protected].

• De
    devarajan May 31, 2007

I have lodged three complaint last 15 days and also walked into there tele shop. The complaint was... Though i have an std connection my outgoing to STD to bombay and delhi does not connect and it say the number does not exit. Whereas the my nearby states such as Kerala std calls connected. It may be a technical problem but nothing has been done on service front. I believe there call center company is said or the who receive complain t not given there salary. Or the company is bankrupt. My surprise is that even a fellow who sell vegetables on road are providing better service at least having courtesy to attend to complaints. Avoid using mobiles and reduce your spending at least not to make them more DACIOTS.

• Sm
    s.mohamad Feb 13, 2008

very nice your service . thank you hutch company

Hutch IndiaUnsolicited ringtones download

Hutch has downloaded a cheap hindi song as my ring tone WITHOUT my permission on my prepaid connection which is affecting my business and all my clients are making fun of it. Further Hutch has gone ahead and charged for the same by way of automatically deducting the amount from the cash balance,On calling the Hutch customer care repeatedly they refused to entertain my complaint and kept saying that their systems were being upgraded and they cant do anything about this matter. They say that i should call every few hours to check if their systems are ok only then will they be able to revert with an answer. In the interium they asked me to call the caller tunes no 123143 to see if the matter could be solved from that end and when i did so they put me on hold with a prerecorded computer message which kept going on and charged my account more money without any customer care personal coming on line. Such a large company is resorting to such a cheap and low form of cheating is very sad and they should be penalized. They have been valued highly by Vodafone due to us -Hutch's large number and valued customers. It is a shame that Hutch is resorting to these kind of tactics to fleece its customers. Hope the company reads this and takes appropriate action.

• Pr
    Priya Mandal Mar 02, 2007

I am holding my prepaid account with Hutch since approx 6 years and have submitted my identification / address proof documents thrice. In spite of this I receive cll from the company representative asking me to re-submit the same.I have told them to let me know as to what have they done with the documents that I have submitted earlier as these are confidential and personal data.There is no response from their end on the same.

Since, the last 3 days Hutch has disconnected my caller id and is thereby resorting to harassment to obtain documents that have been submitted thrice already.

If they do not resolve this issue to my satisfaction i will claim compensation from them for losing my personal data and harassment and will also close my account and approach the papers for assistance.

• Re
    renuka suvarna May 17, 2007

Re: Hutch

This is to inform you that I Ms Renuka Suvarna having cell No : 9920306451 (Prepiad) was shocked to be charged amount of Rs 99/- from my prepaid balance.

When contacted your call centre with Mr Lucky & Mr. Avi I was informed the the same has been charged as Cricket commentary charges, of which i have no knowledge.

Also when asked about what confirmation if any from my side, I failed to get any justification or clarification from your call centre for the charges levied.

Please be informed that neither have i requested or even received such an sms from your side regarding the above facility, so why i have been charged this dubious amount.

Also inspite of repeated reminders & follow ups i have not received any responce from your call centre people.

Is this how you treat your customers.

I once again demand that the amount charged to be refunded to me.

I case i do not receive the same i will compled to take up the matter with consumer forum.

Early action in this regard will highly appreciated.

Regards
    Renuka Suvarna

rakesh verma May 22, 2007

Many times I have requested to the Hutch Shop to convert my postpaid connection into Prepaid. But no response to date. It is therefore requested to intervene into the matter personally. So that connection should be changed from Postpaid to Prepaid. If no response from your good self I will file a complaint in District Consumer Forum against Hutch Company/Executives. I have also met your executives in Hutch Shop in V-Mart, Nakodar Road, Jalandhar but no response. I seem there is no customer satisfaction/co-operation etc. Copy kept for Legal Action against the Company. Send reply/compliance/e-mail at the earliest.

Yours Sincerely,
    Rakesh Verma.

Anuj Shah May 24, 2007

I took a Hutch postpaid connection on 19 May 2007 and 30 minutes after the purchase of the connection it got activated also but the very next dat it was deactivated without any prior notice. when I contacted the customer care service I was told that they have not received the application form thus it has been deactivated and as soon as they will receive the form it will be activated again.Next day the dealer from where i took the connection, confirmed that the application form has reached the Hutch desk I contacted Customer care again then I was told that I have crossed the credit limit of Rs. 300 hence the services have been terminated. How can they play with the customer like this giving silly excuses. On the whole a very pathetic service.

Shailesh Waghela May 30, 2007

Hutch are the new age looters who loot innocent customers money into their big pockets. I had been a prepaid Hutch customer for two years. One nice day I have topped up for Rs.850 which gets the customer 60 days validity, shockingly the service got disconnected within a week. When contacted Hutch anchors they were saying I need to refill it more with Rs.99 because they had put me into easy chalta rahen plan. Customer can only do one thing 'bang your head on the wall'.

Sandeep Nangrani May 30, 2007

I do agree with this complaint of downloading unsolicited ringtones by Hutch. I had a corporate connection from Hutch while serving in TCS, Kolkata. One fine evening, I mistakenly dialed "123" but disconnected it within seconds; And from the very next day there was a Caller Tone of some unknown song on my cell. While inquiring about the same from their customer care, I was intimated that I have selected that "UNKNOWN SONG' and it has been charged with Rs. 30/- (that will be reflected in my next billing cycle). Anyways, still I find Hutch to be far better than Airtel (Airtel really sucks).

Indian companies should focus more on their Sales departments and emphasize on their executives to be more ethical, honest, trained and up-to-date with latest plans / products / policies. Consumers don't need to be bombarded with colorful Advertisements / hoardings / marketing strategies, rather they need "Quality" and commitment from these companies.

• Mu
    munish kumar Jun 01, 2007

Out of 4 months i shift to post paid connection (hutch) only once i received the bill. Every month at least 4 complaints are done by me, the customer care executive says the bill is already delivered, on demand of duplicate bill 5 days time is given but no bill is received, again the executive says bill delivered. Executive says u may take print out from hutch site online but he cant ensure that bill will be delivered in future or not. All time he says may i help u. What kind of help can they provide, i dont understand. So the result is that bill shall never be delivered to me. Even an executive called mr. Vijay says go online to view bill, bill delivery may not be ensured, and he cant help in this regard. How embarrassing.

Hutch India — Poor organization & customer care service!

(i) I had deposited my bill in cash on 3 rd January, 2007 against the due date 29th December,2006 due to new...

Hutch IndiaStrange call from Hutch office

I have got a call from the number [protected] at 03:20:51 pm on 03-12-2006 and says that its a call from Hutch Office (Ernamkulam) and asked my Identity details. Does anyone know " Is that number is right or wrong"? Advise smb!

• Bv
    B.V.Pillai Mar 25, 2007

I had been a Hutch postpaid customer, 2 yrs back. When I realized that they were charging me for those services I had never used, I cancelled the connection. That of course was a tough job as I was asked to give written request for cancellation and surrender my sim card along with it. I used to pay all the bills before due date,and had a clear payment record.

Now after 2 years, I suddenly started getting legal notices saying that I haven't paid my bills and legal action will be taken for fraudulence. That too on non-usage charges of cancelled connection. I inquired about it with the advocate, Hutch office, but no one has any interest to look into it, as they just want is the money and of course the bad name. I dont understand what to do now.

Chhaya Kandwal Jun 29, 2007

I was holder of hutch connection 9811838590, which has now disconnected vide my mail dated: 27 Feb 2007 sent to your corporate hutch center. Now, the connection has been disconnected and the dues have already been paid vide my cheque no: 877556 of Rs. 803/-except this amount as such there is no dues remaining. Further in this regard i talked to Mr. Kundan he told me you please forward mail to us so i forward the same, thereafter, once i forwarded a mail to their hutch care on dated 23.03.2007 wherein i mentioned that i have paid all the dues kindly disconnect my number inspite that bill was received to me. The same day i received a call from hutch ms. Kanishka was talking who also refer my mail and told me that your connection has been disconnected. But bill is still continuing while i don't have any dues remaining and the connection has been disconnected since the date so no question arise over here that they call me persistently. I m really harassed by their hutch executive why they call me daily and torchered and disturbed and asked the dues ? It is very casual. Now i would like to brought to notice that kindly check the status and sort out the problem soon so as to avoid my headache. Otherwise i will complain ahead because i am really fed up their call.

• Pr
    praveen kumar Jan 30, 2009

some problem about the this number prasently where u now this person send me imediately no-9930152240

Hutch IndiaA case of cheating

I happen to purchase a long distance calling card from Hutch India. But ever since I purchase a card it was not working and all the time used to give pre recorded message.

Upon approach to customer care representative in Bhavnagar city, I was told by representative that Hutch did not asked you to come and buy this product. This was really very nonsense answer by customer care rep. However I launched on line complaint and I was assured for reply from company in 48 hours. But still nothing is working.

And believe me Hutch customer care service is the worst one would have ever seen in their life. In Bhavnagar center they are keeping seating arrangement for 4 customer while there used to be always more than 25 customer in que. I have launched a complaint against them and trying to make people aware about the below ground level service by Hutch India. Also advising all for not to go for Hutch Mobile phone service at all. There are so many others which are giving very good service.

• Su
    Subhash Jain Dec 05, 2006

We ACP Marketing Private Limited subscribed to new scheme of HUTCH phones and took 12 connections from HUTCH from 9999035102 to 9999035113.

Before subscription, we told the HUTCH representative we need all nos in one serial. But then problem arise They give all nos but missed one no having last digests 111 being that is paid number. We asked them ok we do not need the connections. Then they insisted us to take one more number. Earlier we ask them to give 9nos then they give 10nos. Under corporate scheme Hutch promised us to give following benefits:

-free calls as per scheme
    -Hutch to Hutch 0.30 min
    -Hutch to other local nos 0.99 min
    -no roaming charges
    -free corporate gift

Then problem arise. They did not activate roaming. When contracted they asked us to pay roaming charges. Till that day we did not paid the money so we called that representative who marketed the scheme to us, to take connections back. He again assured the benefits but we need to subscribe one more phone. We agreed their suggestion. But meantime we send one mail to HUTCH and also send letter by fax. They did not reply to our fax letter and email But we got call. They told they agree to all things but Hutch to local calls are not 0.99 min It will be applicable to only mobile phones. Meantime we had already paid the money for connections.

When we got the bills, we find they charged roaming charges on each bill Some even charged for Rs 165 and other about 100. When we contacted Hutch, they advised us to pay this time then next month they will adjust in bill. They said our connections are not under corporate scheme.

Every executive tell us different story. Then we did not paid the bill till they give us in writing One executive come to us that in next month excess bill of adjusted This time we need to pay them after deducting the excess amount charged by them.

We are failed to understand that what is meaning of promises given at the time of sale. What are the intentions of HUTCH company How they will solve our problems. Why they did not give us every things in writing making matter clear once for all.

I am enclosing herewith copy of fax and email written to them for your ready reference. Till date we also did not get the corporate gift which they promised.

• Am
    Amardeep Tanwar Dec 19, 2006

Bloody services providing by hutch. It is providing the poor services to employee.

Mahendra Aggarwal Mar 12, 2007

Since last three years, I am customer of Hutch India. Yesterday Rs. one Hundred is deducted from my account with out any reason. no body from the organization is ready to listen. they were telling this money being deducted as you have activated SMS services (world cup updated) at 3 AM mid night. I am the only user of my mobile and I go to bed at 10 PM. Nobody ready to give proper reply and try to resolve my problem.

Ramprasad S Apr 20, 2007

I am a customer of HUTCH. Last 13th April I recharged my mobile for Rs 59 (for hutch - hutch 10 paise scheme), but instead of that scheme, still i get the 30 paise scheme only... I have asked about this to hutch customer care, but I didn't get any proper response from them... What shall i do? Shall i go to the consumer court?

Ani K Sharma Apr 23, 2007

I am a customer of Hutch Last 11 Day April I Prepaid to Postpaid i paid to Rs of 250 for postpaid connection but my mobile connectivity is very poor there is no response at time today i am fed up, i have asked about this to hutch customer care, but i didn't get any proper response from them what shall i do?

Sheenkesh Jain May 06, 2007

I im a hutch prepaid user since many time im facing network problem. When i complaint about it to hutch customer care they said the problem is with ur handset n advised me o change the handset. After changing handset also im facing network then they said me to change the sim card then also the problem wasn't solved after complaining for so many times they said we cant help it. And i cant change my no. Due to business so what should i do? Were do i go?

Shailesh Jun 18, 2007

Hi,

Same is the case with me. I happen to buy a std topup and now it is almost 1 week that they are activating my std service. I am blank on further mode of action to take. Those call center people always keep on giving 24hrs deadline. After which nothing happens. I am frustrated time and again call their call center and waste a lot of my time.

Raju Kumar Prasad Aug 16, 2007

Frustrated from customer care people.

I have subscribed for SMS 30 pack for 500 SMS free. The 30 ruppess amount is deducting every month from my balance but when I am sending message, every SMS is getting charged. I have complained to customer care people on the same issue at least 10 times. Two or three times they have lodged complained. My complain no are 250713072 and 258922840. They promised they will get back to you within 24 hours. But each and every time I need to make a call on the same after not getting any call from Hutch care.

This I got to know that I have activated Life time plan in the month of june and due to that SMS is getting charged. Though I have activated life time plan so it should not deduct that amount in the next month. But 30 rupees is getting deducted every month and per SMS is getting charged also.

Lastly they said you need to Deactivate the SMS 30 pack I tried the same. But I am unable to deactivate also because I have changed the plan to life time.

I also asked to provide me some senior executive email-id but they didn’t. Last 2 days back I talked again to customer care people and they said we will not be deducting any further charges for SMS because we have deactivated the sms 30 pack.

But today I got to know that 30 rupees amount got deducted.

What should I expect from Hutch care people.

• So
    Sofia Pereira Aug 24, 2007

I have the prepaid card i want the staus from last 5 months call record pls can u provide me

Hutch IndiaWithout reason charged money from prepaid account

From my mobile charged 174 rupees on date 15/08/06 without reason. On 16/08/06 customer care reply the reason that is absolutely wrong. Everyone beware of Hutch billing!

chandra Feb 02, 2007

I hear in recent days that Hutch is being sold to Reliance or some other parties, It may be the right info or not but the behavior of hutch is drastically changed.

I will come to the point. If u open the history of “9985380759” u will be able to know. Struggle since 5 months. I fought with cust care folks lot of times, no use I found, I sent a mail, n got reply with some superior. Good I find that there should not be any plans to be activated unless there is a written acceptance with me. Coz hutch has eaten up the funds from account without notice they have activated the messaging service n started deducting Rs. 2 per day, without any notice.

I took this # on my name n gave it to my father, he is a technical illiterate, he never accepted any thing with any caller or “IVR”. He knows only 3 things, accepting a call, making a simple call n recharging the battery. He never used the msg service. I hope that was in sep or oct 2006. n The officer who spk to me on 9985253559. I don’t remember the name. He promised that no 1 option would be enabled on my fathers mob. But Damn Hutch started deducting Rs.2/- from my # 9985380759, from 4th dec 2006 I think. I raised a req or querry that I want the refund of all the money which was bluffed by Hutch from my account. But no response so far. I don’t know how hutch is going to survive if they produce such customers. Now the balance is Rs -59.45.. Understand how fast hutch is reacting to the issue.

Good. I don’t have time to waste with damn service any more. Call me on 9985253559 n inform the status when will I get all the deducted/bluffed amt back into my mob 9985380759 b4 EOD 11th Jan 2007. Its easy to make my own arrangements.

Please at least Hutch wont do any delay to reply a simple query. If u want to increase the negative balance by 10000000000 of millions no problem. But REPLY ON 9985253559 N INFORM THAT HUTCH IS GOING TO REFUND THE MONEY OR NOT.

• Ak
    akshay Feb 04, 2007

Hi all,

Even i am the customer of hutch and i am really irritated by the service they provide by the way they response to the customers, they dont have any solution to ur queries one of the incidents which happened with me was i had activated H2H std pack (1 re H to H any where in ind) suddenly i realized that after sometime even the std pack is activated it taking 2 rs pm, i lodged a complaint to the TL he said its a network problem and better deactivate the service and try to activate it ones again its more than a week my service is not activated and each and every time i get a message from the network saying that ur service is already active but as soon as i make a call 2 rs are being charged.