HotelCollect.com Complaints & Reviews

HotelCollect.comno refund

Dear sirs,
I want show you that the site in question is fraud because never refound me the amount of 205 euros
For booking at hotel president in london. (see reservation nr. 129.53764 -11 ag.2009 by hotelcollect.com). I've repaid at the hotel because no booking it was in my name. Therefore i'm sure that the hotelcollect.com is a froud and i've complaint it at web-police
Of my city (salerno-italy) on date 11 feb.2010.
I've requered, several time the refund but at the present time i've had nothing...
Sorry for my english linguage... Many thanks e best regards. Gaetano

• Ae
      Aelly Lam Oct 15, 2010

I have already reserved in the internet few months ago, then during Sep, When I arrived to the hotel and we were told that the agent has cancelled our reservation, moreover our my credit card has been settled for this payment. Now I have settle double payment in the hotel, I need for my credit return, But they don't return it to me, so angry!!! They don't have email address, phone number, which is clear contact. It makes me so mad.

• Ae
      Aelly Lam Oct 15, 2010

I am now in the same situation, When I arrived to the hotel and we were told that the agent has cancelled our reservation, moreover our my credit card has been settled for this payment. Now I have settle double payment in the hotel, I need for my credit return!!! And they don't do it

Franck Oblomov Aug 10, 2010

Ciao Gaetano, se hai pagato con una carta di credito rivolgiti alla banca, ci sono 3 mesi di tempo per chiedere il rimborso.
      Hotelcollect è una truffa a me successe lo stesso e recuperai il pagamento tramite Visa dopo sei mesi.
      Credo che ora abbiano cambiato nome e si chiamino Gala Hotels.com più pubblicità facciamo meno gente potranno truffare.
      saluti
      Franck

HotelCollect.comfraud

I booked 8 nights at Newton Place Hotel in Hong Kong conformation # [protected] and [protected]. When I arrived at the hotel, I was advised the reservation was cancelled. I called the company several times and they advised me they would credit my credit card which I never received. I believe this is a scam and the company operates under a fraud condition. From what I understand the company operates out of Turkey.

Yours truly,

Eugene J. Side

• Ss
        sscanim Dec 03, 2010

galahotels.com is a different company and there is no connection with this company

The new name of this scam company is GalaHotels.com

The new name of this scam company is GalaHotels.com

• Le
        letsget2gether Oct 31, 2009

Hi to all who have been 'diddled' by this company. Firstly get in touch with your bank CC Company ASAP to block your account - they may deduct fraudulently again!!! See this has happened to other unfortunate people
        BEWARE BE WARNED AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE...!!!
        *THIS COMPANY ARE NOT ABTA OR ATOL BONDED.
        *THEY ARE NOT REGISTERED HERE IN THE UK AS A COMPANY.
        Like so many others on this site and www.tripadvisor etc I have have sadly had monies taken from my DD account. Oh, I was able to download the booking confirmation voucher but on presenting at the hotel in Liverpool I was informed it was cancelled by the agent...an outsourced agent at that! This is a well-planned and very clever SCAM I would presume just prior to the due time for payment to the hotel these SCOUNDRELS cancel - I was left to pay the hotel again but for a much higher fee than was advertised on the HotelCollect website page.
        What we need to do is check the full company history: Where is the company registered? Where is the contact Address? Try the contact telephone number first. Most importantly ask yourself this: If it is too good to be true well it most probably IS!! Sadly this is a sign of the times! I do hope to have a response to my email but this is highly unlikely in respect of what I have been reading on both this site and tripadvisor. Onward wiser!!!

Do not use Hotelcollect.com
        Wife booked special trip to london with freind when she arrived at Hotel was told booking had been cancelled by hotelcollect .com
        Tried phoning hotelcollect uk number not in use sent e-mail on day replied day after stay room was confirmed. have contacted credit card company this company are fraudsters, Hotel in London said not this company again!!! but still trade with them

• Mi
        minster220775 Aug 05, 2009

Hi

I booked my reservation with Hotelcollect.com to stay at a hotel in London for the 27th-29th July 09, Hotel Collect's policy to cancel a reservation is if you gave them 7 days notice they can cancel the reservation and refund you the money back within 7 days.

I cancelled my reservation on the 18th July 2009 and called them and emailed them and I was promised the refund would happen. I have since emailed them constantly to ask where my refund is and got a rubbish excuse like they are still contacting their bank to process the refund. This is totally wrong as I have worked in a bank before and you send them an instruction to refund and it takes at least 5 days to refund not 20 days.

I believe this website is nothing but a scam to take your money do not use!!!

• Za
        zafeiris Jul 24, 2009

I booked two hotels via hotelcollect.com on 27/06/2009. For the first one in London (hotel Corus) I received an e-mail the day of my arrival (24/07/2009) that the reservation was cancelled. I talk to hotelcollect on the phone and they told me that the hotel was overbooked, they did their best to find me another one but didn't succeed. I contacted hotel Corus and I was told that they had vacancy and tha hotelcollect had contact them to cancel my reservation!
        I contacted the second hotel in Barcelone Spain and I was told that they had no reservation for 07/08/2009 and asked me to forward them the confirmation mail.
        I have asked hotelcollect a written report for the situation through their online form but haven't got an answer yet.
        I am afraid that hotelcollect is a fraud company. I shall inform you as soon as I have more information.

HotelCollect.comno hotel reservation

I have booked through the hotelcollect.com site for my holidays in August. They sent me a voucher and credited my card. But the hotel was never informed and in my contact direct with the hotel they said not only they do not have any reservation from any such or other provider/travel agent for my stay/dates, but on top they have no vacancy for August now!
      Calling back the customer service in a turkish number I was given [protected], as the UK phone number on their site does not answer) they refused to give me any travel agent name under which the reservation was made. They advised me to cancel the reservation and told me I will be refunded the amount in 7 days.

Has anyone been refunded by hotelcollect.com?

Profesional fraud

driss Feb 08, 2010

Here's qu'hotelcollect made me and my reaction.
          In September 2009, I searched sites specializing on hotels in Morocco. You're viewing. I've never heard of you. But given the range of hotels that you have suggested, I decided to encourage you and trust you. So I responded to your proposals and you had given the two reservations: - 3 nights in Marrakech - 2 nights in Casablanca You have paid cash for my credit card, I quickly noticed that you're more HOTEL4U you send me a voucher bearing the letterhead HOTEL COLLECT me stating that the recipient of the cash was called: konuk bilgisayar turizm - istanbul. Three names, no additional address. This fact intrigued me and I began to have doubts. But I thought he must still trust the operator to three names. Finally, a few weeks after the cash, you asked the hotels concerned to cancel my reservations. Unknowingly, I arrived at the two hotels that show me your reservations canceled my paid and collected by you. I have immediately contacted by email unanswered. In the phone number you sent me, you do not answer. I conclude that you have cheated and stole. This is pure dishonesty. You're just thieves. Associations, organizations that handle credit cards, holiday operators and hoteliers should you cancel and you leave the systems on which you operate your scams. As for me, I'm not going to let go, I will file a complaint against you as well in Great Britain in Turkey. Whatever the cost, I will not stop following you. You are disgrace to your beautiful country with great history and magnificent sights. You do not deserve to wear the Turkish nationality that you disgrace. You're as highwaymen. You will not get very far. Minable.

driss Feb 08, 2010

Voici ce qu'hotelcollect m'ont fait et ma réaction.
          Au mois de septembre 2009, j'ai cherché des sites spécialisés sur l'hôtellerie au Maroc. Vous vous êtes affichés. Je n'ai jamais entendu parler de vous. Mais, vu la gamme d'hôtels que vous m'avez proposé, j'ai décidé de vous encourager et de vous faire confiance. J'ai donc répondu à vos propositions et vous avait confié les deux réservations suivantes : - 3 nuits à Marrakech, - 2 nuits à Casablanca Vous ayant payé cash par ma carte de crédit, j'ai vite constaté que vous n'êtes plus HOTEL4U, vous m'envoyez un voucher portant l'entête HOTEL COLLECT en me précisant que le bénéficiaire des encaissements portait le nom de : konuk turizm bilgisayar - istanbul . Trois noms, de surcroît sans aucune adresse. Cet état de fait m'a intrigué et j'ai commencé à avoir des doutes. Mais je me suis dit qu'il faut encore faire confiance à cet opérateur aux trois noms. Finalement, quelques semaines après les encaissements, vous avez demandé aux hôtels concernés d'annuler mes réservations. Sans le savoir, je débarque aux deux hôtels qui me montrent vos annulations de mes réservations payées et encaissées par vous. Je vous ai immédiatement contacté par mails sans réponses. Au numéro du téléphone que vous m'avez communiqué, vous ne répondez pas. Je conclus que vous m'avez escroqué et volé. C'est la malhonnêteté pure. Vous n'êtes que des voleurs. Les associations, les organisations qui gèrent les cartes de crédit, les opérateurs de vacances et les hôteliers doivent vous révoquer et vous sortir des systèmes sur lesquels vous opérez vos escroqueries. Quant à moi, je ne vais pas vous lâcher, je vais porter plainte contre vous aussi bien en Grande Bretagne qu'en Turquie. Quel que soit le coût, je ne m'arrêterai pas de vous suivre. Vous faites honte à votre très beau pays à la grande histoire et aux grandioses sites touristiques. Vous ne méritez pas de portez la nationalité turque que vous déshonorez. Vous n'êtes que des voleurs de grand chemin. Vous n'irez pas très loin. MINABLES.

• Mi
          minster220775 Aug 05, 2009

Hi

Just posted a comment but basically I cancelled my reservation on the 18th July 09 and still not been refunded til now which is longer than 7 days they have kept on saying its a problem with their bank but I think it is just a scam.

Don't think we will see our money again!

HotelCollect.comnot booking hotel

I too have also booked a hotel in Tenerife through Hotelcollect.com. The money was debited from my account immediately. I recd a hotel voucher by email. However, when I phoned the hotel to confirm 8 days later, they had no record of any booking. I faxed and emailed the 'voucher' to them - they had never seen one like it before and had never dealt with Hotelcollect.com. They said there was no reservation for me.
        I have emailed Pinar Askoy General Manager of Hotelcollect.com on numerous occasions asking him to make contact with the hotel and confirm my booking - he just replies 'Your reservation is confirmed', although patently it is NOT as hotel have no record whatsoever of it.
        I phoned their number and got a call-centre in Istanbul, who just said my booking 'was with the provider'.
        I am extremely concerned at this stage.

• Ea
            Eastcoaster012 Jun 15, 2016

This company is a SCAM - USE THEM AT YOUR PERIL!!
            Check out www.tripadvisor.com 17 pages of complaints.

I booked in May for 9 days over Christmas at Hua Hin, arrived at the Hotel who said the booking was cancelled in Oct, so I had to pay again. The UK customer help line numbers don't work so I contacted them through livechat on their website they wouldn't reinstate booking and said they would credit my account in 7 days, which they didn't. Pinar Aksoy is a liar because he doesn't answer e.mails as he says, he only responds to postings on complaints. I took a screenshot of the dialogue on the livechat so I had a record of them stating they would refund and got my money back from the Credit card co in 7 days.

• Em
            EMCF Oct 13, 2009

I booked a room from hotelcollect and received the voucher okey. But the nasty surprise came, when I arrived at the hotel in Zurich, the room had been cancelled and no notice to me. So I got to spend the first days of my holiday sorting out my accommodation and trying to contact hotelcollect to find out why this happened.

I was promised a quick refund and haven even been told that the money should already have arrived to me, but still now 1, 5 months later I am waiting for a refund. I only get the same excuses, that we will contact our bank and come back to you...

As said here avoid using this company they will only take your money and give a lot of grief!

• Pu
            purplerain77 Sep 28, 2009

Hotelcollect should be avoided AT ALL COSTS.

We had to hassle them for 2 months to receive our vouchers; my credit card had of course been debited immediatley.

They cancelled our rooms twice; the second time the didn't even bother to email us. I found out by contacting the hotel and asking for a booking confirmation. They told me the room had been cancelled. 2 days before our arrival!

Hotelcollect are liars and thieves : they owe me money and i got my credit card company on their backs as well as my lawyer.

NEVER BOOK THROUGH HOTELCOLLECT.COM

and

DON'T BELIEVE A WORD PINAR ASKOY TELLS YOU. it's all lies lies lies ...

• Yu
            yula Jul 24, 2009

I also have made a reservation for a hotel in Canaries with Hotelcollect in the middle of June. On their website they tell that you will receive an electronic voucher 5 minutes after the reservation. I nave NEVER received one. But they indeed have taken the money from my credit card almost immediately.
            The next day I have called the hotel I have choose to be sure they have received a reservation from the Hotelcollect, and at the hotel they have never heard about this society. After many unsuccessful attempts to reach the Hotelcollect phone number in UK (the one in USA was out of service) I have written an e-mail… no reply!
            To make it shorter, let say that after many phone exchanges with the reservation desk in the hotel an some e-mails to Hotelcollect I have finally received a confirmation for my reservation from their manager Mr. Pinar (but without any mention of dates and price), and two days (!) before my departure the hotel also confirmed the have reservation on my name.
            But, once arrived to the hotel, a new bad surprise – they have received a reservation from Hotelcollect only for 4 nights, and I have reserved and paid 7 !!!
            Finally, after many hours spent on my holiday time to solve this with the hotel reception, we found an arrangement.
            So, I do not know if the Hotelcollect is a crapulous society, or if they are only very, very bad organized, but for my part I will never reserve with them again!

• P0
            P0intman Jul 23, 2009

I booked my hotel room in Macau through HotelCollect.com back in July 2nd, 2009. Booking was from July 24 to 27. I received an email notification on the 23rd that my reservation was cancelled because they were notified by the hotel that it was overbooked. So, I called the hotel reservation just to confirm if they have any record of my reservation from HotelCollect but none was found. What was so surprising was that I was able to book directly to same hotel for a room without any problems, hassles or whatever. So what are they talking about a receivng a notification that this hotel was overbooked? I was also informed by HotelCollect's customer service that it will take 7 business days for their bank to process my refund. This site is based at Istanbul, Turkey as it was registered in my credit card statement. It is now clear to me that there was no reservation made at my selected hotel. They collected my 3-day hotel fee from July 2nd and still using my money until I received credit back into my credit card account. I do believe that it is a scam so be very careful when dealing with this company HotelCollect.com.

Book your room directly with the hotel reservation!

• Sh
            sheff Jul 08, 2009

Definately a scam.
            They are yet to refund me £250 that they were supposed to and they are uncontactable!!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

• Ra
            ramones Jul 01, 2009

this company is a scam ! it happen to me as well-the same ###.don't use it if you don't want to loose your money

HotelCollect.comreceived call today

Hi Law 1972 Just to say I got a call from Hotelcollect.com today and they confirmed my booking by phone, still no e-mail confirmation not even in spam. will keep you posted cheers.

Do not use Hotelcollect.com
              Tried phoning hotelcollect uk number not in use sent e-mail on day replied day after stay room was confirmed. Have contacted credit card company this company are fraudsters, Hotel in London said not this company again!!! but still trade with them

• Ya
              YannickRO Jul 02, 2009

I have made a reservation with this site at the begining of june. I have received an email with the voucher. After few days I have confirmed the reservation with the hotel and it was ok. I can not tell you for sure that will be ok because I have the entry date strating with 11 july but again i have called the hotel and the reservation WAS OK.
              Maybe someone who used this site and acualy went to the hotel can tell us if she/he had any problems.

• Ho
              Hotelcollect.com Jun 26, 2009

Hi, my name is Pinar and I am the General Manager of Hotelcollect.com When the customer make reservation on the system confrimations are sent automatically by the system ..However if the customer contact with us by the e-mails we reply all e-mails right now. Maybe you should check your junk e-mail box. thank you.

HotelCollect.com — is this a safe site???

I made booking with hotelcollect.com on thursday 18th June 2009. It took my booking and credit card detail...