Hostway Complaints & Reviews

HostwayDon't do business with them

I received my first invoice from Hostway on September 8, 2010 for $33.01. I wrote Hostway a check in a reasonable amount of time as I have always done for many, many years. I cut the check on September 16, 2010 and mailed it the next day. I typically sit down and cut checks twice a month. Once at the beginning of the month and once in the middle of the month.

Just 2 days after on the 18th, I receive an insulting and threatening email from Hostway, stating my account is past due, requesting the payment immediately and threatening to interrupt my services. How rude and unprofessional.

I replied to that email stating my account was not past due and that I had put a check in the mail and they needed to allow enough time for it to be delivered. It was at that time I notified them that I would be filing a BBB complaint for their improper and unprofessional billing practices.

Four days after that on September 22, I received an even more insulting, threatening and unprofessional email in red type stating - "Please pay your past due balance of $ 33.01 immediately or your account will be suspended. An account suspension will interrupt your service and make your Web site unavailable to the internet community."

This was the last straw with this rude company and it reminded me that I had to file this complaint. I have not and will not, ever except this type of behavior from a vendor. This is a reminder of who they work for. They work for the customer and must treat and will treat the customer professionally and with the utmost respect; with a sense of thanks and gratitude for their patronage. And if Hostway finds it impossible to comply, then they must be penalized for their violations.

I always pay my bills on time. Vendors line up for the chance to do business with me and my 4 companies; and they treat me with the respect a successful businessman is due. That is the only acceptable "due" in my life; and it has nothing to do with the "past".

This is the timeline:

Hostway deposited check 9/30/10

Threatening past due notice - 9/30/10

Threatening suspension past due notice - 10/03/10

Another Hostway invoice sent (1:38am)- 10/08/10

NOTICE OF SUSPENSION and threatening to close my account "This is your eighth notice of your past due balance" (5:58pm)- 10/08/10

Another Hostway invoice sent (8:10pm)- 10/08/10

My email reply to the continued and relentless Hostway harassment - "Go f*ck yourself" - 10/08/10

Hostway advised me "that any further abusive language will not be tolerated." - 10/11/10

My reply "...and i would like to advise you that you cashed my check weeks ago; and it is you who are abusive." I attached the canceled check - 10/11/10

10/23/10 I received this email after paying my invoice in full more than one month ago and Hostway depositing my check more than 3 weeks ago:

"This is your final notice of your past due balance before we officially close your account. Your account is currently suspended."

This is as abusive as any hitting, punching, kicking, gay bashing, racial slurs, and any other form of verbal and physical abuse. Hostway is the worst internet hosting company anywhere.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

2 Responses
    • Af
      Aflenok Aug 10, 2010

I have Bought a Maaza drink from a hotel in kandivali west.The soft drink was manufactured of may 2009 but was giving very bad odor & taste which made us trouble.

We are having the sample of soft drink & bill as well.

• In
      inneedofbetterservice Jan 25, 2010

Hostway has not completed my web design. I hired them to create my website in 2006. Every time I try to contact my web designer i get no response. I paid them in advance and now I'm stuck with a useless website. My advice look somewhere else. Good luck.

HostwayPoor and Incompetent Tech Support

We are GOLD members for over six years with telephone support for both web hosting and Miclrosoft exchange server. Half the time we call they claim we are not customers. Usually takes about half an hour for them to realize that we are. But that does no good because their technical support team consists of a bunch of incompetent liars. After five years with no problem our simple web form started returning an error message when our customers used it. After insisting it must be my problem (an incorrect form) they finally looked at the original posting date and realized that it was over five years ago. It took 3 days for the problem to be fixed after the promise of an "escalated" 24-hour response. Happened again a month later. Same 3 day resolution after 24-hour "escalation" promise (they clearly had notes on the problem from the last time. Happened again the next month. This time it took 5 days to fix when they emailed me that they would migrate servers if it happened again. I immediately called and asked to migrate right away if that was the best fix. They refused saying they had done things to assure that it would work on its current server location. A few weeks later the problem recurred on Septmeber 2 and they swore it would be repaired via server migration within 24-hours. We have called daily, talked to supervisors and been repeatedly assured that it was beein done as we spoke with the expectation of completinon within a couple of hours. I am writhing this on Septmeber 6 because the form still does not work and I have heard nothing from Hostway. We will be changing hosting services next week. I will fill out every online complaint form I can find because I promised them I would trash them to the ends of cyberspace if they did not fix it as promised.

3 Responses
      • Ho
        hostway crap Jul 18, 2010

Hostway have destroyed all 3 of our businesses - they failed to back up our shopping carts and some twit in the company has caused dual disk failure on the server. They tried to get back the lost data by sending the disks to a data retrieval company but it was not possible.
        2 of our shopping carts are totally destroyed - we no longer have them - months and months of hard work gone. Our main store online for 6 years with successful sales - they lost 5 months of data and have had to put an old edition from months go back online - and have not configured it properly.
        We are now going to take legal action against Hostway for failing to back up our businesses and for months of work lost.
        Never go with Hostway - you will regret it big time one day. Totally incapable of providing good hosting and ecommerce service.

• Sr
        SrGareth Oct 12, 2009

Hostway is one of the most dishonest companies I've worked w/ in a 27 yr career. They laugh when you try to escalate anything to a supervisor as they are liars as well. This company reminds me of the con sweat shops set up to sell little ole ladies vitamins, and once they have your cc# they charge for all kinds of BS.

I got so fed up w/ their incompetent hosting I called up tech support to cancel as there site control deliberately hides how to cancel from you. When you finally figure it out, the site tells you, you are canceling your domain, NOT Hosting!! Who would want that!? When you call tech support they tell you they will cancel for you... then they never do, and don't doc your call. I only caught onto this after I let my CC# expire and they started sending me past due invoices for 2 yrs of hosting I never used!

Basically this twit of a supervisor was laughing at me as if I was some dumb [email protected]*t, saying I had to pay $225.00 for past hosting I NEVER USED, just to get my domain renewed. BEWARE, do NOT use HOSTWAY for anything and I will be transferring everything from this company and filing every complaint I can against them. This is a flat out gang of internet crooks, not a hosting company.

• Ho
        hostway crap Sep 28, 2009

I totally agree - with having been with hostway for 6 years and this August/Septmeber 2009 we have had nothing but consistent problems from them - our merchant manager shopping cart lying on the shared windows server has started to run at a slow pace sometimes taking up to 20 minutes just to load a single web page - the product section of admin our back office has now totaly gone down so we can do not work and the search box on our shopping cart is now also not working properly - customers are getting internal server errors when they type anything in - to top it all off our sitecontrol ecommerce section has been totally down for over 2 weeks.
        The worst part of all is that Hostway do not give a big bad S!!t. Numerous phone calls to tech and supervisors have solved nothing - they are a bunch of incompentent liars.
        They say they are working on getting issues fixed - you wait and wait and nothing happens - if you did not contact them you would never hear from them.
        They use multiple names when you contact them - you raely hear the same name twice. They have numerous supervisors who you can rarely get hold of - that's an amusing thing - a supervisor of a company like Hostway who refuses to speak to customers on the telephone - what kind of a shabby business is this - they used to be an okay company but now they really are laughable.

HostwayDisconnected me

I was with them for 3 years. I sent them a mail telling them I wanted to terminate my account and to let me know when the last day would be and they cut me off within the hour despite the fact I had paid for several more days. I was left without email or a web site for 48 hours while I frantically arranged swapping to another provider. Their billing department were responsible and offered no apology with pigeon english one line replies to my emails. I have two other friends with problems using them, I would never recommend them.

1 Response
        • Ir
          IR Nov 14, 2008

It's way worse now. Now they do not credit payments even when emailed bank statement verification, and further, then suspend your account, force you to *call in* (another nightmare of holding and holding and holding -- and you can only reach them during the day when you're working), then charge you for all the payments you've already made by making unauthorized charges on your credit card. In twenty minutes, they hit my card for over $300.00 while the supervisor of "Customer Service" was telling me my account was, indeed, paid in full (which it was) and I had a zero balance. My monthly bill was only $49.95, and I had only been "upgraded" to hostway from valueweb for four months. The math adds up to only one thing: Fraud.

Steer clear. Be warned. Listen to the voices of experience.