Honeymoon Hills Complaints & Reviews

Honeymoon HillsPlace was a dump!!

Welll where do I start went there for our honeymoon arrived to construction vechiles blocking the lane, then entering the cabin the door was old and loose could push it in if really wanted!! Entered the room and there were bugs all over the walls and flying around in the room!! Went out on the deck and it wobbled as you walked the hot tub was stained with tree sap and did not work!! Also room was very small not like pictures!! As we looked around my wife became very itchy as we unpacked!! Being the hot tub did not work we started to fill the heart shaped tub as we looked forward to our honeymoon in this nice cabin!! We ran out of hot water filling the heart shapped tub!! Then my lovely new wife showwed me here stomch as I seen a large bite on her stomch I called maintence for our hot water problem!! As I look around for a window open or where the bugs came from a seem fiberglass hanging out of the ceiling!! I decide to get myself and my new wife ready for another room or leaving as no one replied to our maintence issue we packed our things anf loaded our car waited little longer now!! No one replied as we were leaving the place a guy was riding a 4 wheeler I stopped him to ask what to do he explained no one would do anything untill morning!! So We left and stayed at he Ramada!! I called the Honeymoonhills the following moringing as they did not call me I was told abrubtly to get my money back for the Ramada and return to there Honeymoonhills right now!!! I refused and requested my money back, I was told no refunds!! and was hung up on !! I complained to the Chamber of Comerce of Gatlingburg with no satisfactipon eigther!! So Pigen Forge is the Place we stayed and was better than Gatlingburg!!

• Ho
    Honeymoon Hills Resort Nov 10, 2009

Clients were not happy with their cabin. They were convinced they had booked a large cabin with an upstairs. Photos on-line DO NOT show an upstairs, DO NOT feature a staircase in photos and does not advertise as a two story.

We felt as if they had perhaps looked at so many websites and different cabins they had become confused and booked the wrong property.

When they expressed they were not happy with the cabin, we offered a two bedroom cabin with an upstairs at no additional charge that would be available the following day. The clients declined our offer.

We host over 2, 000 couples per year and have never had a guest reserve one of the single level honeymoon cabins thinking it was a large two story cabin.

My advise to anyone with internet access is to READ the description and REVIEW the photos before reserving! The descriptions and photos are featured on-line for this reason!

If they are still uncertain if a property is a one or two story, or have no internet access, ask the person making the reservation if it's a two story or single story. If the property advertises a single level and doesn't show photos or describe a two story property, it is most likely NOT a two story property!

• Ro
    Roscoe Caddell Aug 24, 2015

We just stayed at serenity cabin it was very rundown hot tub didn't bubble was told that was all it would do by hot tub cleaner person bulb out over sink cobwebs everywhere very musty smell when we first opened the door. The couch was not leather as shown in the picture's but some old fabric couch that was too low to the floor. Also they had repaired the floor but left a big hump in it that we tripped over several times everything was very cheap. It did have a nice view of the mountains. We were there 8-17-15 to 8-21-15.

Honeymoon HillsNo Hot Water and NO REFUND

My husband and I got married and stayed at Honeymoon Hills 3 years ago. We returned for our anniversary and we had no hot water. They came to fix it the next morning. Worked long enough to wash dishes. They actually did try to resolve the problem but the water heater blew out 3 days in a row. They said they were fully booked and could not move us to another cabin. Sooo, We just left and drove around until we found a cabin. It was cheaper and 1000 times nicer. I am still waiting on a refund for 2 nights that was prepaid. I found out that that the owners and phone lines go to Middleton TN. They are not even in Gatlinburg. I went to the office about 10 times and no one there. If you want personal service and a beautiful cabin go somewhere esle!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices