HOMEPLAY-V Complaints & Reviews

HOMEPLAY-VI was debited without authorization

These people just overdrafted my debit card by charging me $19.95 for something that I did not order. I don't even know who these people are. I am on social security and on a very tight budget. I need my money back. It's only the 7th of March and now I have absolutely no money to tide me over for the rest of the month. Is there anything I can do? The only way I can figure, is that they got my card number off the internet. That is how I pay my bills. This has to stop.

HOMEPLAY-Vunauthorized debit card withdrawls

I called the numbers listed in the complaints and got a customer service rep named Whitney. She asked me my last name and I asked what her last name was. She then asked for the mailing address and I told her that I wasn't giving that information yet because I feel like I may be getting scammed. I got her last name and then gave her mine. She didn't need my address after all. She told me that the order was canceled and there wouldn't be any further charges to my debit card. I told her that she's damn right, that in 10 business days my debit card will be canceled and a new one issued. I told her that I want the $19.95 credited to my account and she said it would be within 3-5 business days and gave me the confirmation code. I hope this is the last I hear from them, but I do know that I don't do much online shopping and it is almost always through paypal and feel very comfortable with paypal. Someone out there is selling our private information and I'm sure it is to line their pockets. Either we need to put a stop to it or we need to start selling company information just to line our own pockets.

• Ge
    George H Fryberger May 05, 2008

never ordered anything from them and cannot get charges off my checking account

• Du
    DuhJohn Dec 04, 2016

Your bank or Credit Union should have a fraud department. Work with them and they should take the charges off your account.

HOMEPLAY-VCharging me monthly for nothing

This company has charged me $16.95 per month from February through October. Scary part is, they are charging me either from my debit card or checking account. I don't know who they are or what they sell. I have called twice and the people who answer the phone don't or won't give out any details. They mailed me a refund form, but how did this happen in the first place ??

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices