Homeannex.com Complaints & Reviews

Homeannex.comSTEER CLEAR: HomeAnnex is terrible

sarah64 Jun 22, 2009

Can we all get together and take action against this bunch of crooks?

Homeannex.comSTAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

Home Annex.com is as bad as all the previous people have posted. Placed an order and haven't received it for over a month and yet my credit card statement shows they charged my account. They have poor customer service, or should I say non-exsistent customer service. Emails take several days to get a response, if any. There are bsolete phone numbers listed on the website. When you are able to reach them all you get is the same recorded message for every option you choose. The message tells you to contact them via email (which generally goes unanswered) or to check your order status online. Online order tracking amounts to telling you the date that you ordered and that you paid. Yes, they charge your credit card before even shipping the merchandise!!!
I emailed several times asking where my order was before someone finally responded by saying that my order would be shipped in 48 hours and take a week to arrive. The week has past and still no shipment.
I called. After getting the run around with dead end recordings, the only way I reached a real person was by choosing the SALES option on their phone menu.
The real person then can't tell you if the manufacturer has shipped your order and is "unable to reach them by phone right now" to check on the order. They promise to check and get back to you and then never do so. I called again using the SALES option to reach someone and got the same answer. They never called me back.
I finally called again. I asked again about my order status and when they gave the same answer that they would need to call the warehouse from where it was to be shipped and get back to me I demanded to be given the name and phone number of the warehouse. They told me the name but would not give the phone number. I insisted they give it to me so I could call to check on the order myself. I was told that a manager needed to be contacted before giving the number.
When they came back the story was that it wasn't the warehouse but the manufacturer Amerock who was causing the delay.
I then told them to cancel my order. I asked if there were anymore charges and told them I wouldn't pay any restocking fees.
They told me, "no, no restocking fee since I hadn't received the merchandise." I asked again and they said, "no, there will be no more fees of any kind to cancel your order."
I'm still waiting to see the credit to my charge account.

• Ev
    evenmax May 07, 2009

THese people are ripping me off, too! They took my money, and there is no sign of the product for 3 weeks now. Customer service does not respond to repeated emails. I called the sales number and they tell me that they have no information on orders, OR they hang up on me. Now the toll-free number on their website is DISCONNECTED. I am immediately calling my credit card and disputing the charges. I truly believe that HomeAnnex.com is taking money with no intention of fulfilling orders.

• Di
    Diane May 11, 2009

I had exactly the same problem. I ordered something and never received it! After reading all these sites about how this web site is a scam. I CANCELLED MY ORDER THROUGH VISA!

Call your credit card and tell them this is a scam. There is no customer service and they need to be shut down. My credit card company credited me $35 the day I called to complain. They told home annex unless they can show proof they sent me the product, they will not get any money.

It was over a month and that was enough for me to decide something is fishy

Jakub Roth May 21, 2009

Had the same experience as posters above. No customer service, they charge and then never ship.

• Mk
    mkubat May 26, 2009

I am having the same problem. Homeannex billed me on 3/25/09 for my hardware and I still don't have my product 5/26/09. No one answers the customer service line or responds to my daily email messages. I just called the credit card company to complain. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I had a similar problem with them last year and should have learned my lesson!

Homeannex.comBait & Switch

31 March 2009
Dear Home Annex Customer Service,
In the course of building a new home, we have ordered several times from Home Annex. The service has generally been good. However, we have experienced circumstances with the captioned order that border on the unbelievable!
On February 7 2009 order DHD-753668 was confirmed for:
40 BP53470-3 Amerock scroll pulls @ $2.14 each
12 Hickory Hardware P2282-SN pulls @ $4.52 each
4 Hickory Hardware P2281-SN pulls @ $3.19 each
We received the Amerock scroll pulls within 10 days. We heard nothing with respect to the Hickory Hardware items, and when I began enquiries, I was told on successive occasions:
ENQUIRY RESPONSE
1 “Belwith-Keeler should have advised us that the items would be back-ordered; they didn’t. They are now on two-week backorder.”
2 “The items will be shipped next week.” (4 weeks ago)
3 (today) “The items are not available from the original supplier; but we can re-order them for you at extra cost! You should have received an email on 15th March telling you this.” [I didn’t!!]

It seems to me that it is illegal to advertise a product for a specific price, take someone’s money as payment for that product, then tell them, “Oops! You have to pay more money for this product if you expect to receive it.”
In any event, please consider this a confirmation of my verbal instruction this morning to cancel this order with respect to the Hickory Hardware items. Also, please consider this a demand for refund of my money in the amount of $74.75 (I am asking for return of the $7.95 ‘processing fee’ since technically, you did not ‘process’ my order.
I note that the Hickory Hardware website is advertising these items for a few cents more ($0.15 and $0.22 respectively) than the price you advertised and I accepted. So for the princely sum of $3.24 from an order totaling $160.55 (that 2%) you held up my order for over six weeks and failed to timely notify me of what your problems were. Obviously, you don’t think much of your customers, and I now hold a similar opinion of you.
C C Stewart
Spring, TX

• Sc
    Scott-complaints Apr 24, 2009

If you paid by Credit Card or Paypal, dispute the charges and file a complaint with the Kings County District Attorney's Office, http://www.brooklynda.org/da_action/da_action.htm.
    Homeannex's parent company is Decorative Hardware Direct Corp. and that's the name you should give to the DA.
    According to NYS Department of State, Division of Corporations department, http://appsext8.dos.state.ny.us/corp_public/corpsearch.entity_search_entry, DHD corps address is 1080 MCDONALD AVENUE
    BROOKLYN, NEW YORK, 11230.
    Please keep us posted on any future developments.

• Cu
    Cut Your Losses & Move On Oct 03, 2009

We too have a major complaint with this company, but after about 8 months of their false promises in crediting our account/credit card, regarding the returned merchandise, we literally gave up on them. At some point I got tired of being so angry and trying to resolve the situation. We had done everything as they suggested--got their Return Authorization Number, sent the package back, but never never never received credit. Even after several emails I sent them and phone calls answered and unanswered, the $100 credit never came. We just decided to cut our losses and move on. Anytime, however the subject of ordering online comes up in any conversation we have, we ALWAYS tell people to stay away from Home Annex! They are truly a ripoff company and they are the reason ordering online can become anyone's nightmare. Again--stay away from this terrible company. Not worth it.

Homeannex.comFailure to refund money

I've been waiting over two months for HomeAnnex.com to refund in excess of $500 for an order that I cancelled before delivery.

• Ke
    Ken Jan 16, 2009

• Sc
    Scott-complaints Apr 24, 2009

BROOKLYN, NEW YORK, 11230.
    Please keep us posted on any future developments.

Homeannex.com — Terrible Service

Home Annex is a terrible company to do business with. I placed an order for an in-stock sink in December. By...

Homeannex.comHorrible service!

I purchased an item and when I received it, it was the wrong item. It was listed incorrectly on their web site (and still is!).
I requested an RMA the same via their web site. After more than a month, I still do not have the RMA. They are blaming the manufacturer because Home Annex uses drop-shipping, so only the manufacturer can take something back. This is [censored]. They are just incompetent and slow. Plus, if I ever get the RMA, they tell me it'll still take almost a month to get credit.
This company stinks.

DON'T USE THEM.

• Ca
    carl arnold Jan 30, 2008

i ordered a item 2 months ago they no longer carry but was still advertised. they billed my credit card and still 2 months latter they havent credited my card back. loads of calls and hours of time trying toget my money back. they seem to have a lot of incompetant people employed. save yourself a lot of hassle and time shop elsewhere.

• Su
    Susan Bull Apr 24, 2008

Home Annex is one of the worst companies that I have ever dealt with. I totally agree with your complaint, but our situation has taken over a year to resolve. And still we have only been partically credited. Bertie in returns is unreachable and even a liar. She told me an item was no longer made, and when I called the manufacturer they told me that that was not true. They still make the item... Pass the word on - Buyer Beware of Home Annex

John Sbarbaro May 06, 2008

This Compnay is corrupt. Charged credit Card 1/11/08. Never delivered product. Never responded to e-mail. Placed on hold everytime called. Cancelled Order on 4/22/08 and then Company Ships Fed Ex on 5/2/08. AVOID THIS COMPANY OR YOU WILL SPEND COUTLESS HOURS TRYING TO RECOVER YOUR MONEY.

• St
    Steven G Jul 04, 2009

I also purchased 32 kitchen door handles 3/7/2009 . I even called the manufacture and i was told they would not sell to HOMANNEX.COM because they failed to pay their bills. After repeated calls to a Mr Slomie he said my goggle checkout account would be credited, which it never was. Now you can't reach the company by phone.

• Fa
    fay2 Jun 03, 2016

I have two ongoing disputes with HomeAnnex.com. They shipped a product I cancelled after I was told it had to be backordered and wouldn't be available for a few weeks. On top of that, the product that arrived was defective! I tried to contact their customer service countless times through phone calls and emails, but almost no one picks up the phone nor returns an email. Naturally, the issue hasn't been resolved for more than 6 months. Another dispute is for a backordered product: everytime I called for an inquiry, I was told that the item would be shipped in a few days - I set the order back in Feb, now it's June! I've never had such a bad service from anyone.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices