Home Direct USA Complaints & Reviews

Home Direct USADelivery issues, Lost Products 2x

I ordered the Comfort Revolution Bliss Queen mattress on 11/20/12 from Costco.com. Costco's vendor, Comfort Revolution, uses Home Direct USA to provide "White Gloves" delivery service. Home Direct is the most incompetent business in the US. They were supposed to transport a 110 lbs. mattress to a local delivery company, Bekins Moving Solution, who then deliver the mattress to me. Bekins called me to arrange delivery. The day before the delivery, Bekins called me again to inform me that Home Direct USA has not delivered the mattress to Bekins. Bekins did not know what happened to the mattress. I contacted Costco's customer service, who contacted Comfort Revolution and Home Direct USA. They found out that Home Direct lost the mattress. How do you lose a 110 mattress?

Costco arranged for Comfort Revolution to ship another replacement mattress, again using Home Direct USA. Home Direct's tracking website said the mattress was picked up on 12/10/12 and delivery by 12/19/12. They have not delivered the mattress, and there is no other status. I called Home Direct 800 # for tracking, and it said that both mattresses have not been picked up. This is in total conflict with their tracking website. I contacted Home Direct customer service and was on-hold for 1 hr. with no live person answering. I called the local delivery company, Bekins, who told me that they expected a mattress to be delivered to Bekins on 12/14/12, so they could make the local delivery to me. However, Home Direct did not deliver the mattress to Bekin AGAIN.

Please note that many furniture products on Costco.com's website are sold by Costco's vendors, not Costco. I asked Costco's customer service why Costco is using Home Direct USA, when Home Direct is well-known for its incompetency in regards to losing products and missing delivery dates. Costco replied that the shipping/delivery company is chosen by Costco's vendors. A search using Google reveals that many of Costco’s "white gloves" delivery products are shipped by Home Direct USA. Google Home Direct reviews. Most of the negative reviews are true. If you order an item that states "white glove delivery", make sure to check to see who is shipping the product. If it's Home Direct USA, don't waste your time.

• Ni
      Nisha81 Jun 23, 2014

Correction: The company I am complaining about is Home Direct USA in Illinois.

• Ni
      Nisha81 Jun 23, 2014

Worse customer service! You can never reach home shipment, Heather or anyone else that can help. I ordered 2 different furnitures from 2 different companies. Both never arrived, and after weeks of trying to reach the terminal depot in central illinois, I had to just cancel my orders from Target and Hayneedle. These companies need to be aware of Home Direct Illinois poor service.

Home Direct USA — Delivery and Customer Service Problems

I ordered a dresser on 10/26/11 and was told to allow 7 - 10 business days for me to get it. I was in contact...