Grupo Mayan Complaints & Reviews

Grupo Mayanms. rose says time to go to administration at mayan - been there, done it, no success to date

Ms. Rose,

I have been dealing with Ingrid Ernst from the Grupo Mayan since the early part of last year. It has not led to anything yet. I have engaged Mr. Stephen Boyd, the escrow/lawyer to achieve a compromise, but to no avail. It is complete and utter RUBBISH to say that now I should approach the Administration of the Grupo Mayan. I have not been doing anything else for the last three years bar one month!!! And it has not been successful. The Grupo Mayan are clearly stalling, dragging their feet, and unwilling to pay back the money under this pretext or another. THAT IS WHY WE ARE NOW ON THE INTERNET. SO IF YOU WISH TO PAY BACK THE MONEY, SIMPLY DO SO, MS. ROSE AND LET OUR READERS SEE THAT FINALLY THE GRUPO MAYAN HAVE PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR MOUTH IS.

The signing of the settlement comes after the receipt of the money. And this is a promise which was made by me so many times on the internet and in those dozens of emails which have been toing and froing between us from last year to date.

With all the good will in the world nothing has been achieved so far. Now is the time to act and show that you are serious and no longer interested to renege anymore. It is "as simple as pie".

• Vida Vacations Mar 08, 2011

Dear Readers,

True to our commitment to Customer Care and in an attempt to resolve Ms. Christopher’s situation in good faith; we contacted her and offered a resolution. Verbally, she had agreed to stop posting during our negotiations and accepted them without hesitation.

Needless to say, she has made it clear it is not in her interest to cooperate in resolving this matter at all as she continues to post compulsively. We cannot negotiate in this manner. We have principles and our integrity is being compromised.

We host thousands of satisfied guests every week and we measure the caliber of our quality through several mediums in an attempt to improve on a daily basis. In fact, the company employs and trains thousands of individuals that work hard day and night to satisfy each and every guest and her bogus accusations without support are unacceptable. We have received many certifications that prove her accusations are completely untruthful.

Therefore, as we had said before, we will not continue entertaining libel online and Ms. Christopher has our contact information if she would like to cooperate in the way we had offered to resolve this matter. We will no longer continue any communications with her if we are not contacted through the proper channels. Our email is [email protected] and our telephone number is 1-800-292-9446, from the UK you can reach us at 0-800-096-9367.

Hopefully one day, she will understand that our intentions are honest and she will let us complete our negotiations.

Thank you for your time and understanding in this matter. We are truly sorry she is not letting us help her.

Britt334 Aug 14, 2013

It is the same old story with the a Mayan Palace timeshare resorts (owner David Chavez) who does not care about what fraud he perpetrates on timeshare buyers. The same old adage applies, with regard to rental fees applicable, etc. It is fraud and there is right of rescission in Mexico no matter what program you buy, no matter what the horror show salespeople tell you. Heve not met one semi-honest one representing the mayan chain yet. Yes, we got scammed and bought, never again. These are the worst operators in the business. The name of the programs, Mayan Regency, The Dream, Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan, Bliss, Grupo Luxxe change with regard to what they wish to charge. The upshot is if you are down the line in their program name game list you lose benefits. The tiger does not change its stripes. Beware. This is a good article about Mayan Palace:

Grupo MayanMAYAN NOT KOSHER COMPANY, ADVISED BY TIMESHARE CONSUMER ASSOCIATION, U.K.

I was looking at the various websites with a view to finding out about the Mayan. This company is absolute rubbish. My husband and I signed up a few years ago in Mexico, Cancun whilst on our annual holiday. The lies and pressure that we were under to sign the contract for a studio was horrendous. I quickly had a brainwave and we called the Timeshare Consumer's Association in the U.K. Thank goodness that we got the right advice from Mr. Sandy Grey, a really wonderful advisor. It is a good thing that we telephoned his office, as we were not sure what to do. We were told by him to cancel immediately. With great difficulty but with my husband's persistence and insistence that we be released from the contract we managed to get out of it. We did it almost immediately after signing that dreaded contract. It was only after all that hype of sales lies that I realised that the whole thing was not a good idea. Maintenance fees are always crawling upwards. We were very lucky to have such a speedy and narrow escape. Although we had to threaten in the end that we would take legal action in Mexico if they did not let us cancel, rescind, get out of the "deal". We were told that these people are not recommended by the BBB and Mr. Grey was adamant that we were conned. The company simply has no credibility in the U.S. or elsewhere. Obtaining money through deception is the name of the game with them. I am relieved that we were able to convince them that the whole thing for us was a "no go area" and that we were not going to take no for an answer. It worked. Although I did speak with the credit card company as well to make sure that no money was going to be paid to them.

When I saw all the hassle that other people are having with that company I thought how lucky we were. But I do feel sorry for all those who have fallen into their clutches! It is not a pleasant experience and more people should complain and get together to expose all their lies and deceptive methods.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE FIGHTING FOR THEIR MONEY BACK FROM THE MAYAN!

• Vida Vacations Mar 02, 2011

Dear Readers and Ms. Vera Victoria Christopher,

We have been alerted about this misleading posting. Although, we are pleased there is history on this website to back-up this is not her original story.

For some unknown reason, she is creating a new one under false pretenses.

If Ms. Vera Victoria Christopher would like to resolve her issues with us, we invite her to reconsider our proposal and we will be more than pleased to deal with her through the proper channels.

If anyone else has any pending concerns with us or would like to provide us feedback, we have confidence they can continue this dialogue by contacting us at [email protected] or by telephone at 1-800-292-9446.

We are devoted to provide the most spectacular vacations on the best beach locations available in Mexico.

We truly appreciate your time.

• Ba
    BarbaraFletcher Aug 13, 2013

On every bad review there's a "Mayan Palace timeshare customer support representative" that apologizes. Shortly after the bad reviewer "rescinds any bad words" and all of their issues are magically resolved. So, are they paying people off to stop telling people how bad they are, and if that's the case wouldn't it make sense that they're paying people to write "good" reviews? This place is too sketchy-no matter how good the deal is. I'll stay away. I recommend you to read this article on how most of the Mayan Palace timeshare scams are being committed:

SammiF Jan 03, 2014

I was convinced by Mayan Palace timeshare sales people that an upgrade to my timeshare from Mayan Palace to Mayan Place Regency would make it easier to rent and more saleable. I entered into a contract for $6, 720.00 to complete this upgrade. I have since learned that this upgrade is doing nothing for me as I try to sell and rent the unit. The list of benefits is this:Elite Reservations rental program (which I had available before), RCI enhanced pkg, certificates for cruise and vacation discounts, 50% off golf green fees (previously it was 20%), no mandatory maintenance fees after 5 years if I don't use the property?? Lots of free extra benefits and vacation bonuses but nothing tangible. I owe a cash out of $4, 368.00. I wonder what the consideration of this contract is? I have all the paperwork and had to email the sales office to get a list of benefits I paid for. I recommend you to read this article about Mayan Palace:

Grupo MayanMISREPRESENTATION AND RENEGING ON PROMISE TO RETURN MONEY PLUS DRUGGING THE UNSUSPECTING TOURIST TO MAKE THEM AGREE TO TIMESHARE PURCHASE

Due to the fact that the Grupo Mayan write letters which are addressed to the "Readers of Complaints Board. Com" I feel it appropriate to let the readers see for themselves an email which was sent to Ms. Rose on the 21st Febrary, 2011 concerning the return of my money from them following the cancellation of my contract. A proper reply to this letter has not been received by me yet. The best reply, of course, would be to simply do as agreed and pay into my bank account what is owed, thereby almost closing the matter. I would then, as promised in writing, return the settlement signed, sealed and delivered. The matter would then be closed.

The letter to them dated the 21st February, 2011 reads as follows:

Dear Ms. Rose,

As mentioned earlier in my email and telephone conversation of yesterday I too wish to reach a settlement. But as you reneged on our previous agreement it is up to you to demonstrate that you are serious.

When my bank confirms that £4, 075 is in my account, then I shall cease all posts and will withdraw, where possible, all previous posts.

Until that point I shall continue and extend my posting.

My Bank details are as follows...

Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Vera V Christopher

P.S. Please communicate by email only from now on so as to avoid any misunderstanding at this crucial time.

VICTORIA VICTORIA VICTORIA Feb 27, 2011

Just a slight correction to my post, the sum owed is in £ (pounds) and it was meant to be written in US dollars only.

While I am online I would just like to add to my complaint online that the Grupo Mayan have persistently chosen not to email me direct and deal with this matter by paying what was agreed.

The telephone call that Ms. Rose refers to in her letter to me of three days ago via "The Readers" of the Complaints Board. Com was to propose that the G.M. pay only half of what is owed, then received the "settlement" from me and then pay the rest owed. But no one in his right mind signs a settlement when the matter has not been settled! This is a "barrel over which they will not put me over". The time has passed for me to be "put over a barrel", as they say in the U.K. thereby weakening my side of the bargain completely and leaving me exposed to be left with only half of my money returned.

I hope that the readers see my point and that they also see that the G.M. are deliberately seeking out "difficulties" to stall again and delay payment.

I have repeatedly said that this matter is a very simple one. The best way for the G.M. to proceed is to put their money where their mouth is, to pay into my bank account and duly received the settlement signed, sealed and delivered! By doing this they will make everyone sigh a huge sigh of relief, which we all deserve by now!!!

I HOPE THAT THE READERS SEE THE FOLLY IN DELAYING TO PAY AND THAT BY NOT KEEPING THEIR WORD THE G.M. ARE SHOWING THEMSELVES TO BE UNRELIABLE AND MANIPULATIVE.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

• Vida Vacations Feb 28, 2011

• Vanessa Moore May 16, 2013

I am going to make my point clear. Mayan Palace is a SCAM! I was in cancun in october and was lured into going to their 90min presentation for discount tickets on excursions. To make things short, let me summarize the horrible experience I had and having with the Mayan group. The things your representatives tell you are LIES! They will use all of the information they know about you to come up with lies to suit your needs. Fortunately enough, we didn't buy, but for those who did, I suggest you to read this article about the Mayan Palace timeshare sales tactics and how to get out of a scam:

• Ro
    RoseWaissbluth Oct 15, 2013

Unfortunately, the Mayan Palace timeshare sales in Mexico are in its majority a huge scam. The OPC, the one on the street inviting you makes $250-$350 per couple...so be sure he tells you any lie there is. Timeshare sales people are rotating from place to place and mostly alcoholics that look for their 8% comission. We were surprised how they work, like sharks, and some are really good showing numbers, benefits, etc...If i did not know, i probably would have bought. Be careful and NEVER make a decision the same day!! They love this, just tell them that you need to think about and they will throw in all they have..that is the sign that someting is not quite right... This is a good article about Mayan Palace:

Grupo MayanHAVE EVERY GOOD INTENTION TO SETTLE WITH THE ROYAL MAYAN BUT DO THEY? THEY HAVE TO PROVE IT AFTER RENEGING ON THE FIRST AGREEMENT.

I have every intention to settle with the Grupo Mayan. It should be clear as a bell that that is so as I have reneged on nothing. They reneged on our agreement last Christmas, a sensitive time for someone living in England. For us Christmas is a special time and we all like to spend this time in peace and with a feeling of well being. After having been let down by them last Christmas just before the festivities began was very unnerving and sad. It is a season of goodwill. And I was left high and dry having gone to the trouble of getting an escrow agent, lawyer, and paid him, to get my money back from the Grupo Mayan. It is up to the Grupo Mayan to PROVE THEIR SINCERITY AND SERIOUSNESS NOW.

I have written them these words and they have said that they are "transparent" and would not "play games". Their email used these very words. Therefore I expect them to do as agreed i.e. to pay the money owed in full with the escrow agent's fee and then without fail, as written on the internet and as promised by me I shall withdraw all posts written regarding this issue without fail. I have given my word publicaly and in private to the Grupo Mayan. I cannot do more. They have to prove that they are serious about their wish to settle properly. Falure to obliterate my comments from the internet defies logic when and as soon as I am notified by my bank that the money i.e £4, 075 has been paid in full. I hope that whoever has any common sense reading this post will understand that I am genuine and have been since 2008. I have made many efforts to "bend over backwards", as they say in the UK to show good will and to facilitate the return of the money owed to me by the Grupo Mayan. I have already obliterated all the previous statements and where did it lead? To being disappointed totally and left high and dry by them just before Christmas! No refund of money paid to them for cancelled contract after so much effort on my part. I cannot go through that again. It would be ludicrous. This time they have to prove that they are truly serious and want to settle the matter once and for all by "coming up with the goods!" and not trying to stall and renege on their promises! There will be no problem in signing any contract to declare that NO MORE statements against them will not be made in public. That goes without saying and is a foregone conclusion!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND TIME TO READ THESE POSTS.

• Vida Vacations Feb 23, 2011

Jane78 Jul 24, 2013

Many people have been scammed out of money for attending a Mayan Palace timeshare presentation, so it could have been worse. I've been to other legit timeshare presentations, but this one scarred me. DO NOT GO...and if you do, be prepared for some super hard selling. They will change people on you 5 times before you can claw your way out of there. I recommend you to read this article on how most of the Mayan Palace timeshare sams are being committed:

Grupo MayanNON RETURN OF MY MONEY AFTER CANCELLATION OF CONTRACT - ALSO ROHYNOL USED TO DRUG ME

Rohynol is the drug that is "more than likely" used by the Grupo Mayan to get a contract signed, according to my doctor. I did not want to disclose that after my trip to Mexico, Cancun I visited my local general practitioner and he said that from the symptoms I described to him that I had at the Royal Maya Palace (after the "free breakfast") and for several hours later I was drugged with this "date rape drug", which is not so uncommon. This means that they are literally willing to drug you into a contract. According to other sources that I have discussed this issue with it has definitely been used in Spain and the Canary Islands by Timeshare Companies to get clients to sign contracts. A husband and wife had signed a contract, returned to their hotel and when they woke up they could remember nothing about it. If it had not been for the signed contract on table in their hotel room they would not have known how it happened!!! This drug is dangerous and makes a person very unaware. In my case, I drink a lot of water when I am abroad and juices. I recall drinking some water after the coffee which probably helped a little but not much to dilute the drug. It is a pity that I did not seek medical advice there whilst in Mexico. Had a blood sample been taken on that day I would have had evidence of the drug in my body. I lead such a quiet life and do not go clubbing so that sort of thing did not cross my mind at all. Also when you are on holiday it does not occur to most people that anyone would take such a risk and dare to do this!
THESE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!
BUYER BEWARE!!! AN OLD LATIN SAYING, VERY PROFOUND.

• Vida Vacations Feb 23, 2011

Britt334 Jul 30, 2013

I had a horrible experience at Mayan Palace!! Not only was the presentation 3 hours (promised 90 minutes), but they DID NOT give us what they promised for going. They offered a 4 night paid vacation, and we got NOTHING. We received what looks like a gift card, and they told us we would just need to call the number on the back to book. When we got back to home and called it was NOTHING. Not a vacation, not a discount for a vacation...NOTHING. We called and emailed Mayan Palace, and they did nothing about it. They gave us an email address, which we have never got a return email on yet. (several tries). The people on the phone say that is the only way to be helped... they are unwilling to help. Many people have been scammed out of money for attending a Mayan Palace timeshare presentation, so it could have been worse. I've been to other legit timeshare presentations, but this one scarred me. DO NOT GO...and if you do, be prepared for some super hard selling. They will change people on you 5 times before you can claw your way out of there. I recommend you to read this article about Mayan Palace:

Grupo MayanReneging on written promise and sheer dishonesty

I am responding to ms. Rose from the gupo mayan.

Dear ms. Rose,

Your letter does not sadly live up to your name, "smelling like a rose". It is full of blatant untruths to be polite and distortions of it by the legion.

You have stated that your company has tried in "good faith" to resolve my issue on several occasions. Well, I am surprised that you have not resolved it, as you say, because it could not be a simpler matter. I have removed all the comments that you required to be removed from the various websites and you still have not repaid me the money owed. Instead you sent another contract to be sign to promise that I shall never expose the grupo mayan again in any shape or form. Is not that the case, ms. Rose? Would you like me to show our readers the copies of the contract sent by you asking for this to be done by me? Or will your company show it to our readers in full, the two of them, for all to see?

I have removed all the comments and still no money. Instead you require of me to sign something like the contracts sent to promise that no comment will ever appear anywhere against the grupo mayan. You give no assurance that your side of the bargain will be kept at all. So what did I have to do in this instance? I had to seek advice. I was happy to sign provided that I had an assurance that the money would be forthcoming. But there was no assurance. So the escrow had to be found, a reputable lawyer in the u. K. By name of mr. Stephen boyd. His fee was paid of some three hundred and fifty pounds (Four hundred and twenty or so dollars). And he dealt with the grupo mayan and he could not get them to return the money either. So that is two of us. We both tried and where is all this good will that you mention?

I had the good will and consideration to remove all the comments as you required but on your side the grupo mayan did nothing, just insist on the contract to never say anything again against them to be sent back to them asap. But where was the assurance for this money to be sent to me? Nowhere and you thought that I would just sign like I did in mexico all doped up|!!! Well, I am not doped up now, I am fine and my mind is working and I was wondering when the "good will " be forthcoming from you or your company. But it has not been forthcoming unfortunately. I have been waiting for nearly three years!!!

You know better than I do that this contract you sent getting me to promise to never say another thing against the grupo mayan needed to have an assurance on your part that the money would be paid to me in full. It was not assured in any way. You sent another contact to say the same thing with the name of your company hardly visible on it. I got advice and an escrow agent was a must in those circumstances. He was a good man too. All you did was to promise again the same as before then you withdrew trying to sell him a in mexico to boot! He just said "so that you can drug me?"

Well, you just vanished into thin air just before christmas. And now I am in the same position as I was in may of 2008. So where is the good will on the part of the grupo mayan? Where is the endeavour to settle the matter you speak of? Your company has simply ignored the matter since december 2010. Now that I am writing about what happened to me in mexico you have written this letter on the website addressed to me more or less and the readers, like in a theatre. The audience is around and you want the attention.

Well, you bring up the fact that I am speaking or writing libel? How is it that such an "honest, straightforward" company does not defend itsefl from false accusations? How come you do not take me to court / I shall tell our "audience" why: it is because every word is true and nothing but the truth. That is why. You know that you have used diabolical methods to obtain money from me unlawfully. That contract in mexico is not valid, it was signed after the company misrepresented itself at the cancun airport. Then they came to our hotel and misrepresented themselves again saying that they were taking us to a "hotel where we could stay on our next trip, and it was just to view it". So my companion was keen to see this five star hotel, and it turned out to be timeshare, not a hotel in the real sense. But not once did the word surface. So now you want to say that the contract was lawful and that I am the culprit in all of this? Hardly likely, ms. Rose.

As you know I visited the royal mayan on several occasions whilst in mexico during the "cooling off" period by mexican law and was practically given a kick in the pants, as they say across the pond. Not the type of response I was expecting from a "large, multinational company". It did surprise me really. I have to say that I was in shock. How could a compnay renege on its own contract? Well that is what happened in mexico in may, 2008. So now you are telling our audience that I am telling a whole pack of lies! How so, ms. Rose, how so?! And is not two yeas and ten months enough time to "take a liar to court". Instead you opted the coward's way out and just decided to withdraw from the escrow agent/lawyer who was there to make sure that the money was returned and the contract signed by me. Of course the fee was to be paid by you. It was your company which insisted on the contract to be signed promising no further comments to be made against the grupo mayan. Now suddenly they want all to be paid by me, as it was so far!!! I have been paying and paying and paying... And the grupo mayan have been laughing all the way to the bank! And I am not the only one it seems that has fallen into this trap. And that is axactly what it is.. Even your own employees have called you devils and said that people should steer clear of you and run, not walk away from your company. It is all on the internet. Good on that honest former employee!!! I see that you have not taken your employee to court!!!

The long and short of it is that your company is grabbing as much as it can by whatever means that it can form the customer!!! Unitl he/she wakes up and stands up against it! Well, your letter is so full of b. S. That it is a laugh. It is not smelling like a rose by a long shot, ms. Rose.

And after reading so many complaints about the company nothing from you surprises me at all. You are spoiling people's well earned vacation, and some are very honest, decent people who do not rob banks for a living!!! You do no credit to mexico either. The best part of the grupo mayan royal mayan vacation "paradise" are the toilets, self-flushing! And the pools perhaps. All else is nothing new. Perhaps your company should consider starting up a w. C. Company, ladies or gents!! They are so up to date sanitary vessels!!! The beach was nothing to write about, as they say. It was just to view and not to sit on! The tourists speak of having to walk up the beach a long way off for a decent beach. That is no good for beach lovers anyway. That piece of land where the royal mayan is on must have been "dirt cheap" when it was bought. And there is nothing around there, it is in the middle of nowhere. It was the first time that I saw a large wild black turkey frantically crossing the road!!! That was the best part of the day when I went to see you again there at the roayal mayan, your manager that is. I do not recall ever seeing you there at all, ms. Rose. We have not met as far as I understand.

Wishing you a happy "stew" over this letter. And hope that your boss will take note about honesty still being the best policy. Surely dishonesty only leads to many unpleasant court cases and complaints!!! Not a far sighted way of doing business, don't you agree, ms. Rose?!!! You should consider the motto: live and let live. And also "what goes around comes around".

Regards and best wishes.

Vera v christopher

VICTORIA VICTORIA VICTORIA Feb 21, 2011

Just as I was going to go food shopping I had a telephone call from the Grupo Mayan last Saturday to say that they would like to "go halves" and pay into my account only half of the money by Friday. The rest would "be paid" after signing the settlement. How can you sign a settlement if nothing is yet settled!!!????? When the money is paid in full then and only then is there scope to erase all comments on the internet. The last time that I erased all the comments to make the life of the Grupo Mayan easier and to show good will on my part led to their reneging on their promise! Well if they are now "transparent", as they say that they are, and "not playing games", as the claim not to be doing, then to put the money into my account is the least of their problems. They need to show that they are serious now! The signing of the settlement is not a problem on my part PROVIDED THAT I HAVE THE MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, ALL $4, 075 OF IT. After waiting for nearly three years to be stalling now and going by halves is ridiculous and opening myself up to a lot of reneging and problems! No, go all the way, Grupo Mayan, and you will not be sorry. Pay up what is owed NOW IN FULL and the matter will no longer remain unsolved. Transparent people who are not playing games just speak with their ACTIONS and pay what is owed without stalling. Then the rest of the issue is "plain sailing" and I shall automatically erase all the comments made as best as I can so that the matter can be finalised and finished. By the time you pay in the money in full the matter is almost concluded. IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE JUST PLAIN SIMPLE COMMON SENSE.

I am sure that the readers who have been following this issue will agree with me!

VICTORIA VICTORIA VICTORIA Feb 23, 2011

I would like to respond to the Grupo Mayan Timeshare company.

Dear Ms. Rose,

As you know when you read the "Pissed Consumer" website as well as this one the only way that the Grupo Mayan can "help" me and help themselves is to come up with the goods, i.e. to put their money where their mouth is...in the my bank account in full, all the money owed to the last penny, and then your much valued contract to never expose the Mayan again can be signed by me and returned to you by email and by post, registered post, as requested. There is no need to become paranoid about exposure of your company, Ms. Rose. Since it has an official rating which is the lowest possible by the BBB there is nothing much to lose now! YOUR ONLY HOPE IS TO PAY UP AND DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE FOR A CHANGE WHICH WILL GIVE YOUR COMPANY SOME CREDIBILITY AGAIN. AS IT IS IT IS NOT REALLY REPUTABLE FOR THE RIGHT REASONS FOR MANY HOLIDAY MAKERS FROM THE U.S. AND ELSEWHERE.

Your comments were mostly ridiculous again...your manager is not doing the company many favours by getting you to write all that cow dung in public. It would be more profitable for you as a company to pay what you owe as indicated by yourselves the sum of $4, 075 in full and then to receive the contract from me which you have sent indicating that I shall not expose the truth about the company online or by any other means ever again. That is that. You are dragging out this matter believing that I shall somehow fade into the "aurora", or simply become exhausted from the hassle of pursuing what is rightfully mine, i.e. the money which the company took from me by misrepresentation, not to mention spiking the coffee enough to render your guest to the Mayan Palace indifferent and easy going, an easy prey for timeshare "vultures" to devour on the spot without great effort.

Well, the cheating game is over and I am not going to fall into that snare again. Your phone call of last Saturday, a week end day, by the way, when you should be having a good time with your family, is spent on giving me a ready written speech from your manager or whoever, instead of paying up what is owed and getting your signed contract sooner rather than later. It does not make sense to me at all. Last Saturday you used the Mayan tactic of speaking at me rather than to me. It is not appreciated, as I need to receive the money owed in full in order to send your agreement back to you signed by email and by post. This is the only way that the Mayan will get it. You have to pay me my money in full. You have my bank details and then your boss will not have to be paranoid about the company's reputation online. With the BBB assessing the Grupo Mayan as the lowest of companies here lies your problem - credibility. This you need to build up before demanding that people sign contracts with you before you have given them back their money. How can they sign settlements when there hasn't been one yet!!!???? It does not make sense at all.

Please may I have Mr Moran, the owner of the company's email direct or telephone number to speak with him regarding this issue. I am sure that he has more sense than the manager you are working for...this matter cannot be resolved without full and final payment in full on the part of the Grupo Mayan. Then and only then, when the money is in my bank can we proceed to "settle" by signing the "settlement!!! This is only logical. Do not try to put the cart before the horse!!! It is not meant to be that way!!

I am not libelling on line, I am simply writing the Truth for our readers and for you. You are aware of it but they are still to see how this story will end. Please do yourselves a favour and pay up what is owed. Then the matter can be resolved quickly and easily.

Thank you for your attention. Please do not forget to tell Mr. Moran that I would like to contact him.

Sincerely

Vera V Christpher

• Vida Vacations Feb 24, 2011

• Po
    poiuyt May 25, 2012

I discussed over the phone the cancellation of the agreement with somebody at the hotel, I don't recall the name, but I was asked to send an email with my request to the member service department [email protected], in order to receive instructions on how to proceed. I have sent a total of 4 emails but nobody has had the courtesy to reply. I am willing to forfeit my deposit without argument even though the product was totally misrepresented we won’t fight it back. All we want is to opt out! Is it really that hard to deal with the mayan palace????

• Th
    ThomasR70 Aug 07, 2013

I just want to begin with saying that my loving wife and I exchanged RCI points for a trip to Mayan Palace Riviera this past April. We get there and find the place is stunning and the service is top notch. First day there we commit to the 1.5 hour sales pitch during what they call “buyers week”. Well, in the end it was 5 hours and a majority of the presentation was focused on how these units are investments and that they give you “flexibility” in an extra week to use as a rental. The rental income was presented at $1700 net income after maintenance fees were taken out. We bought into the idea….it sounded great. Upon returning home I researched renting these units and found that they rent for far less than they stated repeatedly in the presentation. I have obtained training material that Mayan employees use explaining in detail how they leverage this with vacationers, then skim over the disclaimer sentence that is listed in the mounds of documents. This fraud has to stop. I would not have entered into this agreement if they had been truthful about this. They describe the rental agencies as partners verbally and that you get your rental check quickly in 60-90 days, which is not true. They used scratch paper to show you the money you would make renting these units and how fast they would pay for themselves, which was untrue. There was no mention of any cancellation period during the presentation, so by the time we arrived home and called to cancel our agreement….we were told it was past the 5 days. I have called and talked with a number of people. To date they have been unwilling to cancel and refund our credit card. A complaint has been filed with the Mexican Government, Profeco and FTC. If you go to any Mayan Palace timeshare resort, PLEASE do not get caught it the misleading sales pitch!!! Just enjoy the resort... I recommend you to read this article about Mayan Palace:

Resolved Grupo Mayanscam.....

SCAM: I cannot wait to take my next vacation with them...I will make their lives miserable, just like they made mine. I am going to mess with them so bad they will never forget the vacationer who screamed.

To start with I will tell everyone I meet at the airport about my experience and then I will drag one of the representatives out in front of everyone and ask them to explain all the problems I have been having...then I will find where they are offering new memberships and crash the PARTY for them...

• Vida Vacations Dec 02, 2009

Dear Anonymous Blogger,

We kindly ask you get in touch with us so that we can address all issues you have with your membership in our Club. Resolution is best handled by speaking with each other, rather than just making comments on blogs. Monitoring the internet entirely is an impossible task for anyone, so we request that you contact us directly please to avoid any concerns left unanswered. We are a team of dedicated workers, and your happiness is our goal.

We would very much like to know who you are to provide you personalized assistance.

Please reconsider your position, contact us and allow us to resolve your issues. You can call us at 1-800-292-9446.

RippedOfByMayan Dec 20, 2010

The response from Grupo Mayan is so that they can pull all benefits from the blogger (who is telling the truth). They have absolutely ZERO interest in assisting to make anything right. Grupo Mayan is one of the largest scams in Latin America. You are better off getting satisfaction by taking advantage of whatever you can when you are at the property. Do not eat at the restaurants on the property (you will grossly overpay) or drink their liquor (keep an eye on the bartenders...they are also trained to bait/switch top shelf requests for well drinks and upcharge). Make sure you let everyone know to avoid this company and their properties. The company moved from its Houston headquarters to avoid being subject to US laws...Mexico does not care about ripping off US and Canadian citizens...it brings more tourism dollars to Mexico. These guys are laughing all the way to the bank. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GRUPO MAYAN OR ITS AFFILIATES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...100% GUARANTEED TO REGRET IT!!!

Dear Anonymous Blogger aka "RippedOffByMayan",

We were alerted by several happy members of your aggressive slanderous posts on at least three different blogs and we want to invite you to please give us a call if you are in fact disappointed with our services. We would like to hear about your experience with us, as part of our daily quest for improvement and high regard for customer satisfaction.

Unfortunately, in the past, we have had competitors or disgruntled ex-employees go online and post similar false remarks about our company in an attempt to damage our reputation for excellence. Therefore, we do require that you call us or email us directly in order to guarantee a response from our team. As you know, monitoring the internet entirely is an impossible task for anyone. However, we are glad we were alerted of your dissatisfaction so that we can invite you to give us a call directly.

Our resorts are more spectacular than ever and our attention to detail and customer care is the driving force behind the loyalty of our members. We host thousands of satisfied guests every week and we measure the caliber of our quality through several mediums in an attempt to improve on a daily basis. In fact, the company employs and trains thousands of individuals that work hard day and night to satisfy each and every guest. We are all committed to excellence, integrity, and above all your satisfaction.

It is through hard work and dedication that we keep our members happy and we don't think of you as an exception. We want to make you happy. Period.

If in fact you are a member or have been a guest at our properties, we encourage you to please give us the opportunity to address your concerns. We take every case very seriously and we will not rest until we have exhausted every reasonable means available to us to deliver the satisfaction we promise.

As part of a team of devoted Customer Care workers, we would like to find out why you felt the need to post these comments online instead of reaching out to us by using the contact information readily available in our company materials and websites.

We have thousands of happy clients that can safely attest to our dedication to our members and guests.

We hope to continue this dialogue by having you contact us directly at 1 (800) 292-9446 or by email at: [email protected]

• Is
    Isipo Jul 06, 2013

What a bunch of crooks!!! this is one of the most fraudulent timeshare companies in Mexico, they use misleading sales tactics and they are deceitful. There are hundreds of complaints, if you google "mayan palace scam" you'll find lots of complaints. I recommend you to read this article on how most of the mayan palace timeshare scams are being committed:

we need to stop this fraud NOW

Resolved Grupo MayanHorrible experience

I am writing this to describe what it was a horrible experience with Grupo Mayan.

On November 2008 we went on vacations to Puerto Vallarta. Everything was excellent until the day we were approached by Sam. He started offering us free products and tours in exchange for going to a 2 hours (maximum he said) presentation.

We told him we are not interested, but he begged to us to attend this presentation and that way he will make some money, so we agreed.

We attend this presentation from 9 am. until 2pm. (more than 4 hours). This was the first lie.

During this time we met a several high pressure salesmen, they stated this could be a good "investment". I was very clear to them that I am retired and I cannot travel anymore, also I told them that I cannot afford this "investment", we felt quite harrassed and repeatedly said NO. Then, they came back with a special offer and said "NOT TO TELL ANYONE", they assured with this offer, not to worry, because they VERBALLY GUARANTEED they will rent my weeks and with the rental money I can offset the maintenance fees and within 5 years I will recover the money I put in this investment. I asked them if I can cancel this contract and they told me I can do it until I get home, because my contract is not issued in the system. At this time, we were so exhausted that we agreed to sign the contract. (BIG MISTAKE) and after this we thought we could relax and enjoy our vacations.

To our dismay, when we got home, all the benefits the sales staff said we would get with this membership were turning out to be untrue.

We called them and we tried to cancel this contract, but they just said the cancellation period has passed. Another Lie.

We checked the information of Grupo Mayan on the web, and for our surprise, we found many others trying to recover their monies.

We now realize, a few months later, that everything we were sold is a LIE, the people from Grupo Mayan has stolen our money, abused our innocence and patience, using NO ETHICAL SALES TACTICS and MISLEADING INFORMATION.

• Fi
    fireseal1 Mar 02, 2010

So what is your next step? I was just reading this site and came upon your memo... what does one do now.??? I was very interested in Goupo Mayan because I heard that the resorts were beautiful, clean and friendly... thx. e..

• Of
    Offajay Jul 04, 2010

I had an similar exprience at the vacation club presentation. I was pamper given a lovely breakfast and then the sales pitch started. The first person that I talk to was Gary. Gary seem to handle my "no's" responses pretty well. However I sense the temperate in the room down about 30 degrees. I was sent to another person who was supposed to give me my promised items and transportation back to my hotel. Instead I went to other person who tried to give me a special deal for just me. When I told him no, he got angry and just pointed toward a trail and told me that was they way out. While waiting on transportation to my hotel another couple asked me did I stop at the travel agency to collect my promised items. I went to the travel agency and I was given a voucher for 3 lobster dinner on the Captain Hook, $100 dollar gift card to use downtown, and my $20 dollar x 3 for holding reservation fee. What was funny the guy at the travel agency told me he was going to use my $60 dollar reservation toward my voucher. I told him to read what I was promise. Which stated that the reservation fee would be return in cash. What was so funny was I was trying to get out of this place has soon has possible. I looked at my $100 (certificate) which was only for "Diamonds International". The certificate had a expiration date that was January, 2010. I enjoyed the lobster dinner on Capt. Hook and was glad I got my $60 dollar return. I think it was a waste of time and why would I wanted to go into a 30 year mortgage for a vacation club. Correction Grupo Mayan web site call it time sharing. I did better than most people because they only got a T-shirt and a beach bag.
    P.S. One thing I notice was there were not any people sitting around the pools.

RippedOfByMayan Dec 20, 2010

The sales tactics are the same for everyone at Grupo Mayan. Hard sell, disresepctful when you say no, broken promises. DO NOT THINK FOR ONE MOMENT THAT YOU HAVE AN UPPER HAND...THESE ARE PROFESSIONAL CON ARTISTS HIGHLY TRAINED TO TAKE YOUR MONEY. YOU HAVE NO CHANCE OF EVER SEEING YOUR MONEY AGAIN OR RECEIVING ANYTHING CLOSE TO THE VALUE YOU WERE PROMISED. Unfortunately, there is not consumer protection agency in Mexico, so you have no recourse. Assume that everything posted by Grupo Mayan and its affiliates is a lie or a scam. Never do business with this company.

• So
    Sophie M Jun 27, 2013

I do not understand, why do they use the word "investment" when speaking about timeshare? Timeshares are nothing of the sort. The fact that timeshares are usually sold by touts should make that clear. This also applied to newer versions of the same scam such as 'fractional ownership'. What I do understand is that Mayan Palace timeshare sales tactics are hardcore and they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you into the contract and keep you in contract with them. I recommend you to read this article about Mayan Palace:

charlesb12 Dec 16, 2013

The Mayan Palace timeshare SCAM in Nuevo Vallarta, my wife and I were also duped with gifts to come and see this timeshare scam. I kept asking for a "guarantee" or "proof" to everything they promised. They just kept double-talking and repeated themselves over and over again. After 5 hours, the price went from $90K to $9K and we bought (temporarily). Back at our hotel, I looked up the Grand Mayan and two days later we went back to cancel. They refused to let us cancel (which is illegal). They wanted us to make an appointment the morning before our flight left. I didn't have 5 hours to argue with them again so we sent an email cancellation from the hotel. I got home and sent a fax cancellation then sent a certified letter to the hotel. Finally they acknowledged my cancellation (within the 5 day period). I also contacted Profeco. Who knows, maybe they are paying everyone in Mexico off to keep quiet. Fortunately, I realized soon enough what a scam this place is. For your family's money do not buy at the Mayan:

Resolved Grupo Mayanmarketing scams

We were recently in Playa del Carmen and also were scammed by Grupo Mayan at the Grand Mayan Princess Resort.

Everyone needs to know that the parent company of this group is Wyndham Resorts and Hotels. So when writing complaints, everyone should go to the Wyndham website, to the "Wyndham Worldwide" section, and click on the "contact us" You can send Wyndham an e-mail with your complaint. Perhaps if they hear from enough of us they will do something about these guys.

Also, since they are doing business under the laws of the State of Utah, any complaint you have about fraudulent or deceptive business practices, or failure to fulfill the contract (like you can never get reservations for your weeks) should be filed with the Utah Attorney General's Fraud division. You can go to http://consumerprotection.utah.gov/complaints/index.html. Again the more dissatisfied people who complain the more likely something will be done.

So yes, we were all stupid and gullible. But we don't just have to complain to each other about it. We can be sure that people who might care(like Wyndeham) and those who might be able to take some action (like the AG office) know how many of us are dissatisfied with our interactions with this group.

• Ds
    dsg Feb 15, 2009

Class action lawsuit against Grupo Mayan:

Hi Diane and Cristina,
    We would really appreciate if you give us the opportunity to contact you and clarify your issues with our firm, as the personnel for Gonzalez & Gonzalez is highly trained and supervised; and we can assure you that none of our customers have been attacked in any way.
    Looking through the files and data base of our company we do not show any record under the name of ¨Diane Jersey¨ and/or ¨Cristine ----¨, who are the people complaining and defaming against the firm.
    After 15 years of experience we knew some day this will happen, being conscious of this we back up ourselves by recording every incoming and outgoing telephone call.
    In case of the existence of a recorded conversation with you under another name, we would like to expose it to the internet community to prove the opposite of the complaints made on June 30th against Gonzalez & Gonzalez to discard the fact that the post was exposed by our competitors or from the timeshare developers full of frustration by our advocacy and success on the resolution of the cases handled at Gonzalez & Gonzalez.
    Also, Gonzalez and Gonzalez has never charged such exaggerated retainer fees, we have a long list of satisfied customers who support our firm, with identifications to validate their existence and able to show their satisfaction by the success in the resolution of their cases.
    Gonzalez & Gonzalez counts with ample evidence, to show the Internet community and guarantee that there is no existence of this type of situation in our firm.

Jonathansprince Jul 04, 2009

I will tell my friends who had trouble with this company (g&g) to view these blogs. They will be helpful. I just want to say I am glad I listened to them and did not get involved with yet another company in unknown territory to me.

• Rick297 Jul 26, 2013

The sales tactics are the same for everyone at Grupo Mayan. Hard sell, disrespectful when you say no, broken promises. DO NOT think for one moment that you have an upper hand...these are professional con artists highly trained to take your money. You have no chance of ever seeing your money again or receiving anything close to the value you were promised. Assume that everything posted by Grupo Mayan and its affiliates is a lie or a scam. Never do business with this company; never buy a mayan palace timeshare scam. I recommend you to read this article about Mayan Palace:

charlesb12 Dec 11, 2013

I agree with you. My wife and I were blatantly lied to about the mayan palace timeshare membership benefits. We discovered later and have since been trying to get out of the contract; but they dont seem to care at all if the sales people has lied or has given wrongful information; we have stressed this out to their service department but they simply do not care. All they want is to force us to stay. Sooner or later youll probably get a response here from a "Customer Service Representative" trying to apologize and convince you to contact them, DO NOT trust them! they are not able to do anything regarding of your problem, they just want to "clean" their terrible reputation:

Grupo Mayansales promises not received

When we arrived at The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya last week for our vacation we were told that we didn't own in the Grand Mayan and they would put us in the Mayan Palace. After making several phone calls home at 10:00 and then demanding for my rightful accommodations, I was placed in one of the new buildings of the Grand Mayan which weren't there last year when we upgraded. The main reason and sales pitch to upgrade was that there were only 7 buildings and we would be closer to the pool and beach. Silly us. Since last April when I was there last, lots of things have changed. When Linda asked us to attend the 30 minute owner's update the next morning we agreed. The next morning was a nightmare! Four hours we sat there with our family and finally figured out that the double talk was so thick - we had no idea of what we were doing. NEVER did we get the owner's update! The sales pitch ended very rudely with Sini - the builder's representative - yelling at us because we wouldn't buy anything else.

• Lk
    L. King Oct 31, 2008

Does anyone know how to reach Grupo Mayan to make a reservation? All the numbers I was given on my card when I bought in January 2005 are disconnected. I have never had trouble getting a reservation or getting through to speak to a person before. However, I've never seen anything posted about a scam before either so I am quite concerned.

• Wt
    WTisdale Jun 28, 2013

I know what you mean. Once I attended a Mayan Palace timeshare presentation just to get the freebies. We tried to say no until we were so tired of it we agreed to a 90 minute presentation for $100 USD per couple and 10% off of our charges for the week. The 90 minutes became 150 minutes. Each time they were ready to let us leave a different person prevented us from leaving. Very rude and dishonest. I had to express anger at the fifth person before they showed us the door. I recommend you to read this article on how to get out of a Mayan Palace timeshare scam:

• Bc
    bc11385 Jul 01, 2013

Beware of Vacation Class S.A. de C.V. (advertising The Bliss Resorts, Bliss Vacation Club, Grand Mayan, Vida Vacations, VidaSales and more).

My mother and I traveled to Mexico to celebrate my graduation from college. After about seven hours traveling we were met at the airport in Cancun by some saleswoman misrepresenting her intention. The next day we were at their Grand Mayan where we were subjected to five hours of high-pressure sales tactics before we relented signing an English-only document purporting to be selling "lodging rights and services."

After getting away, we learned more about whom we had been picked up by from websites like tripadvisor, timesharescam, complaintsboard, scam, mescam, pissedconsumer, independenttraveler, and fodors, to name a few (all ending dot com). We notified the sales office that we cancel and asked for our downpayment back. They pretend to be confused and refuse.

We learned that Mexican law protects consumers under PROFECO; that all contracts regarding property in Mexico, including timeshares, must be in Spanish and bear certification by a Notario--neither of which was true for us; and that we can file a complaint in at any Mexican Consulate.

Our lawyer is putting together copies of their responses to share with you the names (and taunting words) of these sales people and the additional aliases they use. We hope that this post reaches you before you travel to Mexico, so you know to stay away from these people when they try to get you at the airport.

Resolved Grupo MayanScam and stealing

They are together now, getting you, the tourist that visits Mexico, to buy a timeshare. I know now how many lies I was told; I can not believe people actually do that for living. Lie and steal from others. be aware that FIA Credit Services (Bank of America) will give you credit but they are actually taking it away from other credit cards that you might have. They just want you to get the debt, the timeshare is all a fraud, so why the Bank of America is helping them instead of protecting their customer. Shame on the sales people and the bank.

• Gr
    Grupo Mayan Nov 27, 2008

Dear Erquile,

Grupo Mayan’s primary interest is to provide the best service to members just like you. We regret to hear there has been a misinterpretation in your case. So forth we would be more than happy to address your concerns.

Please contact our Customer Support Department in Mexico City from 9am to 6pm CST. We understand you are a US resident, so you can use these numbers to reach us: 1-866-947-6050, 1-866 561 0710, 1-866 561 0610 and 1-866 561 6540.

We truly thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,
    Karen Rose
    Grupo Mayan Customer Support Representative.

• Ek
    ekk Nov 08, 2009

This discribes our experience exactly, and it is now one year later - we were in Pueto Vallarto at the end of October of this year (2009). So obviously they haven't changed their tactics at all.

RippedOfByMayan Dec 20, 2010

They have always operated this way and always will. They are still doing it today in December 2010. Karen Rose is clearly hired to make it appear as if they actually care. Either Karen is part of the scam or she is so removed from it that she has no idea how her employer really operates. She should try attending one of the "presentations" and she will understand just a little better. I guarantee she will quit her job if she has a sliver of integrity. GRUPO MAYAN IS A GROUP OF PROFESSIONAL CON ARTISTS - THE COMPANY HAS ZERO INTEGRITY AND HAS NO PROBLEM LYING, CHEATING, OR STEALING TO GET YOUR MONEY. LET THE BUYER BEWARE.

• Ge
    gerryco Jul 03, 2013

The resort itself seems very nice, the sales pitch, however, is pure high-pressure sales. The sales people are snakes, their only motive is greed. They have no concern for what is ethical and will “brow beat” you to make their money. It was not worth the free breakfast and $50.00 dinner coupon. When I finally got up to walk away from the table, Luis got in my face and began to argue with me, telling me I couldn’t leave until he said the presentation was over. I continued to walk away as I raised my voice at him. You would think that that would be the end of it, but they will continue to pass you to the next person for a “survey” which turns into another sales pitch…these people are shameless. If you agree to attend the 90 minute presentation you will regret it.Search online for Mayan Palace Timeshare Scams for other “horror stories":

Resolved Grupo Mayan — Scam

Pls. warn consumers that Grupo Mayan is an organization that preys on the elderly (and others). Their...

Resolved Grupo MayanScammed

Enclosed is the big long current story. I mailed it on 6/17/08 which is still in the 5 day period. Since they would not give me an email, I faxed to them and emailed it to the home office and Porfeco registered mail also on the 17th. This morning I received a harassing phone call from Carlo saying I lied and he was being reprimanded ( I doubt) but he still wants us to sweat it...so he said he'd get to it in the order of his work. I asked if he did not reach me by Monday I would assume nothing has been rescinded. He said he would get back to me.

The information on your web site and a few others really helped Thank you.

Rita K.

Request for Cancellation of my Mayan Palace Regency Vacation Club Agreement CRAA Dated June 12, 2008

06/17/08

Membership Services

Desarrollo Marina Village

dba “Groupo Mayan”

PO Box [protected]

Houston TX 77227

This is day 4 since we signed this contract. I am faxing this request because of timeliness and sending by mail the entire package to the directions as given on Section 12 of the Agreement.

We are hereby requesting cancellation of our Mayan Palace Regency Vacation Club Agreement CRAA 2311 since it was based on illegal sales practices and fraudulent information.

We arrived at my Mayan palace in the Riviera Maya on June 6, 2008 through a private Grand Mayan Rental. We attended a timeshare sales presentation on Wednesday June 11, 2008. We cancelled and signed a new contract on June 12, 2008.

We have had wonderful experiences here at the Mayan Grand in Playa del Carmen. We explained to our Mayan Palace sales representative, Patricia Manzi that we would only agree to the 90 minute presentation for future travel. I, Rita Kronen, also explained I have Parkinsons disease and could not walk very far and tire easily as well as it would not be possible for me to travel for quite awhile as I am expecting DBS(direct brain stimulation )surgery in the next six months . WE AGREED TO 90 MINUTES ONLY!

She dismissed my concerns as a small detail and rolled right on with several lies (scam) promises

1. Lie owners guaranteed rental from the Mayan for $3400.00 a year so even if we didn’t use the property soon we could have it paid for by their rent back policy. This was offered for the first 5 years. This has proved to be wrong and nowhere in our paperwork...

2. Lie the property they brought to us was supposedly cheaper because someone had just traded it in. (a regular scam practice from your training manual.)

3. Lie our ninety minutes presentation went was well into six hours and I was shaking so bad, she brought me a blanket and a drink that I asked for. No sticking to original agreement. I said I needed to take medication now.!

4. Lie Never answered question on right of refusal. She said you will really want this and that won’t be an issue.

5. Lie two different associates, the second one was named Arturo, came and sweetened the deal by adding weeks (which I do not see in the contract) a free cruise with upgrades to a suite on any ship ( no record of) free golf (form says 50% discount) and a value trade in on our current timeshare in Los Cabos. And he lowered the price.

6. We asked if we could go outside and speak to each other but were followed out by sales person.

7. Lie no mention ever of cancellation policies. We did not feel well and asked to continue the next day and were given a firm no! Almost done, almost done.

We agreed to sign just to leave, by then I was in tears and they offered to walk me back to my room and the sales person offered to buy dinner to celebrate. We went back to our room shell shocked. This was now 3:00 p.m. At the room we were very upset. I called my broker, my mortgage lender and my doctor. All who said this is not a good idea for you at this time, both financially and especially for my health. With upcoming surgery, not a good time for stress or travel out of the country.

We went back to the sales office at 5:00 p.m. and waited to see Carlo Truzzolino. He did all the final papers originally and we waited over another hour to tell him we could not buy the vacation package. He told us to sleep on it, and see him at 9:00a.m. The next morning, he assured us it could all be worked out, “this is just a vacation, not life or death”.

The next morning we arrived at 8:30 a.m. and waited till almost 10:00 a.m. to meet with Mr. Truzzolino. Now the lies begin again!

8. Lie He told us there are no 5 day cancellation policies in Mexico and why didn’t I say I had Parkinsons the previous day.( which I had repeatedly.)ARTICLE 56 of Ley Federal de protectccion al Consumidor says we Have 5 business days not to include Saturday or Sunday.

9. lie. Then upon doing some research, I discovered on www.teimesharebeat.com/mex-fraud.htm that the cancellation rights can not be waived according to Mexican law. I was intentionally lied to, to make me believe I could not cancel this contract. He stated he wanted to help us but he was not allowed because we traded in property. We actually sold our Pueblo Bonito timeshare to the Mayan Palace and then were allowed to purchase the time share back for $1. The Mayan Palace could then take could take the loss on their taxes, and it would reduce of cost on my Mayan palace timeshare.

Because of this “Equity Exchange Agreement” we had to waive our right to any cancellation or cool down periods. I even said “why don’t I get the normal 3-5 days” Exchange Agreement” and using that agreement was not under the same rules. In section 12, General Provisions, of the Recitals page states we could cancel. Carlo Truzzolino told us that we waived our cancellation period.

10.lie He told us We could not cancel because their legal department would eat us alive and the Mexican PROFECO means well but rarely gets involved with tourist/timeshare problems. He assured us we would loose any legal actions and be out our legal fees as well as the cost of the vacation package.

Final offer of a new deal to HELP US OUT he lowered the price to $16, 520.00 and changed the room to a one bedroom, then gave us back our timeshare in Los Cabos, two weeks at the Sea Garden and he says I am so sorry but this is best for us. He even offered to lend us the monies for 48 months at 8%. Told us no commissions would be paid, transfer fees, or taxes.

I am hereby requesting you to rescind our contract since it was based on illegal sales practices and fraudulent information: I was very ill those last 3 days of our vacation and even now feel physically ill from the pressure.

This item alone is reason to grant a cancellation of the agreement. This practice is illegal. I am also in contact with several other people that have been placed in the same or similar situations.

Patty also said that members were getting great rental prices out of Resorts Int’l Marketing which was on their list of referrals. I was asked to sell my next 5 years of Value Fair weeks back to my Mayan palace. (But now it seams odd that my contract does not mention selling the weeks back to my Mayan palace I was told that the two LA PLAYA weeks could be rented for $1700 each. Timeshare User group have these weeks listed for as little as $700 and you still need to pay maintenance, http://www.tug1.org/tugads/1-8dname2.html#ad26709

also:

Excerpt from RCI listing: A MAXIMUM OF TWO UNITS PER WEEK ALLOWED PER MEMBER ACCOUNT IN 4 YEARS *** NO CONSECUTIVE WEEKS ALLOWED*** 2ND UNIT MUST HAVE A GUEST CERTIFICATE *** CAN NOT CONFIRM SPACE TO MY MAYAN PALACE OR XXX XXXXXX MEMBERS **EXCEPTIONS TO THESE RULES CAN BE CANCELLED** ]RESORT ENFORCES ¼ YR RULE] were never mentioned.

My Mayan palace Resorts had a great reputation and I was very excited to make my first stay with you at the Riviera Maya resort. Your resort is beautiful and according to reviews, so are some of your other locations.

I am sure you are working on all of the recent complaints I have seen about your sales tactics, I know you have settled some of them, and I hope you can straiten out the remaining complaints very soon. But after the outright fraudulent lie about the cancellation period, other lies, half truths and omissions - your sales practices reflect on your entire chain as being “questionable” to put it mildly. Bottom line is you scammed my husband and myself with false promises, outright lies and took advance of me as I was very physically ill both days of trying to return this property and It will have long term repercussions on my health as Parkinsons deals with my nervous system.

I have copied and contacted every organization in your field and will recon tact them as soon as you do the right thing and resend this contract and return all monies deposited. The agreement CRAA 2311 is cancelled and send me verification of cancellation. Also credit the $5775.00 down payment as well as your release of our Pueblo Bonito timeshare. I will then return any original documents you so request. I will be sending this document through the mail and carbon copy the addresses below.

I feel it is my duty to tell you I have started a Dispute with my Visa card, and have started a claim with the California Attorney General Consumer Protection Agency who will be contacting you directly in the next few weeks.

I will also be filing a case with Profeco, Texas Attorney General, US Dept of Justice, and the Federal Trade Commission, RCI, Travelocity, Delta, ASTA, and a few others in the next few days.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. I hope this unpleasant situation will be resolved ASAP.I look forward to a quick response.

• Ke
    Ken and Rita K Jul 03, 2008

June 30, 2008

This is to inform you that our complaint against the Grupo Mayan has been settled to our satisfaction.
    Rita K

• Rr
    rrpostal Jul 03, 2008

So timeshares really are a scam? Who knew?

Britt334 Aug 01, 2013

It is the same old story with the a Mayan Palace timeshare resorts (owner David Chavez) who does not care about what fraud he perpetrates on timeshare buyers. The same old adage applies, with regard to rental fees applicable, etc. It is fraud and there is right of rescission in Mexico no matter what program you buy, no matter what the horror show salespeople tell you. Heve not met one semi-honest one representing the mayan chain yet. Yes, we got scammed and bought, never again. These are the worst operators in the business. The name of the programs, Mayan Regency, The Dream, Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan, Bliss, Grupo Luxxe change with regard to what they wish to charge. The upshot is if you are down the line in their program name game list you lose benefits. The tiger does not change its stripes. Beware. I recommend you to read thisarticle about Mayan Palace: