Green Tree Mortgage Complaints & Reviews

Green Tree Mortgagemortgage

Our mortgage company was bought out by Green tree mortgage company and let me tell you we have had nothing but problems with them! They are extremely incompetent, one end has no idea what the other is doing and they love to harass their clients with phone calls. ( We have received 5 phonecalls about 1 issue in the last 18 days!) In this instance we ( admittedly) screwed up and wrote the wrong amount of mortgage payment. They phoned, we apologized, and popped a check for the difference in the mail the very next day. Then we proceeded to get many more phonecalls asking us to send the check ( obviously implying we were lying about having sent it!). We finally checked our bank statement and it showed the check had cleared 10 days ago so I told the rep so today. Her snooty answer?:well, you will continue to accrue late charges until the check shows up. At that point I insisted on talking to her supervisor, who apparently takes 5 minutes to come on the line. So I explained the situation. His answer: send me a copy of the front and the back of the check ( so I am obviously still lying about having sent it!). At this point I lost my temper and hung up. So 5 minutes later he phones back and they have miraculously found my check .BUT, I had written the wrong account number on it so that's why they couldn't find it ( we have 2 accounts with them, would it have been so hard to check this sooner, before harassing us with phonecalls??) So basically he phoned to tell me that I had made a mistake and this was all my fault. Nice customer service, don't you think?!
So, maybe you're thinking, why don't you do automatic withdrawal, so much easier and then you can't screw up writing the check...we did try that at first and they kept screwing that up so we finally said we would just write the check every month.
And another thing: We had some damages to our house due to a big hailstorm. Our insurance gave us a big check, made out to us and Greentree. You would not believe all the hoopla they have us going through to get OUR insurance money. We have to send pictures of the before and after, the estimate for the job, the itemized estimate, the completed w-9 form with tax ID # from the contractor, the itemized bill, the final itemized bill, certificate of completion, and then, to top it all off, an inspection by their representative is required. THIS IS OUR MONEY, PAID BY US THROUGH INSURANCE! I know that Greentree owns a part of our house but having to jump through this many hoops to get OUR money is RIDICULOUS!
So bottom line: if you read this and you still decide to deal with Greentree mortgage you are out of your mind.
If I could divorce them I would.

6 Responses
    • Dw
      d widler Oct 22, 2014

green tree a nightmare..their customer services reps are a nightmare..they add fees from when mortgages are transferred to them and dont tell you about them..every month i have a new charge that they told me the month before was paid off..im so frustrated with them i could scream..and have

nobodyknowsthe trouble Nov 15, 2013

Been dealing with them a while. They are the worst mortgage company. If you are 5 days late they'll be calling. I had one person
      call said I didnt pay my property taxes( I was driving and knew I did, but self-doubted myself), she told me my payment was 150dollars more a month since they had to add my taxes on; needless to say I was a wreck until I got home and pulled my receipt for the taxes. I think that they know the people who try and keep payments on time or a few days late, and those are the ones who they harass, threaten, talk awful too, make up things to worry you. I wonder if these people are trained to do this or if they get paid extra for upsetting/being nasty etc.? Just tell them to have a blessed day, God loves them and Santa Claus is watching and try to pay
      it off as fast as you can!

Joe Schmidt Jun 19, 2013

On hold 1 hr, this company SUCKS!. I would not recommended this company to anyone!

• Mb
      mbs7 Oct 22, 2012

we have been dealing with them to pay our taxes we called our city tax office and it was said our taxes were past due. they are paid threw the mortgage co. of course GREEN TREE. I then called the mortgage co and told them our taxes were not issued to the tax office they quoted oh we forgot to mail them out, by they way they still did not receive the check from the mortgage company. and now we will be 2 quarters behind.

• Gh
      GHAll Nov 08, 2011

Greentree is a very bad company. They took our big insurance claim check from the deadly tornados and hail storms from April of 2011, and kept it. They disbursed the first half to the contractor for the roof. He sent them back around 1500 and we had to beg to get that sent back to us to buy house materials. When they finally did, it took them over a month. We have been working on our house for several months, but have been finished for 2 months. When the inspector came from Greentree, he had the wrong name on the check. They made us send it back to them. They took another 2 weeks to send back the check. The new check was still wrong. This is still ongoing. This is the short version of the story. But, long and short, we were lied to, hung up on, they were rude and arragant from the word go, they did not have a clue what to tell us. Everyone there has a different story they tell customers. Do Not Use This Company. Get a local company or go with a bank.

• Gh
      GHAll Nov 08, 2011

Same Insurance issue we have. They lie, harrass and are the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Green Tree MortgageHarrasing calls / Poor Customer service

These folks are extremely harrassing. MY house has been up for short sale for over 1yr. I have kept it up and have had 4 separate buyers and different time sign P&S agreements. Green Tree has refused to come up with an agreement, to the point where other buyers have backed out. I have a realtor and a lawyer on my case too. They have managed to get my work provided cell phone number which is not even in my name nor is it billed to me at all. They continued harrassing me even when i told them it was a work phone and they couldnt call it. The threatened me with court and taking my work wages. This is unacceptable and very unprofessional behavior. The green tree rep kept harassing me, and threating to take my money with court. I said to send all paperwork to the Realtor and lawyer on the file. They said there was not any realtor or lawyer in the file (which is a lie, as both have been calliong and speaking with folks for at least 6 months). This is absolutely rediculous, and i understand why people finally give in and take their own life because of these types of bloodsuckers. It wasent ewnough for them to charge 15%+ interest of which i paid for 7 yrs till i couldnt anymore and started begging for help from them... I blame untruthful lending by mortgage brokers and mortgage companies for the poor economy. Yes its partially my fault, but i was blatenly lied to when i sighned my mortgage. I trusted my broker thinking i hired them and they work for me and wthey would protect my interests. Yeah right... What a fool i was... NEVER AGAIN!!!

1 Response
      • Cb
        c b taltonius Oct 17, 2012

greentree is the worst absoulute worst company i've ever dealt with. the girl i talked to about my pmnt was extremely rude and unprofessional. asking me stupid questions of why i couldnt make my pmnt on time it was 2 weeks late, but not cause for the shotty way i was talked to. they have not paid my homeowners ins last year and neither my property taxes out of my escrow. they also stole money out of my escrow account.and when bank of america sold my loan to greentree, it has been hell ever since. they put a physical paper note on my house the first month they took over from boa telling me to "call them immediatly" these people have no idea what they are doing and everybody i've talked to who've had greentree as a mortgage provider say they suck in all areas of customer service. and i agree! greentree shoul be shut down by the federal govt but they are probably connected to the illuminati so the govt wont touch them. scoundrels! brood of vipers!

Green Tree MortgageTerrible experience!

Every year, Green Tree requires me to fax proof of insurance. Every year, I get my agent to fax this information to them. The next year, they want it AGAIN. I have never been without homeowner's insurance, and the previous mortgage services (Greenpoint & NationsBanc) never did this harassment. Sometimes these letters (I just got one) are accompanied by phone calls where the Green Tree sharks try to talk you into buying their bloated insurance ($1600 vs $1100 I am paying currently). No matter what you tell them, they insult your intelligence and badger you about better coverage and such. They are relentless! If you don't give them the proof of insurance they want, they threaten (in writing) to buy insurance for you (and change your monthly payment). They are quite rude and condescending.

2 Responses
        • Ne
          netta49 Jan 30, 2010

Thank God we paid greentree and sold our mobile home

• Jr
          jritchie777 Jul 31, 2009

GreeTree is the worst - rude, threatening, asking for way more information that should even concern them. They need to be taught a lesson - there has to be a legal course of action to take against them.