Gov-records.com Complaints & Reviews

Gov-records.comfalse advertising

This is an online search of public records which I paid $39.95 to become a member. After entering countless names of various friends and family, I have not been able to locate anyone - even myself.
I've tried typing in the required information for births, deaths, marriages, etc., and am so frustrated. I feel like I got ripped off.
This site is not user-friendly nor does it deliver on its claims to locate the records of people you're trying to find.
What a waste of time and money!
Sincerely,
Mindy Hagen

4 Responses
    • El
      ELLEN L. LEE Nov 20, 2008

I HAVE ASK FOR A REFUND OF 39.95 AND HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM. THEY ARE NO HELP TO ME AT ALL.

• So
      sophia roxon Nov 13, 2008

I just purchased one year membership and could see within minutes it was a scam. I have just lost £20 which is a lot of money to me and didnt achieve what I wanted - I could not find a single person on their register that I know and the search always defaults to USA which is not what I needed. Rip off. Scam. Worse than useless. Don't be conned.

Mary Lawrence Oct 09, 2008

I purchased a membership for $39.00 from Gov. Records. The site is not reliable, they adveristed that you can locate any one and they can be contacted 24 hours, they don't even give a telephone number where they can be reached. When you use their sites it take you to another site where you have to pay another fee. I could not find anyone on their sites, but other sites I could. This site is false advertising.

• Ju
      Justin Jul 31, 2008

Useless... I cannot locate persons that should come up from using this site. I can't even find myself on it, and they are unreachable. I have left emails to their tech department and have hadno reply.

Gov-records.comRefund requested and ignored

I purchased 1 year membership through http://www.gov-records.com for $29.95 Order Number 36SEHNGN under the sites conditions "Software Doctor Inc. is pleased to be able to provide unlimited ACCESS TO THE PUBLIC RECORDS RESOURCE DIRECTORY on the RecordsArea.com website to those who accept the terms of this Membership Registration Agreement and make applicable payment."

I did, as agreed upon, and could not get FULL ACCESS to PUBLIC RECORDS. I notified the company on many occasions and they said they would have their technicians look into it. Then, they offered me a longer term of membership and I said NO----I just want my money refunded since I could not do what the company said I would be able to do. The company technicians said they could not find any information on the records I was trying to locate. I found the records through a different source and I want my money refunded immediately. Since the last statement I have heard NOTHING from that company for at least 2 to 3 weeks. They have dissapeared and will not answer any of my e-mails.

If this cannot be rectified within the next few days, I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau Complaint department.

Sincerely,

Colleen Freund

Respond

Gov-records.com — Rip off!

When searching the State of Michigan government site, I saw the site stating 'All Public Records in One...

Gov-records.comScam!

They charge a fee and then the searches come up with practically nothing. I found more information in white pages and super pages. There is no way to contact them. The "contact us" link just takes you to canned answers. Complete waste of money.

9 Responses
          madashell01 Aug 15, 2009

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

I just signed up today...wish I had come to this blog first. Gov-records.com is a total rip-off. Add said $19.95 special price and then I was charged $39.95 with NO option to back out. You don't see your total cost until it too late and your money has already been STOLEN. If that wasn't bad enough, I couldn't access any of the research information that I wanted. Their website should be called "Gov-records.scam. They are useless for any kind serious of research. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON GOV-RECORDS.COM!!

• Ru
          Ruth Willis Feb 21, 2009

Have same problem as everyone else. Can not get on but they have my money. Wish I would have known this before hand I would not have done this. I am retired and need my money as well. First time I have done this and will never do it again. Lesson learned.

MaryS92 Nov 23, 2008

I also just signed up on Fri., Nov. 21st. The site states that when you pay, it automatically registers your IP address and you can go right in and obtain information. WRONG! I emailed the "contact us" link on GovRecords.com and two days later receive an email to write to another site to complain. Did that and the email asked me to register, did that too, and then went back into GovRecords.com and it told me to register again. There is NO PROBLEM with the payment link to take your money, but once you pay you go into cyber space trying to get into the system.

I also have complained to the BBB & other agencies that crack down on these companies. If nothing else, they'll pull the plug on this site.

Mary
          Realtor
          Las Vegas, NV.

• Li
          LINDA CORLEW Jul 15, 2008

Misleading totally do not order this!!!

• Sh
          Shawna T Jul 15, 2008

I have been fighting with these people for over a month now. I have sent countless emails and get nearly the same return email from them. They want original receipt of purchase for there membership and I send it only to get another message telling me to send them the receipt. DEFINITE SCAM! No contact information or phone numbers and always the same email from Josie. I am contacting paypal and filing a dispute.

• Co
          connie saufferer Jun 09, 2008

I want my money back !!! This is a scam. I wish I would have checked into this..I looked up things I knew where true and nothing came up.. Please send my money back with in 24 hours. You wanted my money to go on this sight now I want you to pay me back please. Connie Saufferer.

• Li
          LINDA CORLEW Mar 25, 2008

THIS COMPANY IT CALLs IT SELF IS MISINFORMING ITHE PUBLIC WITH WHAT IT CAN DO IT HAS NOT GIVEN ME ANY INFORMATION LOOKING FOR A PHONE NUMBER TO REACH THIS COMPANY TRY AND GET A REFUND TOTAL RIP OFF

• Ro
          robin Mar 13, 2008

Is there a way i can sue these people for ripping me off.

• Ha
          Harriet B Wenger Feb 08, 2008

I am desperately trying to find the necessary information to be able to cancel my Gov-Records.com subscription. Can someone please help me??

Thank you. I shall anticipate a reply soon.