Good Ole Boys Complaints & Reviews

Good Ole BoysAutomotive

I began bringing small repairs to this shop because it was next door to my local Oreilly's. The shop owner and tech were always kind and courteous. However, once I began to bring my larger, more complicated repairs into the shop, they became incompetent and untrustworthy. A repair that would have cost me $400-$500 elsewhere was now going to cost me almost $1000! The fact of the matter is that they just are not certified for the more complicated repairs (anything beyond brakes, oil, and sparkplugs). If you don't mind uncertified garage boys working on your vehicles, then send them on in. However, if you want certified automotive technicians, go elsewhere.

• Za
      ZaphodB Oct 13, 2014

Identical experience. Quoted in the ballpark of $1000 for a repair, and Firestone fixed it for less than half that. Insane mark-ups. The guys seem so friendly and nice, so I don't know if it's just a great scam or a simple matter of not being qualified for more in-depth repair work. Most previous experiences with GOB weren't that bad.

Good Ole BoysRip-off!

Had fixed something on our car, and 1 month later problem arrised again. We let them be aware about warranty sill being valid, they Said it was not that problem again that it was something else, that took 4 hours to repair, in which they made that determination in 45 minutes and would charge us 300.00 for labor so we took somewhere else for second opinion. After telling new location what they had said was wrong he did the 4 hours labor to find out that the new problem did not exist and it was the orgingal problem, but since the labor had been done we had to pay. We are suspicious with how they made the decision of it being the new problem in 45 minutes when it took the 2nd place 4 hours to find the part they said was broken and it not actually be broken.

• Za
        ZaphodB Oct 13, 2014

This sounds a lot like some of my experiences. Recurring problems, absurd wait times (sometimes days), and extreme price gouging. I saved myself $500 on my last repair by getting fed up with GOB and getting another opinion at a chain-wide mechanic.