ADVERTISIMENT

GM credit card Complaints & Reviews

GM credit cardBogus GM Card Bonus Earnings

At the end of Feb 2011, I accessed Manage Your Earnings on the GM Card website & while in my account, I ran across Your Personal Offers. When I selected Your Personal Offers, the result was bonus earnings of $1, 500 - $3, 000 for the period 3/1/11 – 5/2/11. I printed the screen since it contained the earnings code # needed to get the bonus earnings. When purchasing a new Chevy, the dealer ran the code # & said it was only for $500. We called the GM card & even faxed the printout. End result was that the GM Card would only give me $500. I bought the car anyway, but I am fighting for the additional $1, 000 since the Chevy I bought was eligible for $1, 500. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone else have evidence of this special offer?

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
    • G0
      G089372 Apr 13, 2011

I just bought an equinox (4/13/11). When I called the GM rebates program with the phone number on the back of the card, I was informed of a 1000 bonus to my rebate balance. I got the bonus code from the representative on the phone and the dealer applied it to my deal. I ended up with 2, 200 plus a bonus 1000 off the car. I was not able to use a supplier discount pricing deal with the my bonus earnings. Still, I am pretty happy. Clearly there are new restrictions on these earnings that did not exist prior to bankruptcy.

GM credit cardAPR increase

GM raises its rate from 9.9% to 30.9 % without any courtesy phone call after a late payment. They, according to them, do not have the customer service power to make such call, nor they can they send an email warning or reminder. despite me signing up for all the alerts possible, no warning was issued and the rate changed with no notice. If I had not researched the APR which is not on the statement online unless you ask for it, I would not have found out. Customer representative was arrogant, refused to give her full name, and claimed 30.9% was the only rate GM had at the moment!!! Her supervisor could only apologize pretending to be helpful but taking zero action to rectify the problem. You wonder how they get business, or maybe they are trying to finance their car business without the help of the government.
    Seek another credit card company...

Comment Guidelines