Gear Guys Complaints & Reviews

Gear GuysSCAM

I bought a longboard from these guys almost a year ago 7/03/08, cost me $175. I thought it was a good deal considering it being a complete board. But weeks went by and I still haven't received it. I constantly emailed them but they would never respond. I called them many times and it always went straight to their voice mail. Never got a call back. I tried to go on their site "www.gearguys.com", but it was down, probably not buy coincidence. Today is 03/15/09 and I still have not heard from them. DON'T BUY FROM THEM! IT'S A SCAM

Comment Guidelines

3 Responses
    • Ge
      gearguysaregood Oct 08, 2009

GearGuys in Australia are not affiliated in anyway with GearGuys USA. They used to sell skate stuff and we (yes - I work for them) sell Outdoor Gear - clothing, tents, backpacks, footwear etc. Hope this helps. Sorry to hear about your sale fall through. I would encourage you guys check us out. We are going good and we are uber reliable.

• Sh
      shakadude Apr 30, 2009

I had great luck from Gearguys, I think maybe they are now part of the Gearguys in Australia selling different merchandise down under? Would agree though that they definitely were not a scam.

• Gi
      Gimmecat Apr 04, 2009

K, here's the thing. I've bought lots of stuff from GearGuys and Boardsports, untill about a year ago when they dropped of the map. My last order never shipped and I found that my credit card was refunded, but I was still kinda miffed. I later found out that the company actually went bankrupt. Sorry you're mad, but GG and BS weren't scams.

XOXOX

Gear GuysNo response

Today is Jan 11th, 2009 and for months I have been trying to get the status of my order and no one replies to my E-mails and no one answers the telephone number that was on the website. I spent $199.98 and requested a refund and no response. I still await for a response.

Comment Guidelines

2 Responses
      • Ge
        gearguysaregood Oct 08, 2009

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience with GearGuys USA. I just want to put on the record that I work for GearGuys Australia and we are not affiliated with this site at all. Just in case there is anyone checking us out and possibly getting the wrong impression from your experience above.

Our range is quite different. Gearguys.com sold skate gear and we sell outdoor gear - clothing, tents, packs, footwear etc for adventure and travel. We are rock solid and reliable.

Thanks and have a great day.

anjellaaxd Mar 16, 2009

Same thing happened to me! I bought a long board from them almost a year ago July 3rd 2008, spent 175 on it.. till this day March 15, 2009, i have not received it. I constantly emailed them, but they would never reply. I called them millions of times, but it would always go to voicemail, they never called me back either. Of course, they never gave me my money back. Also, for some reason, the emails I received from them disappeared from my inbox, it wasn't in my trash either and I NEVER delete my emails. This happened the same time their site went down. Coincidence? I think not