GE Washing Machine Complaints & Reviews

GE Washing Machinerepairman came will replace machine. still no machine after a month

On June 3, 2017 a repairman came to look at my GE washer machine. He said they have numerous complaints about that mode I would be receiving a new machine. On June 9 Spirit Delivery called and my new machine was damaged, a new one would be ordered. A new machine was to be delivered on June 11, June 27, June 29 and July 10. And July 11. Needless to say I hVe taken off all those days to accept delivery. No machine ever came. The costumer service line are no help they just passed my calls to different departments. The supervisor Cassandra gave me her phone extension and email and told me to call her and text her if I did not get a call from delivery company. Well I called 5 times left email messages and she never got back to me. I have been going to laundry mat and I should be compensated for the over 100.00 I have spent washing and drying my clothes and for the days I have missed from work. Maybe you can help me. Right now I would never recommend or buy another GE appliance. Thank you. Gloria Kelly. [protected]. Email. [protected]@aol.com

Respond

GE Washing MachineExtended warranty

I purchase a washing machine 2yrs ago at the time i purchased what i thought was a 2yr extended warranty. My washer broke down and when i called conn's i was told that the warranty had expired... Seems that the 1st year of the warranty ran along with the manufactures warranty. Conns is a rip off and will not stand by their products. Sad thing is at the same time i purchased the washer i also purchased a dryer, a new fridge and a set of mattress

1 Response
      • Valerie Dec 11, 2007

I bought a ge wash machine about 2 years ago, it is not working properly. I made an appointment for service, it took about 7 day to get a service person to my house. I made the appointment for about 400 pm, because I work a delivery driver and sometimes I do not know when I am going to finish. I was told that 400pm would be fine. On the day of my service call I got home about 300pm, but too my disbelief the technician had been already been there. He left messages on my home and cell phones informing me of his status.I tried to call someone from this no. [protected], but when I told her of my problem her name is Ms townsend. she was very unhelpful.I asked to contact the service person, but she refused because he had cancelled the call, How can he do this when I made the appointment for 400pm and he arrived at 230pm. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but was told that there was no one above her. That was not what I wanted to hear,sorry was he word she used, but it sounded scripted she did not try to help in any way. She told me to call a local repair person to accommodate my schedule, again great customer service. I know you t ge are a large company, however I am very dissatisfied with lack of service and poor attitude and your washing machine. Please help me to get some customer satisfaction because You have lost me...

GE Washing Machineflood due to poor installation

WHEN ‘POLICY” SUPERCEEDS LOGIC

We almost lost our home to a flood because Sears would not make an exception to their “policy” of not scheduling repairs on a Sunday.

We ordered a washing machine from Sears. They came to install it on 7/26/2017 which was a Saturday. THEY LEFT A PART OFF FROM THE OLD MACHINE CLAIMING IT WAS NOT NECESSARY. After installation there was a small drip coming from one of the hoses, it quickly turned into a full spray of water from the hose FLOODING OUR HOME. We called them back and they came and said it was a drainage problem with the building (We live in a condo). Later that night we called Sears again speaking to a representative named "Claudia" who said that because it was not during business hours so they cannot send anyone out a plumber. The reason was because it is not Sears policy to schedule repairs after 5:00PM on Saturday. We then contacted our Management company who sent a plumber to snake the pipes.

The next day (which was Sunday) 7/27 water started spraying again FLOODING OUR HOME. We called Sears. First I spoke to a representative named “Erica” put us through to a Manager named “Marcus”. Marcus could not help as it was “Sears policy not to schedule repairs on a Sunday”. I was then transferred to “Alex” in Sears National Relations Department and Ultimately “Mark” the Supervisor of the National Relations Department. They too were unable to help because it was “against Sears policy to schedule repairs on Sunday.

In the end a second plumber called by our Condo Management company was called in and after inspection realized the problem was that the piece Sears repair service claimed was “not necessary” needed to be re-installed.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS AGAIN

1 Response
        • Kf
          kfussell64 Oct 26, 2010

On September 21, 2017, we went to the Best Buy store in Baton Rouge and purchased a new GE washer and dryer. We had placed 4 service calls for the washing machine with the last call being made on October 17, 2017. Every service call was for a different problem with the washing machine. We spoke with a supervisor at 1-888-Best Buy on October 17 due to the ongoing problems with the washing machine and the fact that the service man who was called out to work on the washing machine made numerous appointments and never called nor showed up. The supervisor we spoke to told us to go back to the store where we had purchased the washer, inform them of the problems and they would replace the washer with a new one. I went into the store on October 20 and spoke with the appliance manager, informed him of the problems and after telling him I was not going to have the washer serviced again, he finally began to process the order for the new unit. On the original purchase, we paid the fee for delivery and set-up and the appliance manager was trying to make me pay this fee again to exchange the defective product that was sold to me from the very beginning. After spending more than an hour in the store trying to get this matter handled, delivery of the new washing machine was scheduled for Saturday, October 23 (Order #[protected]). Saturday came and we received no call nor delivery of the new unit. On Monday, October 26, I called and spoke with the store manager regarding this and after research, learned the washing machine was on back order and it would be a couple of weeks before I could get the new unit. I then asked him why the delivery had been scheduled for Saturday (as clearly stated on the order). His reply was simply "I cannot answer that question." At that point, I told him I wanted him to go back to the appliance department and find another GE washing machine comparable to the one we had purchased and I wanted it out here this week. I received a call from him yesterday after informing me he was able to locate another unit and scheduled delivery for tomorrow, October 27.
          I cannot begin to express my dissatisfaction and anger with Best Buy in this entire matter. In the month and a half I have owned this new washing machine, I have been able to wash only 7 loads of clothes. I have had to endure the time, expense and aggravation of taking my laundry to a washateria when I have a brand new (non-working) washing machine in my home. The actions of the service man called out each time to work on the unit with numerous scheduled appointments with no-shows/no calls and then when he did show, his wife was present with him were totally unprofessional and rude.
          No offer nor apology has been extended by Best Buy in my problems and expenses incurred with this purchase. If this is what I can expect from Best Buy, I will never again step foot in a Best Buy store and I will inform anyone and everyone of my most unpleasant experience.
          Karen Fussell