GE profile refrigerator Complaints & Reviews

GE profile refrigeratorRefrigerator out food lost and poor customer service

We purchased a GE Profile Refrigerator around 2007... The refrigerator never kept a consistent temperature ... Fruits and vegetables froze in the drawers other foods spoiled... Constantly threw out food... Repairman would come and fix this and fix that never completely resolving problem! Finally GE gave us $700 on a new GE fridge... We have had this one for 4 years... Same problems... Same stories from Customer service... We have been without a refrigerator for 2 weeks...GE sent a repairman out... He said it was the fan motor tried to charge us $300 for coming out... Customer service called us said they would give us $100 to cover food lost... Really? After 4 more years of throwing out food! They would send a repairman out to replace fan motor ! Another week and he calls the morning he is supposed to come out and asks if we received the part in the mail... No we did not! Of course he has to order part which will be another week!! This has been totally crazy ... I would say that GE knew all these Fan motors were bad, why did they not volunteer to replace them to begin with? Poor service!!!i would like a full refund on this fridge... I will never buy another G E refrigerator! Give us the full price of fridge so we can get a fridge that works properly!

GE profile refrigeratorPoor Quality

I purchased a GE Profile Side by Side along with a full kitchen full of GE appliances just over two years ago. We have had trouble with a very loud cabinet fan and a ice maker that leaks water and does not make ice at all. GE refuses to care about their customers and wants me to pay for a service call of $80.00 to come and see what is wrong. I had to replace the fan myself but the ice maker is still leaking inside the freezer. After repeated calls to the "customer advocate people" at GE I am told this is the best they can do and refuse to assist me any further. IF YOUR CONSIDERING NEW APPLIANCES DO NOT BUY GE ANYTHING !!!

peterpatco Jul 15, 2009

GE has REAL POOR quality products and ever POORER Customer Service. They can't even fix a door hanle correctly except to say it must be Customer Abuse. This is common for GE who I feel have the poorest Customer Service of any company I dealt with in the past. Don't BUY GE Appliances

• Ra
    RarelyComplain Nov 26, 2012

Welcome to the newest Banana Republic on earth and the land of "Brand Name" appliances made in third world countries. Hows it workin for ya?

• Ge
    GE eResponse Oct 29, 2013

Hello, this is Donna with GE. I am so sorry to hear about your experience with your GE refrigerator. We would like to help. So that we can work with you directly, can you email us your contact information and details at [email protected] please? Thank you.

GE profile refrigeratorBAD GASKETS

We've had snow in the freezer since the first day this unit was delivered. I've had the gaskets replaced a few times already (because of an extended warranty that I purchased). The gaskets are ALL bad. If you stand near the refrigerator, you can actually feel the cold air leaking out. Both the freezer and the refrigerator gaskets are bad.

GE offers no other option, other than to keep changing the defective gaskets with more defective gaskets.

GE profile refrigeratorGE Customer Service Stinks

My less than 1 year old GE Profile Refrigerator has quit working last Friday, today is Monday and I am still trying to get someone out here to fix it. The earliest I could schedule appt. is for Tuesday afternoon. I spoke with Customer Relation's today and she said that when the tech does come out, he has to diagnose the problem then order the part, so until whatever part has to come in, I will still be without a refrigerator... I would not buy ANY product that is a GE product, if my life depends on it. BUYER BEWARE!!!

peterpatco Jul 15, 2009

GE Products, service and Customer Relations Stink. Beware of GE Appliances they break down

• Dv
    dveneroso Jul 13, 2010

My less than one year old 2, 000.00 refrigerator stopped working Tuesday and I have to wait until Friday to get a person to come and look at it. Good thing I had my 15 year old Fridgedare still working in the basement to put all of my food in it.

GE profile refrigeratorPoor quality product

I have a 2 year old GE Profile side by side refrigerator. I came home and found the temperature was 113 degrees F inside. There is a temperature sensor which did read 113 degrees. Based on how hot everything was, I believe it was correct. As odd as it seems to me, the refrigerator then suddenly started working again.

The point is there must be a design flaw in this refrigerator. I am trying to get GE to send someone out to go over the system and at least explain to me how this happens, no service person available, of course. Not sure how often I can look forward to this sort of thing happening...

Do not buy this refrigerator!!!

• Fa
    fancy Sep 02, 2008

call ge and have a tech look at it. they are pretty good.
    the tech I know reccomends that the power control board (located behind the refrigerator) be replaced.

Make sure he a ge factory service technician..

Chirper Jul 08, 2009

I have a 1-year-old PFIC1NFWABV refrigerator and the thermostat control is shot. I can't believe a new refrigerator is giving this kind of trouble. Steer clear of GE anything. They are a suck company with suck products. Everything else in my renovated kitchen is working well.

GE Products SUCK. Stay clear of GE

GE profile refrigeratorfreezer door and ice maker problem

for the last 7 months i have been having problems with my GE Profile Refrigerator M#PFIC1NFWABV S# ZM301321. It started with the freezer door gasket then it went to snow building up in the freezer compartment, then to freezing of the door hindges due to snow build up, then to a noisy compressor and finally to a bad ice maker. I am frustrated that service techs are sent to my house and none of them show any motivation or courtesy to try and further resolve these issues. I have had ge come out at least three times and Afgo which is a company ge uses come out twice. I am not happy at all with this type of refrigerator and with the service GE has been offering me I would appreciate it if I can have a different refrigerator sent out. this refrigerator is only 7 months old and has been a nightmare. I have called customer relations and all I get from them is there is nothing we can do. That is not an answer that a prestigious and well known company should offer a consumer. I would appreciate if someone who truly appreciates and values the integrity that the company stands for, corrects this issue and satisfies a very unhappy consumer.

With Sincere Appreciation
Luigi Campanella

• Lu
    Luigi Campanella Jul 25, 2008

With Sincere Appreciation
    Luigi Campanella

• Do
    Don in VA Jun 25, 2009

Our GE side-by-side which came along with the house we bought is only about 5 years old and it is a disaster. Started out by freezing all the produce and parts of the rest of the fridge. Replaced some cheap damper (tech had to reorder because part number provided by GE was wrong). Now, the freezer will not seal. Bounces open when the fridge door is closed (actually, about 1/2 the time). Techs are puzzled. Help, this really sucks! Unless something changes soon I will NEVER by a GE EVER again.
    Don in Virginia

peterpatco Jul 15, 2009

I fully agree. I have a similar problem with GE, their service techs and their Customer Relations. I guess the almight buck means more to GE than happy customers or honoring warranties, The more word get;s out the less GE will sell appliances. Get the word out "Don't Buy GE Appliances"

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices