GE Credit Complaints & Reviews

GE CreditCredit Abuse

A local dentist set up 18 months of interest free payments for dental services with GE Credit for over priced dental services not paid by my dental insurance. This was 3 years ago. I made payments on this account and according to GE Credit the 1800 dollars was not paid in the 18 month interest free period and since ( I have been making regular payments) I now owe 2400.00 3 years later. Can you believe this? in 3 years of payments I not only did NONE of my payments reduce the balance during the interest free 18 month period but I incurred late charges and interest charges that now have me owing more than my original bill. The interest rate, of course is 29.99% and they will not reveal the amount of late charges, nor will they provide an audit on the account for the payments made from the time it was opened until now. They also will not close the account and allow me to pay it off without incurring any more interest charges. The did offer a reduced payoff of something like 2000.00 but I refused. I want a lower payoff. I don't think I should accept a payoff of more than what I financed to begin with. Here is the "scam" they pulled. The payment amount they offered was an amount too low to pay off the balance in 18 months. Therefore, when it did not get paid in 18 months I believe an enormous penalty was applied to the account and I've been making payments each month but the late charges and interest are more than the payments - I will never get this paid off in my life time. This is fraud at it's worst. GE Credit Intentionally assigned a lower payment than needed to payoff the interest free loan in order to scam customers into this high interest high late charge loan. The fact that nobody is denied is proof of that and partnering with Dentists is just despicable. The Dentist is probably getting kick backs for their part in this fraud.

Comment Guidelines

2 Responses
    • Ba
      bajaskier Jan 05, 2009

Try contacting the Office of Thrift Supervision at www.ots.treas.gov
      For some reason, GE listens to them.

Record all telephone conversation. Be sure to tell them you are recording the conversation. Tell GE to send you a copy of the bill return to receipt requested in order to prove that they sent it to you. Say "it is for their protection" as well as yours of course. DO NOT PAY ANY INTERST OR LATE FEES based on their inaility to send you an invoice or credit the wrong account. If no satisfaction, take them to small claims court.

This is a running scam by GE Moneybank. See all the other complaints.

• Do
      Donald Webb Jan 05, 2009

I've payed 6 payments to an account number that they say was closed says I have a new account number but will only give me the last 4 numbers to it keeps saying a statement is in the mail but never arrives, would like full account number before next payment is due to get proper credit

GE CreditError

I had 90 day interest free loan from GE Credit in 2003.

I paid the bill in 2003 in 60 days IN FULL

now they are saying I didnt pay the bill and have ruined my credit score.

I ve written several letters to GE Credit and the credit bureaus with my docs showing paid in full.

nothing is being done.

i call GE and they insist I didnt pay. they are in India and when I say, , I want a US Rep, they say, , NO, impossible to get one.

I feel stuck.

I paid my bill yet my FICO score is down 70 points for a charge off.

Any hints how I can get ahold of some GE Exec and work to resolve this?

thanks

Comment Guidelines

3 Responses
      • Sh
        Sheeyah Jul 06, 2009

I know I posted a comment, but I had been having some technical difficulties with this site lately, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Anyway, basically what I said before was that it sounded like you had grounds for a lawsuit. I think you could get AT LEAST the amount they say you owe plus court costs and lawyer fees. If they've harrassed you (and continue to do so), make note of it and you can even file a complaint with your Attorney General.

It sounds like you've already gotten your credit report, but do so if you haven't. It'll lead you on the process for disputing errors.

You sound like a nice guy. You might have to be mean to get them off your back, though.

• Do
        Don Daniels Jul 05, 2009

Hi There!!

I cant believe someone actually read my comment.. i am super impressed.

thanks whomever you are, , much appreciated.

I bought my mom a leather lazy boy chair for her BD in 2003.

I gave them my CC but the sales person said, , WHY not take advantage of our 90 day interest free credit?? I said, , what the heck, , i can keep the money a bit longer and signed up for it.

I got nervous getting the 2 monthly statements from GE Credit and paid the bill in full after the 2nd statement, , 60 days later.

All went well from 2003 to 2008. Mom loved her birthday chair, , life was good.

Then in 2008 on July 8th, I get a call from an attorney from Neuheisel Law Firm in Arizona threatening me to pay or else. I couldnt imagine what he was speaking about??

I said GE credit??? i havent charged there ever.. Then he said Bassett Furniture in Fl.

I said I am sure I paid it.. He said NO, YOU DIDNT pay it.. AND if you dont pay NOW, I will ruin your credit and take you to court. WOW.. interest was now +$200 added to the $418.00 chair.

I sent them all the data needed to substantiate the bill. Copy of the bill of sale of the chair, the signed agreement with GE and a copy from Wachovia of the paid check.

I called them every 2 months for an update after they received my docs and they said, , its in process.

Then, they contacted all the credit bureaus and my FICO goes from 820 to 740. I was stunned that this charge back appreared after I cleared this mess up.

I sent 3 certified letters with supporting docs to the major bureaus and just heard from Experian and they stated "Upon careful review of your information, we determined that wer are not able to use it".

I have had over 800 FICO scores for most of my adult life, , paid every bill... Does anyone really think I am going to ruin it all for $418?????

OMG, , this is frustrating. I called GE several times only to be connected to customer service in India and they say, , Youre account has been sold WE cannot help you.

Its hard when you have done the right thing, , paid your debt early but because of some internal error get screwed. I just wish I knew a number at GE Money bank of a manager and could have 5 minutes of their time to clear this up.

Thanks a bunch for your ear !!!

Don in Florida

• Sh
        Sheeyah Jul 05, 2009

I have had a similar situation happen to me where I sent payment in full yet had to deal with a company that said I didn't. Eventually, the company backed off.

You need to give some more details about your situation. Is a collection company calling you? Have you disputed the debt with the credit bureaus? (That is, you said you wrote a letter but there is a process for disputing inaccurate/false information.)

The best thing to do to contact them by certified mail, that way you know they received your letter. If your account is listed as delinquent phone calls will automatically be directed accordingly (unless you don't enter any account info and just speak to an operator). Outsourced "customer service" is unreliable at best.