Ge Capital Care Credit Complaints & Reviews

Ge Capital Care CreditConsumer fraud and shady business practices

I singed up for this credit plan with my signature only at my eye doctors office. Nothing was explained and I did not receive any information by mail after that. I used the website address to enroll in automatic payments with them. I was never told that I had a promotional period and was not informed of the huge interest amount that was later applied to my balance I had paid down my 4 k $ loan to 1k when I noticed that my balance was still at $4k. I was shocked of course and tried calling, using their online contact info several times and they were always busy Finally got to talk to a young lady and was told that I could not pay off my previous balance and that there was nothing they could do for me. They are also continuing to debit my bank account for more than was authorized. Is that legal?

• Ge
      GECapitalCares Jan 14, 2014

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns. Please email me at [protected]@ge.com with your name and phone number. A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.
      **To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM_011414_complaintsboard_ees **
      For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
      Nicole
      GE Capital

Ge Capital Care CreditPromotion offer

My dentist referred me to use Care Credit. It was convinvence at time. They kind explain about promotional offer, but I did not know what was the catch. I sent Automatic fund transfer through my checking and that was it.
    After 1 year later, I received email said mimimum balanced reduced. I thought becuase my balance droped, so minimum droped. Then i changed amount of ATF. Not I start receiving this strange phone call from GE. They said I am over due of 34 dollars. I said it can't be!? They said promotional offer is expired last month and 1500 dollars add as interest charge for 2years. Now my balance back to where I borrwoed at Dentist 2years ago. That was the result of over due and my minimum payment increased. They said it was my responsibility to check e-statement.

• Ge
        GECapitalCares Apr 29, 2013

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 042913_cb_promo**

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to try and resolve your concerns. Please email me at [protected]@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
        - Mailing address associated with the account
        - Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,