ge capital Complaints & Reviews

ge capitalfraud/harrassment

In January 2010 I went to the dentist and was told by Care Credit that I would have one year interest free account. I did not receive a February statement and I called them and got India and they REFUSED to tell me what my monthly payment was, demanded my ACCOUNT NUMBER which I did not have and I gave them all the pertinent information, dentist, amount, etc., etc., etc., In March, same issue, no statement and I called, got INDIA again and they again REFUSED but informed me I was PAST DUE but would not give me an address to send them money, etc. etc. Finally in APRIL a statement shows up... and I send my monthly payments. I did not receive a FREE 12 month interest free loan... WROTE TO THEM and no response...
In February 2011, I again had dental work completed and used them again ($1400.00), with the wrong assumption, it would be 12 months interest free and I have paid them EVERY MONTH, over the amount due, and now in October, 2011, I STILL OWE $1422.00. I paid $500.00 in September and last week $100.00, which they have conveniently not applied and the calls are starting. GOT A NICE RUDE AMERICAN, today and find that the interest free 2011 dental work is ONLY six months. I asked them to stop calling me and they informed me they would call as often as they pleased. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CARE CREDIT, GE CAPITAL.

• Ph
    phillip campagna Dec 19, 2007

When ever you use a money order Ge Capital acts as if they never recieved the payment

• Ge
    GECapitalCares Oct 26, 2011

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
    - Mailing address associated with the account
    - Your contact phone number
    - Reference code DM 102611_cbcc

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
    Nicole
    GE Capital

• Ju
    Julia Cope Aug 19, 2013

I had to have hearing aids in 2008 and my audiologist suggested I borrow $2800.00 from Care Credit which I did. For unemployment reasons I was unable to pay the loan off in the allotted time, and even got behind in some payments but when I set down to add up everything I have paid them I have more than paid this amount off. I have paid way over $6000.00 already and they are still charging me. I called and spoke to a customer service representative and she told me that This amount was charged in August 2008 and charged again in September 2008. I do not recommend any one to use care credit or GE Capital Bank. There is a law against stilling and it should also apply to corporations. Does anyone know of a good lawyer?

• Ge
    GECapitalCares Aug 20, 2013

Hi Julia -

We tried contacting you via the number associated with your accout, but were unable to leave a message. Please email me at [email protected] with and reference DM 082013_cb_JuliaCope and a phone number where you can best be reached and we'll call you to assist.

Nicole
    GE Capital

ge capitalHarassment

GE Capital calls regarding a "delinquent account, " every 2 hours, inlcuding in the evening past 8:30 p.m., and on weekends. This account is for a Lowe's credit card in which the account has been closed and the payment arrangments were made with a Lowe's payment account representative. The calls come from various numbers and are a pre-recorded message. The calls come to my home number and now to my cell number and are nothing short of harassment. It would be pointless to even try to block the numbers, since they apparently change their calling numbers every few weeks. I have been current with this account for the last week, and yet they continue to call relentlessly.

• Ri
    Ria20 Oct 19, 2012

I strongly agree because I am a victim of them as well, these devils will empty your checking account even if all you had left were a few pennies, they'd take them too!!!

ge capitalRefused to accept termination notice of lease agreement

In the fall of 2005, our church voted to pick up a four-year lease agreement with GE Capital on a copier that was being used by a ministry that our church supports. In May 2008, as time drew near for us to contact GE Capital to inform them as to whether we would renew the lease or terminate, we made contact with a representative with GE Capital who verbally instructed us to submit a letter to them stating our intent to terminate the lease at the end of the lease period, to which GE would intruct us what to do with the copier. We submitted the letter, stating that we would seek to terminate the lease and asked for instructions on what to do with the copier.

In June 2008, we received a letter from GE stating that we needed to contact them by written statement, informing them of our intent to either renew the lease or terminate the lease. Once more, we submitted said statement, seeking to terminate the lease at the end of the lease period and asking for instructions on what to do with the copier.

As the time drew nearer to the time that the lease was du up for renewal, we had received no contact from GE Capital, so we began seeking to make contact with them by phone. We made several attempts to reach a company representative, using their touch-tone automated system. Each time, while manuervering through the sequence of instructions, before reaching a representative, the line would be disconeected. Several attempts were made, each resulting in being disconnected. On one occassion, we did make contact with a representative, was placed on hold, and was eventually disconntected before having an opportunity to discuss the matter. Follow-up attempts by phone resulted in being disconnected before making contact with a company representative.

In October 2008, the lease came due and was automatically renewed for one year, yet still, at this time, we had received no contact from GE Capital. When the first billing statement arrived, we submitted another letter with the bill, stating that we had made several attempts to terminate the lease and that we were not obligated to pay the bill.

Every month which followed, we received a billing statement, to which we either wrote on the bill that the lease had been terminated or we would submit another letter stating such. All the while, we attempted to telephone the company, but met the same results as earlier.

In November 2009, we received notice that the account had been turned over to a collection agency. We submitted oour paperwork of the attmepts we had made and supporting documentation to the collection agency, stating the reason why that we disputed the charge. The collection agency refused to either look at or refer to our paperwork showing that we had not only met out obligations in trying to terminate the lease, but had exceeded our obligations to do so. The collection agency has refused to work with us and investigate our side of the situation, but continues to press us to make a settlement for about one-half of the original amount in dispute.

Resolved ge capitalCheating customers

I had an account with mervyns. As you know mervyns went bankrupt and closed all it's stores in Nevada. All accounts were taken over by Ge Capital/ Money Bank. The amount on my card had reached to $544 due to late fees and intrests and penalties. I had fallen into hard times and could not pay the fess at the time. January of this year, i recieved a phone call from an agent from GE telling me that a settlement offer was available to me. I was told the debt would seetle for $164. I told them i would do it but i had to wait for my taxes to come in on February 6th and got the number to call them to verify when i had the money. On February 6th, i had called them as i promised and was told the settlement offer was still good. They asked me for my credit card, but due to lack of funds on my card i asked if there was another way. I was told if i did a quick payment it would survice. So as soon as i ended the call i went to a store and sent them the payment. Yesterday i opened a bill from them requesting the remaining balance of the $544 and noticed the payment i sent them was deducted for the total. I immediately called the customer service on the mervyns bill who then told me the seetlment offer was never given to me. He then transferred me to a diffrent department who told me that the settlment offer was denied with no reason. After argueing with that person, i was given a number to call which did not work. I called the customer service who then told me that i had declined the offer. Then he sent me back to the same department he sent me before and gave me the number to the collectors. I talked to the agent who then told me that nothing was noted about the settlement offer, then told me the offer had expired on the day i was given the call, then told me i declined it. Interesting part is that if nothing was noted, how did i get three diffrent reasons about the offer, how did i know the amount the offer was for and where to send it? Thier response, I had to fax them the letter sent to me, and write to inquires to check the recorded phone calls. Since they had nothing noted about the settlement offer i had to prove i was right and that nobody in the company just got lazy and did not document the letter being sent or any of the phone calls.
Anybody have any suggestions?