GE Appliance Complaints & Reviews

GE Appliancege 30in 5 cu ft gas range

I purchased a beautiful gas range online from home depot on april 25. I turned on the oven and noticed a overwhelming smell of gas coming from the storage drawer from under the oven, just thought it was because first use. Second I turned it on same thing! The smell both times was so strong the microwave vent was turned on we opened the doors and turned on ceiling fans! I called ge service to learn it would be may 31 before they could service a brand new purchase!!! He arrives may 31 turns the oven on and goes back to his truck to get his equipment! I have 4 kids in house, I vent the house and by the time he figures out how to work the gas meter the smell is minimal, which he mentions! He says he will order a part but will be june 10 before someone is back! This is the first time I have purchased a ge appliance and will be my last!! I had to buy a range because my other one the oven wasn't working! I'm still without a oven and getting no help! Just replace the damn thing so I can cook my family food!!

Respond

GE Appliance — warranty not honored

I have a GE Microwave purchased in 2005 with a 10 year warranty. After taking it to a local appliance center...

GE Appliancehighly dissapointed

Horrible company, useless, horrible customer service, rude, and no help at all! I have been trying to make an appointment for someone to come out and fix my fridge, well I have made three different appointments! Nobody showed up for any of these appointments!!! Very irritating when you sit at home waiting for them to show up, three diferent times and nobody shows!!! So after calling several different times and talking to several different people, they informed me that they were very busy and had an over flow because of the holidays, and they were canceling appointments!!!? I recieved no call from them, nothing, they cancel three of my appointments and never contacted me about it!!! They were also very rude about something that was their fault, I have been hung up on twice, and told three different times there was nothing they could do about this situation, I have also asked to speak to a supervisor, never got to speak to one!!! I only got put on hold for 30 mins, and eventually hung up on!!! I will never use ge again for anything!!

1 Response
      • Ge
        GE eResponse Jan 07, 2013

We regret to hear the difficulty you've experienced. Please email the details to us at [email protected] and we'll be glad to check into this for you. Karin from GE

GE Appliancelabor cost!

I am very frustrated by the way ge electric labor policy/cost works. My ge microwave was not working. I called the number that was supplied and was told that a serviceman would be out in two days. I was told the service call/diagnostic test would cost $74.99. When I asked about labor cost, I was told that labor depended on the job. Ok, sounds good. My window was from 1-5 pm. The serviceman arrived at 6:45 pm. Almost two hours late & could have cared less. He proceeded to tell me that the door hinge needed to be replaced {still not sure if that was really the problem} - after only 10 minutes from start to finish, my labor cost was $90.00. My bill was over $190.00 including the service call and $17.00 part. It just didn't seem right, but I had no choice in the matter. They already had me paying $74.99 to diagnose the problem and I need my microwave to work. They could have charged any cost for labor and due to the fact that the microwave needed to be fixed, I would have paid it. It just doesn't seem right. They should charge by the work and time. Changing a door hinge does not justify $90.00 in anyone's book.

2 Responses
        • Li
          Lil B Aug 01, 2016

We were unfortunate enough to have the experience with GE. It is unbelievable that this company is still as big as it is-it has the worse customer service and the worse technicians!!! We have this dishwasher that is not working and has not been working since the day we got it; techs came out, ordered wrong parts, came back again, ordered more wrong parts, then a manager in customer relations approved for us to get a new dishwasher, so another tech came out and said that the new one was diffected...lol and that he needed to order us a new one again! on top of that, that idiot disconnected all plumbing and forgot to put it back the way it is supposed to be, so my entire kitchen was coverd with water...it is a never ending story. it's been almost four months, and we still don't have a working dishwasher, although we fully paid for it! The worse company to deal with. Be smart and go with another brand!!!

• Cf
          cfoss Jun 17, 2013

Thanks for posting to the internet.

I, too, wanted to know the labor cost but was stymied by the policy. They say they charge by the job, I already have the part, so I needed to know the job charge--no one but the tech knows the job pricing. So, yes, GE can charge anything.

At least with your post, I have some idea of what they charge for a 10 minute job!