Galaxy Credit Complaints & Reviews

Galaxy CreditIdentity Fraud

Galaxy Credit called my home telling my son that he had ordered a magazine (that had previously order by us and not renewed for over a year and a half).

Telling my son to send a check in the amount of $48.00 to their PO Box in Peoria, Arizona, etc. He took their contact information and was told that when he called back he would get a receptionist and to ask for Demetrie.

He recalls receiveing a telephone call about a magazine and at the time he asked them to send him something in writing in the mail.

I called the telephone number back - after being put on hold 2x by the "receptionist" Demetrie came on the phone - I told him we had never ordered a magazine, never received a magazine and would be reporting them to the Attorney General's office. He then asked me if my son was 18 or over - I responded no. He then told me that I would need to send him proof of that - a copy of a birth certificate, etc. in order to prove that.

In the phone call his father made Demetrie told him that they had recorded the telephone call where our son had "ordered" the magazine and he owed the money because the magazine had been ordered by him and was being held until he paid for it. His father also told them nothing had ever been received and therefore they would not be paid for something that was never ordered or received. Demetrie then gave him a telephone number for a U.S. Periodicals to call to see about the magazine order teling him that they were just the middle men.

I tried the U.S. Periodicals number where a recorded (voice of an immature woman) explained they were closed with their business hours.

Later I called the magazine publisher directly and confirmed that no magazine subscription was in effect (old one expired May, 2007) nothing new was ordered or had been ordered by our name or address - and verified that the annual subscription was far below what Galaxy was claiming.

After not only discovering that this is clearly a SCAM, I believe that it is a much larger scam than to only attempt to collect payments on magazine subscriptions that do not exist but to collect identity information for IDENTITY FRAUD.

BEWARE OF GALAXY CREDIT - they clearly are not legitimate!!

Report them any way that you can.

I plan to follow all the steps necessary to protect my son's identity from this FRAUDULENT SCAM.

• Wh
    WhelR Jul 08, 2009

We too have a letter and have been told they have a recording. The only way they will provide the recording is for us to agree, in writing, to payment once we hear it. I called Air Classics Magazine, and the renewal subscription was never sent to Air Classics Magazine. Just like others, I think this is a scam. What steps did others take to protect your identity, and can they really report you as bad credit for something you never received?

Galaxy CreditMagazine Subsciption

I received a call from Galaxy Credit stating I have received a magazine subscription from US Magazine Service and have not paid since April of 2007. They stated I agreed by phone to the subscription and asked to be build and never submitted payment. I recall the phone call from some magazine service and them wanting my credit card over the phone. I said. send me a bill. The problem is I also received bill from the magazine direct and submitted payment. I followed up the call to the magazine direct and they confirmed my bill is paid in full and not due until next year 2009. They also stated that they are sending me the magazine direct and unless I am receiving two magazines a month then this is a scam. Therefore, I suggest you check into such requests for credit card payment over the phone! The associates from Galaxy are very pushy and condescending to the point of pressuring you into making payment on the spot.

Galaxy CreditIssues with merchandise not received

I received a letter from Galaxy Credit about an outstanding bill I owed the US Vet Workshop, in Surprise AZ. The letter stated I owed $59.95 for a cleaning product I purchased from the US Vet Workshop in 2007. I have also been receiving phone calls concerning this matter. First of all I am not sure who the US Vet Workshop is. I have purchased items in the past from Americans with Disabilities and I thought this was an item that bought from them, but I never received.

The first of August, I spoke with a rep from Galaxy saying that I should clear this account up with them. I told her that I had thought this had all been cleared up last summer when I talked with a representative about the cleaning solution. I even called Americans with Disabilities and they had never heard of Galaxy. Over this past week I got another phone call from Galaxy. I left a "not so nice" message on their answering machine about this issue. Telling them that after speaking with the Mississippi Attorney General's Office that I would be contacting the AZ Attorney General's Office. I received a call back about one hour after placing the call. The person I spoke with name is Demetirus. He said he was the supervisor. He was very upset that I thought this was a scam. After talking with him a while about this He started spouting off information about husband and me. He knew my maiden name, my birthday, my husband's name, birthday. He said he the last four digits of my SS number. When he called out those numbers they were wrong. This is scary!

I have tried to call the US Vet Workshop about this issue and I keep getting a fax machine number.

Galaxy CreditI am sure it's a scam!

I just received a letter from Galaxy Credit, PO Box 5628

Peoria, AZ [protected]. They are requesting $30.00 for a subscription to Discover magazine. I already have a subscription with Discover, I spoke to Discover and they have not heard of Galaxy or United Magazine Service Inc. They say I have a current subscription and that Galaxy has not extended it.

I remember a magazine service calling me on the phone a few months ago. It was a guy that wouldn’t take no for an answer. He offered me a year and a half of Discover for $30.00, but when they wanted my credit card over the phone I said no, but that they could send me the information. I did send a check and it came back in the mail undeliverable. I thought it was a scam then, so I dismissed it.

I phone the number on the Galaxy letter this morning and the guy on the phone said the subscription was for 1 year, I questioned the whole thing and he hung up on me. I then called Discover as stated above.

I have not received anything from them and after seeing the other letter about Galaxy on your site, I am sure it’s a scam. Thanks.

Angela Nov 26, 2006

You should know that the "owner" of this business can be found on the maricopa county superior court in the criminal case section. Demetius Smith 02-26-61. Please notify the city of peoria, arizona police department. His business is located in Sun City AZ 103rd ave and grand.

• St
    Steve Sheets Nov 19, 2007

I have been harassed by Galaxy Credit over a bill for a subscription that was never provided. U.S. Subscription Services wanted to have me pay for a subscription extension by credit card, but I refused and asked that a bill be sent to me. When I tried to cancel, they said that I could not and to pay up or a collection agency would be contacting me. No subscription extension was provided by U.S. Subscription Services and they were not authorized to extend any subscriptions for the magazine by its publishers. This definitely seems like some kind of scam.

Steve!

• Na
    nan May 16, 2008

I received a phone call from this phony company telling me to pay a bill I owed an apartment complex. how he got that information, I don't know, but he had the facts. wanted me to give him my bank info over the phone which I didn't then I found all this stuff on internet-to know it was a scam

• Is
    Isabel Oct 31, 2008

I'm having problems with Galaxy Credit as well, regarding nonpayment of a bogus Discover Magazine subscription! My advice is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau AND the Federal Trade Commission!!! I checked the BBB and there have been no complaints filed on Galaxy, meanwhile I've seen dozens of complaints about them online, like this. If Galaxy doesn't help me resolve my issue, BBB and FTC it is.

• Br
    Brenda Jun 12, 2009

Galaxy Credit at first seemed like a scam, but then I heard my self on a recording from US Periodicals ordering my extension for US Weekly. I totally forgot! They were correct in saying that I did indeed request a bill through the mail. I didnt cancel in time with the company. Galaxy Credit was very great about allowing me to dispute it and really helped me with the payment. You can look them up on www.azdfi.gov. They are a licensed collection agency.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices