Frigidare Complaints & Reviews

Frigidarefrigidare refrigerator model lfht1817lw ice maker

Bought your refrigerator model LFHT1817LW around 3 years ago new from Lowe's. For the last 2 years have had nothing but problems with the ice maker. It stops making ice every 12 weeks or so. I have to pour hot water down back tubing so it will melt the water that has frozen up in tube. Or, have replaced the water valve 3 times to fix problem. Have also replaced the whole assembly in the past whole assembly once in the past hoping this would fix problem for good. My water line is newer and works fine.

Do not need to pay your service rep to come here. It is in my kitchen, clean home in Florida. Have tried everything. This ice maker is a lemon and a piece of [censor].

Want to know if there has been a recall on it so that I can get one that works correctly??

There is no way I would ever recommend Frigidare to my family or friends! Have sent this email to your service department in recent past with NO response. Can you PLEASE help me with this? Have spent a lot of money for repairs.

Dan
Model: LFHT1817LW
SN: VA2302903

Frigidarepoorly made appliances

I remodeled my kitchen 14 months ago. I was talked into frigidare appliances, microware, hood, stove and dishwasher. BIG mistake. Took the warranty extention but they don't cover a lot. Dishes do not come clean and the stove, goodness!!. Within 6 months the smoothtop stove looked like it had water stains all over the top of it and something had run down inside the oven door, between the glass panels, that you can see on the glass from both sides. Looks nasty. the stainless is also showing signs of wear. Their answer, we do not cover cosmetic just the functionally of product. Do your self a favor stay as far away as you can.When the warranty expires, (that you pay extra) I will not renew.

• Mi
    miguel Nov 11, 2008

freezer door is corroded and unable to keep it from coming back.trying to located another door to replaced it but can not find replacents.unit was bought at Lowes on 2003

• Km
    km Nov 24, 2008

We purchased a frigidare appliance from appliance land in Annapolis MD . What a mistake . We have had 5 service calls in the last 6 months . The supposive service company Total service from Severna Park Md has not completed the problem, as they are an authorized service company for frigidare . The have been contacted on 10 different occasions. No response no call back or repairman. Dont ever buy a frigidare appliance . Buy a GE, they show up with in 24 hrs !!!

• Pa
    Pammee46 Sep 01, 2010

I bought a side by side 3 years ago, one day, it just stopped working. We had someone come out, he said the compressor was bad and he wouldn't suggest fixing it. (he is an autherized tech) I called Frigidaire to see if there is anything they can do, they said they could replace the compressor but I would have to pay the labor, and that they are doing it as a favor to me, as it's no longer under warranty. Everything in my kitchen was Frigidaire, but I will be replacing everything after this.

• Li
    LilyL Sep 01, 2010

It's all refrigerators, not just frigidaire brand. Pretty much all of them only have a 1 year warranty on parts and labor. I feel for your situation, they should last longer than that, but it sounds like frigidaire is doing more than they need to for you in giving you a new compressor.

• Ca
    CARAMBAVIDEO May 06, 2011

OUR NEW (1 MONTH OLD) WASHING MACHINE BROKE DOWN WITH ELECTRONIC PROBLEMS FOR OVER A WEEK NOW, WE HAVE TO SMALL CHILDREN AND A MOUNTAIN OF LAUNDRY. DO YOU THINK LEONS EVEN CARES??? THESE PEOPLE ARE A JOKE AND THEY WILL NEVER EVER SEE ANY ON MY MONEY AGAIN.
    STAY AWAY FROM LEONS THEY ARE PATHETIC AND DONT LOOK AFTER THEIR CUSTOMERS