Flyglobespan.com Complaints & Reviews

Flyglobespan.comWhere to complain?

For those of you that cannot get satisfaction from Globespan to your complaints, you may wish to report the complaint to the Air traffic users council.

Alternatively, your local Trading Standards office may be able to assist. I know of one individual that has reported their complaint to Office of Fair Trading via Consumer Direct. There are now far to many people being persuaded to book flights, and subsequently have times or routes changed after payment.

Comment Guidelines

8 Responses
    • Rc
      R Caw Aug 19, 2009

We pre-booked our seats on a Malaga to Edinburgh flight. The check in took nearly two hours and therefore we didn't check our tickets as we had to rush to the boarding gate. We had been given the window and aisle seat in the very last row, after having booked two ailse seats as we are both a little claustrophobic. Needless to say the two seats given were totally the opposite of what we had booked. After having written a letter of complaint (as requested by their terms and conditions) we received a reply that these seats were the same quality as the ones we had booked and therefore we weren't due any sort of refund, not even our seat booking fee! The seats were definitely not the same quality for us. We will never use this bunch of "don't care about customer quality" again.

• Jg
      J GRAHAM Apr 08, 2008

Short and not so sweet.
      My complaints
      Last year 2017
      1: Change of hotel last year in Ibiza, after booking and paying for the holiday
      2: Flight stopped at Majorca to unload some passengers, pick up some passengers who were taken to Ibiza then on to Edinburgh.
      3: On the way home a 1 hour delay because of the majorca stopover one flight for the price of two good value for the airline, but no information about this at the time of booking.
      This year 2017
      1: After booking and paying for the holiday a change of flight time. From early afternoon to late at night.
      2: At the airport, mind there is no REP. the original flight time change, now becomes a delay of 6 hours so late night becomes early morning the next day due to (technical problems ?).
      Next year no problems will not be using Globespan again.

john deed Mar 05, 2008

VIP update VIP.
      The most recent information from OFT is that each individual complaint is being logged. When there are sufficient numbers, members of the investigation team will take action, as they did in 2017.

It's now up to you folks, either forward your complaint to OFT, or put up and shut up.!!!

To contact Office of Fair Trading, e-mail
      [email protected] Mark email FAO Adenrele Ogayemi.
      Apparently, a woman who lives locally has also had her holiday to Barcelona messed up due to change in flight times, similar to other contributers.

rebecca mckee Jan 16, 2008

WONDER WHY MY FULL COMMENTS WERE NOT PRINTED HERE...

rebecca mckee Jan 16, 2008

No way of contacting either.. they pass you on to one number or another.. get know where... the usual is oh its not our department.

rebecca mckee Jan 16, 2008

I have recently had a booking canceled by fly globespan uk, after paying and receiving confirmation and was asked to email for a refund, which i did... next day i receive another email asking me to check flight details... try to email same address as day before and its non existent... WONDER WHY.

They canceled booking they should be contacting me in person, instead of me flapping about trying to get hold of them... shoddy customer care in my opinion... first time i have booked with them and last.

• Lo
      Lola Bodansky Jul 07, 2007

I have recently had a flight with Globespan from Liverpool to New York, I flew out with no problem, but I never returned... Arrived at JFK to find no agent from GSpan available. JFK people delivered a letter to tell me, flight delayed for 2 days... No alternative, no accommodation offered, no, no nothing... No assistance, help or any comfort for ones inconvenience... No answers to my emails... What should I do to compensate the cost of my ticket I had to purchase from Delta... $$$965.

Chen Rebecca Apr 17, 2007

I am writing to complain about the flight ticket issued by Globespan.

I bought the returning ticket from Vancouver to London for $725 for May 2 till May 24.

With the same flight, my friend only bought it for $502.

She bought it from travel agent only one day before me.

Since her travel agent told me that the price has fluctuated, there's very little chance that price would go down.

Therefore, I bought the ticket directly from GlobeSpan website at home.

However, just on the day I need to make amendment for my booking, I checked the price for my flight again, and it's become $612.

I am really mad about this because it seems like that the company is treating customers like fools.

I am paying for a lot more than the price is asking. If I know the price would go down again, I wouldn't buy it at that time. However, I didn't know!

I complained this to a customer service representative of GlobeSpan, the answer i got was not satisfying either.

He told me, at the time I gave them my credit card number to purchase the ticket, I have agreed with the price.

He repeated the same thing over and over again, just to tell me it's all MY decision making the WRONG purchase.

(well, HELL NO! the company should give full information about their product to customers whoever is gonna purchase the product.)

I also asked the representative about what makes the price fluctuated so much, his answer was " because many people booked it online".

Again, he is still blaming on customers. In other words, if not many customers buying their ticket, price will be cheaper. (what? If it's all because of customers, then how come customers don't get to decide the price they want?)

I really don't agree with the answer he gave me since customers only purchase the ticket when they need to. Only the cunning business people would change price in order to maximize their profits.

For customers, it is really not fair. They desire to know the choices and full information about the product before making the right decision for their purchase.

In my case, I had not been given enough information by Globespan. Move rover, even though I have told them about my complain, they've done nothing.

As a frequent traveler, I will no longer want to purchase ticket from globespan. I also think that it's time to seriously examine their customer service, employee training and improvement for treating customers. Until the time I get the satisfying answers and treatment, I will not and will tell my family and friends not to purchase from Globespan again.

Flyglobespan.com — Poor customer service

I am writing to inform you about the policy of Globespan, Scotland’s award-winning airline. I first...