Fishinthesky.com Complaints & Reviews

Fishinthesky.comFraud

My wife ordered a dress and provided her measurements, ordering the dress 2 sizes larger than her known size. The dress arrived 2 sizes smaller than her true size and there was no label or sizing on the dress and no packing slip or invoice to indicate this. We tried to get an exchange via their horrible customer service dept and we kept gettign the runaround and all kinds of delay tactics. Can you believe they asked us to provide "evidence" that the dress didn't fit by having my wife squeeze into it the best she could and then take pictures to send to them instead of just exchanging the product like any reputable website would. My wife would not humiliate herself that way and the company refuses to exchange the product or provide a refund. They told her to take it to a professional tailor and "Have a nice time". How incredibly rude. The dress is cheap and very poorly made, not like the picture on their website and I suspect it is a knockoff forgery. I am disputing the charges with my credit card company. We would have used American Express to buy this as the site shows the icon for this card but they really do not accept Amex cards, probably because Amex likely shut them off due to countless customer complaints. Avoid this site if you value your hard earned money because you will get ripped off by Fishinthesky.com. They should be renamed Rottenfishinthegarbage.com A bunch of crooks who should be shut down for good.

• Da
    Damero Mar 22, 2012

Had a horrible experience!!! They said they could make the dress we ordered long and it came in short like a $#*!tail dress. The fabric was cheap and nothing like the picture. Needless to say, we couldn't get a refund. They wouldn't respond to our emails. Awful. Do not order from this site!!!

• Mo
    Moiga Apr 06, 2012

This place is a scam! We ordered a prom dress and paid extra for 3 to 5 day shipping. Over 30 days later there is no dress! We had to purchase another dress elsewhere and the will not refund our money. They say it's their policy. That is absurd!

• Va
    Valdos Apr 11, 2012

I ordered a dress on january 10th, received a mess in March 2nd after having to pay 90 euros fee because fishinthesky declared tha value of the dress to be 40 USD (I paid 210).

• Mi
    Miloipe Apr 29, 2012

This website is a SCAM do not buy from them. I read the reviews after I had already purchased my dress. When you email them it's usually 10 words or less with huge grammatical errors. The rush shipping is fake and claim they would refund me for that which they have not yet. I ordered my dress April 7th with a rush order to get it before April 28th they keep telling me 3 or 4 more days to ship it. The company is only open Mon-Friday. Do not buy from them, don't risk it they are in HONG KONG.

• Co
    Cormaker May 30, 2012

Ordered a dress and received urinal timely manner only because I spent 50$ on shipping! There was a rip in the back, stains on the white dress, and the zipper was very hard to zip! When I tried contacting the company they do not provide a 1-800 # and they want you to send them pictures of the defects so they can conferm your accusations! Then they determine if you can send the dress back. Oh and the dress in the picture shows it landing above the knees and it went way below the knees. Their pictures of the dresses are deceiving and they don't really want satisfied costumers! They may take the dress back but I'm out the shipping cost! So overall I should have done some research because now after the fact I did and found some same experiences on the wedding bee!

• Si
    Sidorra Sep 17, 2012

They do NOT take anything back. If you order it... you will never see any money returned for the crappy sewing job they do. NOT recommended. I wish I would have read reviews and saved my $150.

• Ve
    VeryUpsetPersonCustomer Oct 10, 2014

Dress was received (took 24 days - not considered rush at all when paying an extra $9.99) on October 9, 2014. The dress received was the wrong dress. The dress received does not reflect the picture/item being sold with neck or neck crystal design, the material design of the top is not the same, the picture shows a tulle/silk patterned designed enhanced with beaded jewels the waistband shows a smooth and straight sowed piece connecting the top and the bottom of the dress and the fabric making the bottom of the dress is show as tulle which is laying neatly with a well-defined and finished bottom edge.
    We did not received anything like this at all or anything like the picture and material described.
    We received a dress with a solid netting, not tulle, the top with no fabric patterns and the beaded pattern is completely different. The bra insert is clearly visible through the dress and looks horrible. The waist band is a loose silk-like material with non-straight sowing joining the bottom of the dress. Netting instead of Tulle is used for the bottom of the dress. If this is in fact tulle, it is of extremely bad quality. It is gathered way too much and the netting is very very stiff; both of these result in the bottom of the dress to stick out and not lay neatly as pictured (we are well versed on these dresses and have had plenty of dresses made of this material and very much know the quality difference. We have been doing pageants for over 12 years and know quality as well as the difference between tulle and netting. The bottom edge of the dress is ragged and very unprofessional looking. It does not have a defined ending edge and look to have been roughly trimmed with scissors and not to the quality of what is pictured.
    The overall quality of the dress is equivalent to one I could have found in a department store for $60 to $70 dollars and you charged $184.97. The quality is not there to support this amount!
    The quality of the material used is very poor and the dress LOOKS HORRIBLE! It CANNOT be used and the worst of all the pageant event is Saturday 10/11/2014. I called two times wondering why the dress was not received yet as I paid extra for a rush order. I had no idea I was putting the date I wanted it delivered, I put the date one day before the event. I had no idea I was selecting a delivery date and I paid extra to receive a rush delivery which resulted in 24 days…..this is not a rush. I did not purchase a “look-a-like” or request you to make something similar to what was displayed in the picture, I ORDERED WHAT YOU PICTURED AND WHAT YOU ARE SELLING! Nowhere in your product description does it state I was ordering and going to get a dress that might look a little like the picture but not that actual dress. It is being shown as sold as shown!!!
    If you cannot deliver the item you are selling, you should not be displaying and selling off the picture of which you are unable to produce.
    Bottom line they made and sent the wrong dress. I Did Not receive what I ordered and I Did Not receive what you showed they were selling. I now have to try and find a dress within one day. I am unable to use this dress, it looks horrible and the quality is horrible and does not reflect what is portrayed by the founder of the company Charlotte Wong.

Fishinthesky.comThey are in total breach of the sales contract

My daughter ordered her prom dress a month ago, her senior prom is Saturday, May 5th. We have no dress, even paid expedited shipping fees to have it here no later than April 23rd. Zoe Lau is the idiot emailing me back, telling me the supplier is working on it, but despite the fact that I have canceled the order, they refuse to refund our money. They are in total breach of the sales contract. I have sent several emails, would live to put them out of business...any advice? She pretends that she doesn't understand and says the phones aren't working. Another reason to buy American.

Fishinthesky.com — I have had a TERRIBLE experience with this website

I have had a TERRIBLE experience with this website. I ordered a dress for my senior prom and initially it came out beautifully, I really liked it; however, this was not the...

Fishinthesky.comPlease stay away, i got ripped off my hard earned money

Please do not buy from this site, it is a total scam, i just got done for $257 AUD. I ordered a dress and paid, but got no dress and instead i got "one liners" with excuses and lies. One day they write that the dress is being made, however the day after they write that the dress is not made just yet. After many emails today they are offering me a 50% refund...lucky me if ever... Please stay away i got ripped off my hard earned money.

Fishinthesky.comThis website is a total scam

This website is a total scam. I ordered a light pink dress with pink and purple gems and sequins that were elegantly arranged. When it came in the mail i opened up the bag to find a bubble gum pink fabric...getting a little nervous i opened up the rest of the dress to find it decorated with yelowish and orang beading...not only did the colors completely clash but the design of them looked like it was done by a second grader. the cheap beads all looked like they were going to fall off. Plus there was a few sewing flaws. When i tried to return this dress they kept emailing me back with things like no this dress is great! how about a discount on your next purchase? we put in our hard work for this! In the end i could not return it and am now out of $175. DONT ORDER FROM THEM!!

• La
    Labirove Mar 30, 2012

• El
    Elsita from Australia Apr 18, 2012

19/4/12 - I just got scam by them too: please do not purchase from this company. I ordered a dress which never arrived and all i get from the supplier is one liners emails with excuses and lies. At this stage they are offering me a 50% refund and no dress. If iI am lucky I will get something. The worse company i ever dealt with. Please do not buy from these people. ;(