Father's Choice Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Father's ChoiceSTOLE OUR MONEY

Let people know, we recently watched the Dr. Phil show that recommended Father's Choice as a way to get visitation rights enforced for Father's that love their kids, but have Ex"s that do not follow the Court Order for visitation.How excited we were to learn there was a way to get visitation without having to have Thousands of dollars for Court Fees. We did the inital paperwork, sent Father's Choice $530.00 dollars and have heard nothing back. They have an answer service that has promised for the past month since(11/25/08) a call back and we have heard nothing.
The let down of hoping to see a child that is being kept from lots of Family that love him hurts deeply more then losing the money. Now we are back to square one!!
It is really sick that they claim to be a Christian Business. Shame on you.

• Ro
    Robin Jan 13, 2009

All paperwork to be recorded to the court was incorrect, several calls were made to insure all information was correct. Further calls have not been answered or returned. $800+ USD sent for a pile of useless paper.

• Ti
    tijna Jun 28, 2009

we joined fathers choice a year ago and they wernt suppose to take our money till that friday well they took it that day.we first talked to scott then we told them we were cancelling because they wernt what they were suppose to be.so they told us they would refund our money.well its been over a year still no refund we call we get machine or secretary..telling us they will return our calls.well u no it really makes good lawyers look bad when these fake ### want to be lawyers still from people .i ask for there address so i can send them a certified letter but they wont let me have it .. fathers choice is a joke im sorry .tina

• Ba
    baker0959 Sep 17, 2009

They told me they would help me get my daughter and they did nothing so I asked for a refund have a confermation number and still they refuse to give me my money.

Please don't use that company!!!

Christina

Resolved Father's Choicechild custody

Father's Choice is withdrawing money without authorization and no one answers there phone. They're legal help was very poor and inaccurate. I have a good attorney now for the last 9 months, that has been practicing 19 years, and my child custody case is going much better than these "case managers could ever do" ohh by the way did I mention that when I first talk to this company they promised more time with my son, and the more money I spent with them each time I was told I would get less an less time with my son. This company is a total Fraud and all the employees that play there scam should be sent to federal prison Fort Leavenworth!!!

• Lo
    Lori Jan 09, 2009

they need to be sued, I was told by them that I couldnot file for custody in the juridiction of colorado unless a divorce petition was first file, I paid over 600 dollars for papers and incorrect information, the never mentioned a little thing called allocation of parental rights, now I have court in two weeks with no represntation because they took all the money I had, and have cause termoil for their falure to know the laws from state to state. They will not answer emails or phone calls, thank you fathers choice for destoying my life

Sam Feb 13, 2009

I was given paper work that did not work. They are a scam and I am driving from South Carolina to get a refund and some answers. They told me they would refund my money if I was not 100 percent satisfied and now their phone is disconnected. My so called Fathers choice advocate case worker quit in the middle of my case and then all H.. broke loose. Wrong papers and wrong information leads to a bad day at court and now I have no choice but to do something i really do not want to do. I hope someone will help us mislead customers return our hard earned money from this scam artist company. Playing on the emotions of parents is the las thing we need. This needs to stop and reimbersment is required or else.

Father's ChoiceScam

I had a similar happening with this group...I gave my visa card, after hearing a great talk about helping me get my kids out of the horrible situation they were in...than I didn't have the money to pay for it so I told them I would save money and contact them again. We never heard from them but my girlfriend noticed that 50 dollars have been coming out of our bank account since Feburary and we now can't seem to get a call back. is there anyway to get our money back?

• Je
    Jeff Miller Oct 08, 2008

They took my money too!!! I paid 800plus in april and it's now october and i have nothing. They never answer their calls and don't return calls either. They are pieces of s !! Bad karma too all who screw with people's lives and steal their money.

Father's ChoiceTotal scam

DO NOT use these people. They gave me a great speech on the phone and made it seem like they could do everything I needed, so I made the mistake of giving them my credit card. After more conversation, i got a real bad feeling, so i told them to forget it and not charge my card. Guess what they did? Now every attempt to contact them ends with me getting ticked off. No one is ever there! Don't make the same mistake I did. These people need to be put out of business.

• Fl
    Floremce P. Stewart Jul 19, 2008

On an occasion they sent me someone else documents to turn into the court where I reside in Maryland. Those documents were not minds and were for a court in the California jurisdiction. They do not respond to calls or emails. They continue to get electronic payments from my account. I have not gotten the service paid for and cannot reach them so that the service can be discontinued. I am a totally disatisfied customer who feels used.

choosesoberlife Sep 22, 2008

So how do we get our money back from these...?

• Ke
    Kevin Gonyer Jan 15, 2009

I too have been bilked out of 600 dollars right after being laid off but another 40 dollars in useless faxes to fathers choice. After they got my money i havent been able to contact them at all please I urge anyone even considering usung fathers choice to look up their rating with the better business bureau. and no matter how good they make their claims to be able to help you sound do NOT send them ANY money or you will be among countless others who have been scammed!!!

Father's ChoiceMisrepresent their services

Father's Choice indicated that they practice law in most of the US protecting fathers in court for child custody and other family services. In fact, after numerous conversations, the only thing they do is generate basic court documents that you have to present to the court system. You have no representation other than you in court along with some generic documents that you submit and have to mediate with the judge and the other party. Unless you are an attorney your chances of succeeding in gaining custody or a fair settlement is virtually zero (0). Most judges and the other attorney would laugh to themselves if you try to defend or present your case to the court system with Parent's Choice documentation.

You never talk to a real attorney, just a different case worker each time and they typically do not return phone calls. They have multiple websites and company names so you have to do some additional work to find their total scam...

Absolute and total waste of time and money.

• Js
    JSF Jul 03, 2008

After some investigation, I've found that this company is a SCAM. (Check out /link removed/ and the Better Business website) They're also under fraud and criminal investigation.

• Pr
    PREFERS NOT TO LEAVE NAME Jul 25, 2008

I agree completely. We got a hold of this company with the hopes that they could help us fight a custody battle where the kids are in a different state then we are. Same Story... they will not give you "legal representation" or "legal advice" because they are not YOUR lawyer, just lawyers that make sure the paperwork is filled out correctly. An idiot could fill out the paperwork, all you do is fill in the blanks. I'm very disappointed and I feel that we got cheated terribly. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY. YOU WILL GET SCAMMED

• Gc
    G C Aug 06, 2008

Total rip-off. I paid and the very next day they told they could not help with my case. Of course, no refund...

• Ru
    rudybaby Aug 10, 2008

Father's Choice DID A GREAT JOB!!! Several months ago i was refered to fatherchoice.org by a local legal aide personnel - I read some negative (along with some positive) comments about FC... so I originally chose not to use them - every attorney i contacted wanted at least 1500 as a "retainer", and nobody could tell me how much the ultimate cost would be, nor did they want to talk to me when i told them i had no money for such a large retainer fee...

I ended up enrolling in their program ($98) and they got a court order to me for $845 (i did have to file documants myself, but it was easy - i spoke with an attorney which was paid for by my $49 monthly payment - long story short, I ended up with visitations with my 2 kids!!! After my case was fixed - I went back to see if some negative stuff was still listed against FC, I was glad to see more positive reorting... I decided to write this letter to say that although there appears to be a few unsatisfied people I'm sure there are many many satisfied members. I also read a status that they speak to literaly 400 to 500 fathers every week - so what if service is not free, my kids are worth more than $845 If i win the lottery, im gonna fly to Goleta and throw some money around FC office! I'm gonna post this information on that complaint website also - if you're a father who has good results, lets support these FC guys (i think these negative report guys should realize that any company that realize that when they do make mistakes, their willing to fix things, should be left alone to help all the other guys missing their kids ---> Rudy in WA 205 - 600-6923

• Do
    Donald Matthews Sep 22, 2008

I also was ripped off by this orgainization. My son is a lawyer in California and he has agreed to represent myself and others who want to sue them to get their money back. Please contact me at [email protected] if you want to join the lawsuit.

submitted by,