Family Fun Magazine Complaints & Reviews

Family Fun MagazineCan't Get It Cancelled

Two years or so ago, my mother ordered Family Fun magazine for me because she thought I'd like it (being a teacher)... she said it was a 1-year subscription for $15 and then I could renew if I wanted. I DID NOT want to renew, so I ignored all of the stuff that came in the mail. Then I get a yellow slip of paper saying that they had "renewed it for me in good faith", so now I HAD to pay the bill??!! or they would go on my credit report. So I paid the da-- bill just to get it out of the way, and now they've done it again?! I REFUSE to pay... on the bill it said "to cancel, go to..." and listed a website, and I went there, and there is NO PLACE to cancel the subscription. The closest I got was to "contact" the company and tell them that I wanted to cancel, and it said I'd get a response shortly... it's about 8 or so hours later, NO RESPONSE. I will NOT pay, I don't want the magazine, and I strongly advice people to stay away because apparently they can't take a hint. If I didn't pay my bill and didn't renew my subscription through the mail, despite 5-6 "final notices", why the hell would I want it automatically renewed?! after ignoring everything in the mail for the last 3 months or so.

• Fa
    fairas55 Oct 21, 2014

I have been trying to cancel my subscription, I did not order this magazine!

Family Fun Magazinemagazine never delivered

Young girl came to our door stating she was a college student trying to collect points to earn vacation money. never got the magazine. this was a $49 purchase w/ nothing in return but the cahed check.

• Ge
    GenuineNerd Mar 14, 2010

You were scammed. Many people have been ripped off by third-party magazine sales companies, which often recruit teenagers and twentysomethings, many of them from troubled backgrounds, and send them door to door for hours and hours, selling magazine subscriptions that will most likely never get processed or delivered. These scam companies often advertise in "alternative weekly" publications, promising teenagers and twentysometings "travel", "jeans and T-shirt jobs", etc., while they basically take these applicants in as slaves, so to speak. Any money they collect will be spent on alcohol, drugs, tobacco, fast food, or partying, rather than for processing the magazine subscriptions. The teens/twentysomethings that go door to door often falsely represent a local school, church youth group, Boy Scout/Girl Scout troop, or charity in the guise of ripping you off for magazine subscriptions that will most likely never happen. These salespersons/scammers are put up in low-end motels (such as a Motel 6, Days Inn, or rundown roadside motel), and move on to the next town once they pull their scam off to the unsuspecting public in the town they just left. That's where the "travel" part comes in. These solicitors also don't have the proper permits to go door-to-door in many of these communities, and local police departments have arrested these scam artists in the past. There have even been cases where unsuspecting residents would let these solicitors into their homes, and end up being robbed or stolen from...if they work in twos, one person could be giving the victim his spiel regarding selling a magazine subscription, while the other person (who asks if he/she could use the bathroom or the phone) will look for purses, wallets, money, credit cards, or other valuables to steal from the victim. By the time the solicitors leave the house, the victim would later realize he/she was robbed when a purse, wallet, etc. turns up missing. After all, many of these solicitors have come from questionable or troubled backgrounds, or have had juvenile court/juvenile hall contact, or other police contact, in the past. Some are even runaways or throwaways from troubled families. These magazine sales scammers are basically hustlers out to separate you from your hard earned money...or worse. If you must subscribe to a magazine, go directly to the publisher's website or 800-number, or go to a reputable third party firm such as Publishers Clearing House. NEVER buy magazine subscriptions from a door to door salesperson-most, if not all of them, are scammers.

Family Fun MagazineUnauthorized automatic renewals

I bought this magazine for my 2 children's families three years ago. Now they just sent me a thanks for your renewal message yearly and I have never renewed the magazine, bu they have my credit card number.

• Bi
    Biohazard_Red Sep 27, 2011

I agree with this... they do not have my credit card information, thankfully, so they just send semi-threatening messages that I have to mail in payment, and that they would "hate" to have my non-payment reflected on my credit scores. They did it last year, and I paid because I couldn't get anybody on the phone and couldn't find a way to cancel online. Not doing it again this year. Sorry that happened to you --- hope you were able to get it cancelled finally.

• Fa
    faurora Nov 23, 2011

I have the same problem, I didn't do anything then I got an email says that my subscription was renewed, now I tried to find ways to cancel that, does anyone share how to do it?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices