Fairmont Hotel - San Jose Complaints & Reviews

Fairmont Hotel - San JoseRegarding refund of deposits taken

This is Sagar Ruparelia from India. I checked in to Fairmont Hotel - San Jose on October, 23rd 2016. Since I was invited by Intuit, I didn't have to pay for my room rents. At the time of check in I was asked to deposit $500 which would be refunded if there are no charges on the room at the time of check out. I paid $500 by my debit card.
I checked out on October, 28th and there were no charges. I was informed that $500 will be refunded to my account within 3 to 4 days. I came back to India and now I am following up with Fairmont Hotel - San Jose on mails and on phone, but there is no response from them. Every time I call them, I get an answer that it will take 3 more days. They are not answering my mails, except once when the informed me that the refund is issued and it will reflect to my account in 2-3 days. However, 9 days have passed since then.
I want to escalate the matter to the senior management of the hotel but I am unable to find their contact details.

• Ra
    Rahul Ajani Aug 08, 2017

I have had a very similar experience. They asked me for a huge deposit. They debited it from my account. I was using a debit card. At the end of the stay, excess amount they needed to refund me was 728 $. They told me that they will refund in a couple of days. It's been more than two weeks since then and I haven't received any refund from them.

Fairmont Hotel - San JoseHotel bill was wrong twice!

I booked a two (2) night stay at this hotel as a surprize for my husband who just returned from Malaysia.

Upon check in I was charged twice for over $800.00 + $50.00 for a parking fee. The next day I couldn't use my debit card, I was "over my limit". I called my bank and was told that the Fairmont had put authorizations of nearly $1800.00 on my card! I went to the front desk to complain and called from our mini-suite. They sent up a couple cigars for my husband, but couldn't resolve the problem for my debit card. So, instead of going out to eat, I went home (15 miles away) to cook dinner and bring it back to the hotel to eat.

I took a 1000.00 cash advance from my Chase card and deposited it to my debit card. And, the next morning at checkout instead of using the authorizations they'd put on my debit card they ran a NEW authorization for over $500.00! And, my hotel bill was wrong twice - I'd been charged for breakfast when we had breakfast included in the bill!

After checkout I made several more calls. However the worse thing was, the next day my car payment which is auto-deducted from my checking account was DECLINED due to those authorizations.

I called the hotel and spent several hours trying to work this out with Diane in accounting and with the General Managers's EA Tamara. Although they eventually got most of it straightened out I am still upset that they wouldn't give me a partial credit on at $600.00 two night stay.

In the meantime, I have a cash advance fee and I'm still very upset.

• Ha
    HASSAN ALISHAQ Dec 21, 2009

Dear Fairmont hotel,
    I made a reservation on line to Fairmont Nile City hotel in Eygept from 20-23 Des 2009 with arate of 129 u.s $ including tax & service and i paid with my cridet crd "for inter net use only" Visa Vitruon/from Doha bank/click but when I arraived on 21 Des 2009 the hotel recieption man "Abdull lateef" said I the a rate& the mount what said is not paid and I have to pay 168.20 u.s $ per night and they told me bussines center open not open becouse the hotel just new open!!! any how I could had wirless inter net second day of my arraiving.
    I will please to insure to this hotel that i had paid the tree night with my cridet card and the fee are 129 u.s $ so please help me in this matter " IT'S EYGEPT"
    BEAST REGARD,
    THANKS,

HASSAN ALISHAQ
    MEMBER No: 3248603036

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices