Evercom Complaints & Reviews

EvercomPrices for a simple phone call

I truly can't believe the price is is to talk to a loved one is so expensive. As if your not already distraught by the situation, but you gotta pay substantial amounts to hold a conversation. I have spent over five thousands dollars in the last ninety days to speak to this person daily. This is absolutely ridiculous and you people should be ashame of yourselves. Also, I think after spending that kind of money that people should get some type of credit or repay after spending a certain amount. Then you people have the gull to actually block the call because you try using the same payment method within twenty four hours. If it is being paid for why do you people give a **** how it is paid? You people make me absolutely sick and should be punished for this. The problem is that until someone figures out how to get a phone company to be on our side and make our rates lower, you people will keep robbing people blind. I hope your company goes down and a more kinder, customer satisfying company comes up. I hate your company!!!

• Da
    DARLENE Jan 07, 2009

Evercom has lied and said my phone company has blocked my number so my niece cant call from prison. after 2 yrs of no problems. now i cant get it unblocked even though they say it is. is there no way we can fight these cheats and liars? now i cant even talk to her . its a rip off

• Ro
    Robin Jan 25, 2009

I think all of us who are scammed and whom have overpaid evercom should file a class action lawsuit! Any takers? Email me: [email protected]

Thanks!

Robin

• Ro
    Robin Jan 25, 2009

Hi Everyone!

This is a direct quote from the Georgia Public Service Commission. I emailed them regarding this info from their site, it affects almost all states re their exorbitant billing!

GA: On February 19, 2001, the Georgia Public Service Commission ordered telephone providers to reduce the rates for prisoner calls from $3.95 connection fee and $.69 per minute to $2.20 connection fee and $.35 per minute

Here is their contact info:

Georgia Public Service Commission
    244 Washington Street, SW
    Atlanta GA, 30334
    Toll-free in Georgia (outside Metro Atlanta): (800) 282-5813
    Metro Atlanta: (404) 656-4501
    Fax:(404) 656-2341
    Email: [email protected]

Here is the main site which tells you all about the changes which are supposed to have already been in effect!

If nothing happens, let's file a class action lawsuit!

Robin

• Ri
    RICK BRADEN Apr 10, 2009

CALL GETS DISCONNECTED AND STILL CHARGED FOR 15 MINUTE CALL. 3 TIMES TODAY TALKED TWICE FOR 5 MIN. 1 TIME FOR4 MIN, CHARGED 15 MIN EACH CALL. I WANT TO BE CREDITED FOR EACH CALL. THIS IS NOT 1ST TIME, SEVERAL TIMES LAST 2 MONTHS

EvercomConsumer rip offs

Evercom is not only a rip off but should be unconstitutional as well as they hinder the freedom of speech in our prisons and jails.They make it impossible for inmates to stay in touch with their families which statistics show that inmates do 90% better when they are in contact with their loved ones.I know from experience as for three weeks i was unable to contact anyone.So if an inmate has no money on their books they are screwed.As well even if the family setes up an account they are overcharged for phone time.Here is what they charge compared to a rechargeable MCI card:
20.00= 40 minutes of call time, they are aloowed a 15 minute call = 3 1/2 calls if your lucky as some are cut short and actual minutes arent calculated correctly.
40.00= 2 20.00 phone cards
50.00 = an extra 15 minutes lets compare this to MCI
20.00= 950 minutes
additionaly all collect calls are blocked forcing the recieving end to sign up with evercom, this is a monopoly and is illegal, the government should be charged against this too as they allow themselves to break Federal guidlines under monopoly laws in this country.

• Si
    sisterhelp Jul 29, 2009

I agree, my little brother lost his construction job and was paying $680.00 in child support but he fell behind three months and is now in jail for six months- he is not a bad person- just lost his job and has an upset ex who depends on that money. Now he is sharing a cell with ten other guys that are constantly coming and going. His only refuge is to work in the kitchen - write letters- and make expensive collect calls. This calling system is not right.

EvercomNothing, but trouble

Evercom has been nothing but trouble. I have been receiving faulty bills for the past several months. I keep calling and they say "its taken care of." And yet I continued to receive bills. The bill finally went to collections and I spoke with the same supervisor (Mario) at Evercom several times, each tiluding it was my responsibility to call collections to have me taken off the list which is not true. He gave me directly contradictory statements incMy relationship with evercom has been nothing but dishonesty, misinformation, lack of follow through, and dealing with completely uneducated people. Its disgusting.

EvercomWon't let my phone accept calls from my wife

Evercom blocks my phone although my phone has no block from my phone company! My phone co., otelco, has assured me that it's not because of them! I don't understand why my neighbour, who is also my brother-in-law, and has the exact same phone service as I do, can accept calls from the jail my wife's in, but I cannot!!! Evercom makes a ton of money off people who are already in an unfavourable situation. I think the least they could do is try to provide a GOOD and RELIABLE service!!! their greed and incompetence makes evercom no better than the criminals they prey on!!

• He
    hegman2004 Jul 29, 2008

When I get calls from Henry Co., Ga. jail, the calls are disconnected in a few minutes and I am charged for them. I tried to call them and of course I don't have an account, don't want an account, for they are on my AT&T bill. When I finally got a CSR, I was asked my number; I gave it; I was asked my name, I gave it and also my husbands name which is different, to which the phone number is listed under. They told me neither name was on 'the account' I DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT! I could get no where. The wanted me to fax them a copy of MY BILL, which the billing is in my name, and the listing is in his name, and I told them "NO"..I had had this number since I moved here 2.5 yrs ago. She kept on about faxing. I hung up. I guess I will not be able to get anymore calls now. This is bull----!!
    SOMEBODY IN THE GOVERNMENTAL SOCIETY SHOULD RIP THE GUTS OUT OF THESE CORRECTIONAL TELEPHONE COMPANIES. WHERE DO I GO NEXT?

• He
    hegman2004 Jul 29, 2008

• Kr
    Kristina Aug 18, 2008

Im so pissed because the only way I get to talk to my husband is through a pre paid account. I put 90.00 on to my account and it was denied because the stupid automated system didnt get my address correct. Well and hour later I checked my bank statement online and it was deducted. So I called evercom back and they said that I needed to fax them provbe of where it was deducted from my account. So I did that and they said I will be refunded within 3-5 business days. Well that hasnt happen and now Im out of 90.00 of which I could be using to put on the phone or pay other bills with. This company is so ridiculous.

• Em
    Emma Dec 19, 2008

I received a check in the mail last week from Links Research Group with instructions on how to be a mystery shopper for their company. Also included was a check for $3, 988. Nice amount of cash considering it is Christmas season!

I was about to cash the check when I decided to look up the company online. No company on the whole internet called Links research. Also when I entered Evercom, all that came up was the complaintsboard. I'm definatly glad I checked this out before trying to cash this check.

• Ms
    MS.CRIMSON Dec 28, 2008

WITH ALL THAT THE PHONE SERVICE PROVIDE THERS NO WAY IF SOMONE DONT ANSWER THAT THE CALL SHOULD BE CHARGED.WITH EACH ADDITIONAL DOLLARS AND CENT THE SERVICE IS OVERLOOKED.MY FRIEND THATS INCARCERATED HAS CALLED AND MISSED ME TWICE TO THREE TIMES AND THE ONE DOLLAR HAS BEEN STRIPED FROM MY SERVICE ACCOUNT.WITH THE ONE DOLLAR THE COMPANY NEVER HAS THE SYSTEM UP TP KNOW YOUR NEXT BALANCE.IT ADDS THE BALANCE TO FAST AND TOO SLOW.NOTHING THAT CANT BE FIX.JUST WANT TO KNOW OF THE ADDITIONAL CHARGES THATS ADDED TO THE PHONE &HOW AM I ACCOUNTABLE.

• Da
    DARLENE Jan 30, 2009

we all need to get together and file suit. ive contacted bbb and att general you should too

• Su
    SUZIE Mar 15, 2009

WHEN I PLACED MONEY ON MY PHONE THEY TOOK THE MONEY FROM MY CREDIT CARD, BUT NEVER PUT IT ON MY ACT FOR PHONE USE. tHEY ARE DISHONEST, AND THE PHONE SERVICE IS AWFUL. tHE OPERATORS ARE UNEDUCATED AND FEW SPEEK ENGLISH WELL ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THEM. tHEY DONT HAVE A EMAIL TO SEND COMPLAINTS OR QUESTIONS. yOU CAN BE ON HOLD ON THE PHONE FOR 20 TO 40 MINUTES. wHO IS THE GOV AGENCY THAT REGULATES THEM? SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET THEM IN CONTROL AND MAKE THEM ACT FOR THEIR ACTIONS. SUZIE

• Ti
    Tim K. May 14, 2010

To get around the outrageously insulting fees that EverCom charges, just buy a cheap Tracfone for 9.99 and get the area code where your loved one is incarcerated. Instead of paying a ridiculous $10.00 for 10 min. you'll only be paying about $1.00 for 10 min.

I had to repeat my message so that it would sum up to 100 words...sorry :^(

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices