Estate Planning, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Estate Planning, Inc.Live and Learn!

I purchased 40 pre-set appointments that were supposedly with qualified seniors for financial planning appointments. I was expecting two appointments per day and received a call from the telemarketers that they had an appointment for me (1). I asked why they can't set one more like the agreement said? They said it takes a while to get up to that amount. I went out to the home on this appointment and when I arrived the man said that all I was supposed to do was drop some lititure off. I attempted several times to get in for a presentation, no success.

I called the company and spoke with Shannon Davis and she said she will replace the lead with another. So a couple days latter I get another call from a telemarketer with (1) appointment. Go out on the appointment and Lady said they did not request any appointment. Tried several times to get in for a presentation, no success.

This goes on for several months and after 10 or so appointments same scenario. No success to get in the door. So now I send a leter requesting refund, no success. Filed report with BBB, find out the company has an 'F' score.

Got Shannon Davis (Ops Manager) on the phone and she says company will not refund any money, only replace appointments. I have been sending in the appointment requests as your company requires and receiving phones calls from your telemarketers with so called appointments over the last month. Their has been no change in the tactics that the telemarketers are using on these senior citizens.

Most people when I visit or contact them are unaware of any appointment and don't even recall anyone contacting them. Needless to say when I take the time to drive to a so called appointment I have invested the time and money to help these people I assume that they are truly a prospect. I can no longer play this game of apologizing to these prospects for the misleading tactics that your firm uses.

I have asked your telemarketers questions about the appointment and they say that they didn't make the call someone else did. On the last call on Wednesday June 6th your telemarketer hung up on me when I asked what transpired or was said to the prospect to get them to say yes to the appointment. I will not do business with firms like that. I have been more that patient with your firm and you have not come even close to honoring your commitment of providing 40 pre-set financial review appointments. I have asked for a refund in my last letter and I'm asking for the last time now, please refund the unearned 39 appointments at $35 per appointment for a total of $1365.

Needless to say...no refund. Live and Learn!!!

Estate Planning, Inc.Estate Planning inc is the biggest rip off ever in our industry!

Estate Planning inc is the biggest rip off ever in our industry! Mark Philips and his band of thieves are at it again, under a new name. American marketing insurance ripped off many of us in the industry. Once we all knew of Mark, Neil and the gang, they formed annuity concepts, and now estate planning inc! Unfortunately, I have been taken twice now because of their name change, and they wont even return my calls. Neil answers the phone only when i use *67. Then is rude and nobody calls, ever. Appointments are same as always, people have no idea why im there? Or im supposed to drop off a brochure, again? Its horrible! Burning gas and wasting time. They should be in jail! We are forming a group of agents who have been ripped off by this band of thieves! If you want in, or to find out all details call me [protected], I would be happy to share the truth before more agents waste their money to those ###! Why else do they require mailing a check instead credit card? Because they know all of us will be steaming mad when you reach your 10th door or so, only to be yelled at by a senior who has no idea why your there.

• Da
    David Hollands Mar 14, 2007

Estate Planning, Inc. is a scam. They never even called the people they claimed to have set appts with. They just gave me a random name and address of a retiree and then refused to take my calls when I figured out what they were up to.

• Mi
    Michael Thomas Mar 29, 2007

Yes, these folks are crooks. I saw the red flags, but thought the potential payoff would be worth the risk of even a few excellent, high net worth appointments. Alas, not only were the appointments fake, they were potentially quite damaging. The phone solicitors lied to the prospects that they actually represented the Hartford Insurance Company and pretended to have personal information about their accounts. On the first appointment I was thrown out upon telling them that I was an independent financial adviser. It made no sense to me at the time, but in retrospect, they most likely originally thought I was from The Hartford. The second appointment calmed down after answering the door in an outrage. They almost called the police, as they demanded that no one be sent to their home. It was from these people that I learned of the fraudulent manner the appointments were set. I called the next appointment to find a similar story. That gentleman also specifically told them that he did not want an appointment and thanked me for calling first.

There is no integrity with this company. They are aware that they aren't doing good business and don't care. If you've sent them a check, put a stop payment on it if you can. They are likely banking on the fact that no one will find it worthwhile to sue them over between $1,00 and $2,000. Perhaps if enough of us get together something can be accomplished. I left a message just now with Allan Cruickshank (727-389-3941), who is apparently trying to do that.

• Mi
    Michael Thomas Mar 29, 2007

Sub: These people are crooks!!!

I saw the red flags, but thought the potential payoff would be worth the risk of even a few excellent, high net worth appointments. Alas, not only were the appointments fake, they were potentially quite damaging to my reputation. The phone solicitors lied to the prospects that they actually represented the Hartford Insurance Company and pretended to have personal information about their accounts. On the first appointment I was thrown out upon telling them that I was an independent financial adviser. It made no sense to me at the time, but in retrospect, they most likely originally thought I was from The Hartford. The second appointment calmed down after answering the door in an outrage. They almost called the police, as they demanded to the phone solicitor that no one be sent to their home. It was from these people that I learned of the fraudulent manner the appointments were set. I called the next appointment to find a similar story. That gentleman also specifically told them that he did not want an appointment and thanked me for calling first.

I did attempt to resolve this with them and obtain a refund. Let me just say that it wasn't a profitable exercise. The last fellow I spoke with, Mark Christensen, launched into how much money he makes people with his appointments (supposedly manages the call center) and how I must not know how to do my job if I can't make money with him.

There is no integrity with this company. They are aware that they aren't doing good business and don't care. If you've sent them a a check, put a stop payment on it if you can. They are likely banking on the fact that no one will find it worthwhile to sue them over between $1,000 and $2,500. I'm adding a complaint to the Better Business Bureau website now. There were none there before, but now some exist. I'm also submitting a complaint to the Attorney General's Office of Consumer Affairs in California. Further, I will be letting Hartford know about their marketing tactics. If you've been taken, I suggest that out of public responsibility you make public complaints as well. Maybe others will be saved from this grief.

• Lo
    Loralee Pilon Apr 25, 2007

Wow... I thought that I just ran into a bad batch of appointment setters, when the first three appointments were 1) not LTC 2) not home 3) upset that I even came to their house, but after 4) same as #3, and 5) not even close to my area (1.25 hours in one direction) and not home when I called... (I wasn't about to drive to yet another bad appointment.

I didn't actually know it was Estate Planning, Inc (which is how I found these complaints) until this afternoon, after I called Shannon Davis. I had previously sent 2 emails and called (with no answer) several times.

Theoretically, "new leads in the EXACT areas you have requested have come in, I just put them in your file and will be in use tomorrow".

I guess I'll wait & see, and make the best of what comes. I'm certainly planning on receiving 30 fully qualified leads who are expecting me before I consider this contract fulfilled.

• Ca
    Caroline Peek Apr 25, 2007

Estate Planning, Inc. - worse situation ever!!.. And REFUSING to refund.. appointments are BOGUS.. BOGUS appointments are being replaced with BOGUS appointments... Reps grossly mis-represented.. Even my marketing rep after 1st week of horrendous bad appointments commented, I would be asking for a refund.. Now, company is refusing to refund and yet I have not signed any contract.. Did anyone sign a contract?? I sent $2,400 .. of money desperately needed..

• Ri
    Rick T Oct 09, 2007

We need to find these people and prosecute anyone in, [email protected]

• Ri
    Rick T Oct 09, 2007

This type of theft should be reported to the local police so they can prosecute, any amount over 1000 dollars is a felony and they will act on it. Rick T.

• Ca
    candyjones Jun 28, 2009

These types of people deserve to be paid for there deeds.
    ...
    candy
    ...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices