Emerson Village Apartments Complaints & Reviews

Emerson Village ApartmentsBait and switch/cannot admit fault

The company website offered an apartment that I was interested as available. I entered my information and was able to pay for my application fee directly on their website, which took the apartment off the market. I went to the leasing office the next morning with my comfirmation receipt in hand to be told that the apartment I applied for was not actually available. Bait and switch! They would not give me a refund and offered to put my fee towards a different apartment that would be ready 8 days after I needed to move. I went forward with them. Before I gave the required $100 hold fee, I asked one of the two leasing agents how to present the money order but leave it open for me to get it back if I find an apartment before I move here. He said leave the Pay To The Order Of line blank and fill out the rest. I did. As I handed it to the other leasing agent, I began explaining why I left that line blank. Without listening to what I was saying, she filled in Emerson Village on the line. I found a place that was bigger, better, and immediately available. I was given back the money order and told to take my receipt back to the place of purchase to refund it to me. Nope! $15 fee to refund. I have asked that Emerson Village accept the money order and issue me a check because of their error. Four days have gone by and they won't return my calls.

Emerson Village ApartmentsAweful Management

A lot of things break in my apartment from appliances, thermostat, garbage disposal and more. It doesn't get fixed right away. I have to keep calling for maintenance. They do not fix complaints in a timely matter. I have to wait three weeks to months for a maintenance to fix things. I have to complain because I feel like I am risking my life. I found my dishwasher has some water collecting from the sink with the broken garbage disposal. I asked for my garbage disposal to be fixed three months ago. Now waste water is collecting in my dishwasher. Soooo unsanitary!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices