Emerge Visa Complaints & Reviews

Emerge Visaincrease in % charged to consumer

this credit card company is demanding an interest rate of 30%, which is outragious for someone who has a very high credit rating and has never paid late. This pratice must be illegal and unfair; the result will only serve to damage the American taxpayer. I was left with no other choice, but to cancel this card, which will have a negative impact on my credit rating. I am certain this will effect a large number of the American population if this company and companies like it continue to take advantage of the American public.

• Fr
    FRANKIE CLAY May 25, 2007

I open a account with emerge visa and it was closed in 2003 and making payments through dmcc. I payed the final payment in 2007 then i get calls saying i now have a mastercard account that is due a balance. I called back and explain and mailed proof from my bank in the amount payed to emerge which they continue to deny they have not received both payment and proof.

I don't know what to do? At this time or who to go to?

Emerge VisaI thought that was the end of the story...

I had a credit card with Fleet, I received my new card for 2005 which I never activated. All current charges were paid in January 2005 and the card expired 10/05. I received a call from a representative of emerge attempting to collect fees( service fees or annual fees) for my card. I explained I paid off the account in January 2005 and never used it. I was told the charges would be removed since it was in error. Several weeks later I received a call from yet another representative stating these charged were placed on my account in error and would be removed. I thought that was the end of the story. I received a letter advising I am seriously past due and will be turned over to collections. I attempted to call , the recording has you put in your SS#, which I did. It then asks for the account number(which I didn't have att he time because I didn't realize it was Fleet). I went online and emailed emerge requesting assistance. No response. I mailed them a letter to the same no response. Months went by and nothing from Emerge until I received a letter stating the account is in collection and showing on my credit report. HELP

Marion Conry Apr 12, 2007

There must be someone to contact in regard to how emerge runs their customer service. I believe the system is set up so that payments do not post timely, billing address changes are not implemented in a timely manner, and customers can not talk to a real person, only the automated system.

They now charge for online payments! Saving them even more money and earning them more money, there is something very wrong when a company can get away with treating their customers in this manner. It is phone hell trying to get through to a person to talk to, if you can even connect with the automated system. Too many times you can not connect with their online service. The online information is just for making payments and seeing your total owed/paid, not purchases made or any other information.
    As far as I am concerned this is the worst run company I have ever had to deal with, but they are making money and so will not change their ways and evidently they do not have to change their ways by law.

Chris Geib Feb 17, 2008

I started getting calls from indian reps working for Emerge Collections starting on Wed 2/13/08. Seems I shorted my payment by $24. My next regular payment is due 3/4/08. My intent however, is to pay the entire card off by 2/29/08. I've been called as many as 4 times per day by indians claiming their names are "Bob Jones", "Steve Smith", etc. With the thick indian accent, its obvious thats not their real names. I've looked on the FTC website and it says they can't use a false name to collect. It also says they can't harass by numerous telephone calls. Yet this is exactly what is happening. I have told them several times that I am going to pay the full amount and cancel the card and all they want to discuss is paying them $24 right now. AVOID Emerge at all costs!! I actually had some indian guy today tell me he didn't care what the US law was concerning harassment and using false names as that didn't apply to him in "his" country.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices