Elegant Rags Complaints & Reviews

Elegant RagsSick Cat

I purchased a male seal point mitted Ragdoll from Love Ragdolls in November 2011. I took him to the vet the day after I received him per the contract. He was found to have an ear infection. He continued to be treated for this until February 2012 when they discovered an ear polyp that was causing the chronic infections. It was removed and the vet said it had been there a while, so it is obvious that he already had it when I got him. He has a 50% chance of it returning, if it continues to come back he may have to have his ear canal removed ! ! I have been wondering how it is possible that he got a health certificate to fly. Just today 3/24/12 I received the paperwork to fill out for his pedigree. Only then did I know that he came from "Elegant Rags" I had no idea there was another cattery involved with my cat. I did a search and found these reports on Jessica Perry, who's name was on all my paperwork. Although my cat's issues are no where near as serious as the ones I have been reading about something needs to be done about this cattery. My heartfelt sympathies go out to those who have lost kittens from Elegant Rags.

I did my research on Love Ragdolls and it looked good. I will do more research if I choose to get another Ragdoll.

Elegant Ragsanother sick kitten

We had a horrific experience with Elegant Rags. We had similar horror stories as the other poor victims: the sick kittens and their heartbroken families. We only heard from Jessica Perry 9 times the day she was trying to sell us our kitten, after she received her money, she became unreachable, especially when our kitten was tragically ill. Whoever from elegant Rags wrote that they were never sent vet bills is adding to their lies, we faxed all of our vet bills totaling over $2, 000, we never heard from her again despite the almost daily calls we made to her looking for pertinent medical background information etc. As for the claim that other breeders are making these anonymous comments, good breeders are much too busy to take time to make these postings. Reputable, ethical breeders have wait lists and they interview the prospective families to make sure that their beloved kittens are going to good, loving homes. This is not a business of selling items, these are precious creatures with hearts and souls and the right to a healthy life free from abuse of every kind. Jessica Perry "franchises" this business to anyone who will send her the money. The more I learn about how a reputable breeder handles these precious lives with concern for their health and well-being as a priority, the sadder I become not only about our tragedy, but the continuing tragedy of the victims with 2 and 4 legs with big hearts. Please help stop these sad tragedies that are very true and very real.

Anonymous to this day Sep 25, 2010

I have bought a kitten from her only months ago and she has been unreachable. Only her helpers have talked to us at all and haven't responded at all to our complaints. Although our kitten was given a clean bill of health, the vet wasn't able to really tell if he was positive for FIP or not since it's so hard to tell at first. But I do have to say that after being told of "his personality" being very mellow and affectionate, and noticing that he had been drugged when we got him to keep him at a calm, sleepy state when we picked him up at her house for the long car ride. I thought nothing of it at first as perhaps he'd never traveled far and he might have needed a little motion sick meds. But it was apparent when we got him home when he woke up that he was nothing as described.

He was clawing on our furniture, running from us, scared to death, and it became apparent that he had never been in a human's lap before. Now, after months of socialization he is still a little shy and afraid of anything new but does enjoy sleeping on my husband and my bed and "cuddle time" :) I'm glad he no longer has reason to be afraid, but have to wonder what his life was like before this one to make him so skid-dish! I bought an older cat from her by the way..

Another Victim Nov 22, 2010

I wish I would of found this long before buying a cat from Elegant Rags. After getting the kitten we took him to the vet for he was sick when we got him. We already had paid in full per the agreement. He only lived 2 months for he died of FIP. We contacted E.Rags and they just blew it off and said it was something we done. No so sorry, would you like a refund or another kitten. Noting. e never got any papers frm them showing that we paid for the kitten. A few words of advice. 1) Make sure it is a registerd cattery. 2) Visit the cattery before you buy not once but twice. 3) Check the internet for reviews.
    And just because you change your name if you have sick kittens they will still be sick.

• Je
    Jennifer Rausch Mar 24, 2012

Elegant Ragsfatally sick kitten

Another tragic sick adorable "elegantrags.com" kitten has also died due to the FIP dsease. Our kitten arived with two upper respitory diseases, worms and fleas. Jessica Perry was heartless, cruel and unreachable. Contact us at [protected]@gmail.com we can forward our copies of phone records (of trying to reach her without calling back, ) medical records/vet bills, and pictures of our dear cat. The money is the smallest of our loss at over $3, 000. She insisted we neuter our kitten even though he was not completly well so we could fullfill our end of the contract. After we sent her all of our neutering paper work, monthes passed and we never recieved our registration papers which were promised acording to the contract to be forwarded within 30 days. Please spare yourself this tragedy. This is only a small hint of the suffering that our cat went through.

jagr Nov 01, 2009

and now they changed their name to "lovely rags".
    My kitten also died.

• Ho
    Hope Julie Mar 21, 2010

I purchased a cat from elegant Rags in July of 2009, I paid 2, 100.00 for breeders rights. I drove up to South Carolina from Florida to pick him up. The whole drive back he kept sneezing and sneezing. When the sneezing did not go away I brought him to my vet where he gave him amoxcillan. That didn't work so I broght him back to the vet and they gave him a higher dosage. Now, he pees all over the house and before I blamed it on bad behavior I brought him to the vet and they took a urine sample. He has a urinary tract infection with crystals, the vet gave him a shot and Dakota is now on a special food diet to try and get rid of the crystals or they will have to operate on him. I just left a letter to Jessica asking that she pays this vet bill.

Elegant Rags — Sick kittens

I am posting this, as I want people to be BEWARE of falling for lovely photographs of beautiful kitten...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices