eBulkCandy.com Complaints & Reviews

eBulkCandy.comBusiness licence revoked

This experience has taught me that checking complaints.com for bad service can possibly save a lot of trouble.

Ebulkcandy, aka hometowncandy, aka jordanalmond took my debit card information with an order for $75 worth of candy and never sent the product. However, they didn't wait long to remove the charge from my account.

I placed the order on April 26th and haven't received the order to date. I've emailed and phoned with no reply. Today I called my bank to dispute the charge and had my money refunded.

This would have been much harder to do had I used paypal or a check. But I should have been warned by the inability to use American Express or Discover card on the site.

I have seen no evidence that this is a reputable online company and recommend that it's business license be revoked.

eBulkCandy.comCredit card charged, no order delivered!

E-Bulk Candy, which is linked to Barnegat Candy and Jordan's Almonds, has twice failed to deliver candy to me. True in the first instance, after a long delay, they did credit my credit card account. The second occasion, when I ordered from Barnegat Candy (not knowing the connection to E-Bulk Candy) has resulted in a failure to deliver and I have not yet received the credit to my credit card account - although it has been promised.

I have a feeling that they simply take the orders, get the credit card credits, do not deliver, and just hope that enough customers will either forget about their orders or fail to follow up when they do not get the candy.

E-mail complaints get responded to with an automatic reply. The phone number provided has a recorded message but you can never speak to a person. The New Jersey BBBureau has apparently received many complaints but the company does not respond.

Joan Steinbacher May 17, 2007

I've had the exact same experience - apparently hometowncandy.com is part of this same scam. The CC charge came back to Barnegat Candy. Don't order from any of them!

eBulkCandy.comCheck cashed, no order received!

On January 12, 2006, I requested an "on-line" quote from eBulkCandy.com for our church community Easter Egg Hunt for 33 cases of Brach's old fashion marshmallow hiding eggs. I received a very prompt reply.

On January 19, 2006 I printed out the supplied quote and mailed our church check, in the amount of $1,782.00, which was in accordance with their quote to eBulkCandy.com, P.O. Box 7787; Ewing, New Jersey 08628.

The next week they cashed our church's check.

I tried several times to call their number [protected] to receive an order number with a ship date and tracking number but every time I call it gives the same message of "We are sorry but the mailbox you have reached is full. Please try back another time."

On February 8, 2006 I emailed asking about the order. A reply came from "Karen" no last name given, saying they have my order and these orders are shipping later this month.

My original order stated it was a must ship to arrive mid-March for end of March community wide egg hunt. I was not worried at that point about shipping end of February because it would still meet our deadline.

On March 16, 2006 still have not received order and again have tried several times to call with same response as above. I emailed saying shipment has not arrived and that I am very concerned about meeting our deadline and to please immediately send me the ship date; who it was shipped with and a tracking number.

Same day a response arrived via email from "Karen" that says...."Please do not worry, we handle alot of hunts every year. Complaints are few relative to our order total over the years." She gave no shipping information as requested.

I promptly replied to the email saying, "That is not what I asked you - what day was the order shipped, by whom and give me the tracking number."

That has been several hours and no response.

Realizing I might have a problem, (yes I should have done this before but have never been scammed), I went to google and typed in internet complaints and received a suggestion of "complaints.com" which I did and used their search window to type in the "eBulkCandy.com" and immediately over 6 pages of complaints popped up. All evidently with a similar experience of cashing checks; no order arriving; empty promise of refund that never comes and communication stops.

In doing some research I find that the (215) area code in a reverse phone search says it is located in Pennsylvania not New Jersey and it is an MCI world com number that has no listing. Also in check the eBulkCandy.com website is hosted by netatlantic.com and shows the registrant to be: Confeserie Europa; 1139 Otavska; Pisek, Pisek 39701 CZ; [protected].

I have now officially filed a complaint with:
[protected]@netatlantic.com
Attorney General of New Jersey
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

• Ne
    Net Atlantic Compliance Dept Feb 22, 2007

Please be advised that as of as of February 1, 2007, Net Atlantic, Inc. terminated all Internet services to eBulkCandy.com (a/k/a Jordonalmonds.com and Hometowncandy.com) because of their failure to properly address unresolved issues brought to our attention.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices