Ebby Halliday Complaints & Reviews

Ebby HallidayBusiness conduct

We found a realtor Paula at Ebby the Preston NW Highway in Dallas from a on line listing and she gave us an exclusive buyers agreement, made us sign with out explaining the contact whatsoever. We were taken to several houses in the 5 months that we retained her, signed 5 contracts, that all fell through mostly because of inspection issues after paying appraiser and inspection fees. We located a FSBO property and the next thing we saw was a Dallas county court sermon as Ebby had filed suit to collect a commission for work that had not done. Ebby Halliday wanted a 3 % commission for work that was not done as we had singed a exclusive buyers contract that they did not take even a minute to explain, aside from sign here, sign here. Instead of a getting house we ended up with a law suit from Ebby Halliday Preston office. We now are cautioning every co-worker friend and family never to use Ebby Halliday services and we encourage them to spread the word, as Ebby does any thing in order to collect a commission.

• mollyemt Dec 02, 2012

it is YOUR responsibility to read any contract that you sign. any time you sign a contract, you are given a copy of that contract. did you not take the time to read it even AFTER you signed it?

• Wi
    Wise Woman's Words Jun 10, 2013

I agree with the comment above. Every single real estate office would be neglectful not to file that suit. I am not with Ebby Halliday Brokerage but I've worked with them and they are a classy organization to say the least. The Buyers Representation Agreement is SO VERY STANDARD in every office and what you did was break that agreement. Before I would go putting down a whole organization, you were working with ONE real estate agent and it is your obvious responsibility to read what you sign?!! Your Realtor you signed with showed you homes and was YOUR AGENT. Realtors do not work for free, seriously do you know anyone who just wants to waste time they could be with their family guiding you around town to have you secretly leave them out because you thought you could save that money by purchasing a FSBO? Agents have responsibilities and clients have CLIENT RESPONSIBILITIES. Nobody gets a free ride so honestly I will tell you to take a second thought before you use someones services and expect it to be a gift to you. How long from this Realtor taking you all around town servicing your needs till you purchased a FSBO was it that you did not read the agreement you put your john hancock on? You violated this agreement yourself and show some responsibility owning it instead of choosing to go another illegal root of slander. This had been a lesson to do your due diligence and I applaud this Realtor for choosing to not tolerate being stepped on.

Ebby HallidayLied to

We were told by our realtor Tish Wahl that if we bought and sold a house through Ebby Halliday they would offer a discount on the sale of our house...but it would come through on the purchase of our new house so they could ensure we truly bought and sold ie no prepayment or rebate on the sale.

This is pretty standard and we felt sure it would happen.

well, we close tomorrow and guess who never heard of the rebate and will not offer the discount - Ebby Halliday and Tish Wahl.

I would avoid both like the plague...

• Eb
    E. Brown Feb 22, 2010

The above comment is very unprofessional and abusive. I have known Tish Wahl for over 10 years, she is an upstanding realtor and has always been extremely professional. I do not know your exact circumstance but was this so-called agreement in writing? I would guess that it was not. It is your responsibility to read your contracts and understand them, if you did not, then you and only you are to blame.

• Ra
    rangercrawford Apr 16, 2010

This forum is designed to give people the opportunity to voice their opinions about goods and services

there is nothing unprofessional or abusive about my comments or the truth. We had discussed this with our realtor on multiple occaisions and even after finding our house (by ourselves) we made sure to include her on the deal on our new home ...even though I did all the negotiation with the builder and she was not present during any phase except to when she showed up to sign tehn cash her check...we did not have an agreement to buy through Ebby either - yet honor and integrity won out over paper... my suggestion is that since you were not there you stick to things you know.

lie 2 (l)
    n.
    1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
    2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.

• Rg
    RG123 May 27, 2017

@rangercrawford I am also cheated by Ebby Halliday Agent and now they are telling that you did not read the document. It is a cheater company and most of the agents are cheaters. So I don't agree that above comment is unprofessional and abusive. I know a broker Betty Misko, she is a so arrogant that she I sent her 10 emails and she did not listen to me and now it is 4 week. I have every thing in proof. She is such an unprofessional and does not even know what is customer care. This is worst US company I have ever seen. Please don't even think to go with this company. You will be deceived for sure.