DVDsetshop Complaints & Reviews

DVDsetshoptotal frauds!

STAY AWAY!
I ordered a "24" DVD set for my husband. but many of the DVDs won't play and have a fox kansas city affiliate logo displayed on the actual discs. Poor quality and clearly bootleg versions. When I contacted "Vivian" from DVD set shop, she would not address the copyright issues and would also not provide any solution other than to suggest that I send the entire DVD set back to some remote address in China at MY cost and that at some future date, they would refund me the amount of the DVD set. I pointed out the absurdity of their suggestion...not only that I would incur the postage costs both ways for their defective and illegal bootleg product, but that they expected me to believe that they would refund me anything after their fraudulent advertising and ridiculously poor customer service. These people are total and utter scam artists and I am really surprised that they are allowed to do business in the United States. I have filed complaints against them with the Maryland Office of the Attorney General and also with the FCC. I would recommend paying more and dealing with a reputable company. As I said, stay away!!

1 Response
    • Ia
      Iande Dec 27, 2010

There should be a warning NOT to buy any DVDs through these people, all DVDs come from China and are NOT good quality. They are quick to sell, but if you have a problem they are NOT willing to settle and keep fobbing you off. My problems started in January 2010 and are still not resolved, & they NO longer reply to my emails. Utter scam artists and should be prosecuted.

DVDsetshopFake DVDs - No Refund

Order No: 38536. I ordered a set of DVDs from www .dvdsetshop.co.uk. At first glance it looks like a British website and I thought I was ordering from a reputable company. I paid via GBP 79 via PAYPAL and the DVDs arrived after a three week wait. The DVDs have been sent from Bejing, China and were very poor quality and most definately fake. I complained to DVDSETSHOP who promised to refund me in full 'within 72 hours' providing I mailed the DVDs back to them and emailed them a copy of the postal receipt, confirming I had returned the DVDs.

That was 4 weeks ago and I am still waiting for a refund from these scam merchants. They reply to my emails stating 'we have passed your details to our accounts team for an urgent refund'. I am not hopefully of ever receiving the refund though and would STRONGLY URGE others not to use DVDSETSHOP.

3 Responses
        jackye2012 Mar 15, 2010

The okokshopping websites sell DVD and other things don't know how, you who don't have to buy?

Comments

jackye2012 Mar 15, 2010

sdsdwdw

CHR15TOV Feb 24, 2010

Similar stoy with box set of Supernatural - 4 week delivery, obvious fakes, packaging poor, Chinese subtitles, though picture quality is OK but not HD standard at first watch to check. emails are replied in reasonable English but I hold little hope of receiving a refund. I would reccommend that buyers AVOID using this site... and check credit card statements for any unusal activity ...it was actually linked under play.com who I normally use.

DVDsetshoporder never received

Ordered NCIS series 1-6 on 20/12/09 cost £70, paid through PayPal, waited and waited and waited ..to date no DVD, s received, mailed this company and received some lame excuses and an invalid tracking number, got to stage now where they wont answer mails most recent one was on 20/01/10 saying their system showed i had been refunded on 13/01/10... the problem with this being that they sent me an e mail on 15/01/10 asking me if i wanted a refund !!!

AVOID THIS SCAM COMPANY AT ALL COSTS AND PLEASE COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, WE ARE VICTIMS BUT WE CAN TRY AND PREVENT OTHERS SUFFERING SAME FATE ..

7 Responses
          Joannebugsy Feb 18, 2013

Do not order anything from here they are pirated and shipped out from hong kong to the USA Pirating is not illegal in Hing Kong thats how they get away with it I bought the love boat and it is tapped off TV land worst moeny ever spent and cant get a refund

• Uh
          uharpde Oct 14, 2010

I ordered the Wired Series through them on October 3, 2010. To date nothing received. When I called all numbers are disconnected and sent an email and no response. They also did take the money from my account twice and I guess thought about ot and credited back the additional. I believe I will never get my DVD. Well, second time in life burned. Once at age 25 and now at age 53. Don't think I am doing too bad but will never order from a site in which the prices are so extremely lower than the other stores. Stick with sites we know like Amazon etc. I cannot even say good things about Overstock...Which years ago ordered then returned and never got refund. Anyway Luck of the draw...HAaaaaa! I am really mad but I will not make happy by me loosing my focus on the kind people in this Universe! Metaphysics always at work

From DHarper ATL

• Jd
          jdwed01 May 21, 2010

I have ordered the James Bond DVD Box set a month agao and still waiting, i have snet emails to their supposed support email address and did not receive a response. I tried the tracking the number fthey provided for my shipment butit appears to be fake.

• Pr
          protect101 Feb 16, 2010

I ordered the ghost whisperer seasons 1-4, over 9 days ago, all that i have recieved is an e-mail that they have recieved my money, i used my credit card, i have tried to contact them and the phone # is disconnected, and no responce as to even a tracking #, they looked so good, i never knew they where in china or i would have never ordered from them, but just from the complaints i, m reading, we may be able to turn this over to the FBI to investigate, i don, t know, but i can, t believe i was so naive, so many other countrys think all americans are so rich, (what a joke), and i know we don, t like being taken either, no one should have to go through this, no matter what country your from, well i, m guess i, ll hope for the best, because they have my money and i have empty hands. angry in alabama!!!

• Do
          DonnaWanda Feb 08, 2010

Oh dear I've just order from these guys. I've sent an immediate e-mail for money not to be taken and product not to be dispatched. Fingers crossed it works.

• Bi
          bigell Feb 01, 2010

I ordered the following :Michael Jackson Ultimate Collection 32 DVD + 1 CD [Sealed] .

After three weaks I am still waiting for my order. No-one is answering on my e-mails.

Please be warned from this DVDsetshop.co.za

• 38
          38536 Jan 31, 2010

Totally agree with your complaint. I too ordered from this company (thinking www. dvdsetshop.co.uk was a British site). I paid and received the DVDs (from China) after a 3 week wait. They were poor quality and obvious fakes. I complained to them and they replied promising a refund 'within 72 hours' as long as I mailed the DVDs back and provided evidence (postal receipt). I did so but am still waiting for the refund 4 weeks later! I'm not hopeful of ever receiving it! I will make it my mission to write as many bad reviews as possible for them now.

DVDsetshoppirate dvds and overcharging

i have recently placed an order with dvdsetshop, for heros season 3, prison break season 1-4, and chuck season 1-2. totally 129.17 euros.. i recieved my order a week later.. and the dvds were clearly pirate dvd. three days later i recieved the same order for same dvds. having checked my credit card statement i having been charged.. 132.19euros and 122.11.. im clearly not impressed, i have tried contacting them to no avail. and there is two different return addresses on the parcel

1 Response
          • Br
            Brigitte Roche Aug 31, 2009

Although I have to admit that I was a bit suspicious, I have received my Star Trek Next Generation Box Set today and I am THRILLED! The quality of the dvd's is great, quick shipping (and I live in Canada) and the price is just fantastic. This set if for my husband's birthday next week and being an avid Star Trek fan, I will be back to purshase the Voyager Box Set for sure.

DVDsetshop — pirate dvd set (bones season 4)

my wife ordered bones season 4 from these clowns, bad packageing as follows... bones logo wrong, there i...