Duke Power Complaints & Reviews

Duke PowerRoad Hazard caused by Duke power

We live on the corner of Piedmont Golf Course Rd. and Old gunter road. Duke Power decided they were going to trim our trees again. So far we are the only ones on Piedmont Golf course road that has been picked on. There are multi homes with trees in power lines a lot worse than ours. They came and butchered our trees like normal but left all the limbs blocking the view at the intersection. They stomped on our flowers and threw there cuttings on our plants. I have hired a company that is going to charge me $600 dollars just to repair what damage Duke Power has done. I have taken pictures and will share them. I have called Duke Power but they just laughed at me and basically said they don't care. There has already been one wreck because of Duke powers "I don't care attitude", What kind of company would leave a bunch of limbs blocking the views of drivers in a busy intersection. Its Been 3 weeks now. ?I would fix it but my wife and me are old. If someone gets killed at this intersection due to there sorry attitude, someone should be held responsible, but that won't happen. What a sorry low down company Duke Power is. Guess we don't make enough money to be important enough for them to care.
Worse Power Company in the U.S!

Duke PowerDeposits for late payments

My bill for the month of February was $456.54 which i was in shock when I've seen this, when I called customer services they told me they were charging me $270 for a deposit for paying my bill late more than 3 times in the last year. I was xtremetly confused because YES I've pay my bills late but they have never been disconnected, and every time we pay late there was a late fee included. So bottom line she told me that if I pay my bill on time for this year the amount of $270 will be return. it doesn't make no sense, they are just trying to get over people. I'm so mad right now i have a hard time typing this complaints. Hopefully we can get some changes made in the future.

Duke PowerContinued to charge

I recently moved from NC to OH. On moving day I went to Duke Power to cancel my service and told the lady that I was moving and wanted to pay my outstanding power bill and cancel service. I paid the sum of $123.08 and headed back to the appartment to start the trip to Ohio. About 4 month later i started getting messages that I was going to be turned in to a collection agency if I did not pay the sum of $328 to Duke Power. They did not cancel my service and reported me to the collection agency as I was trying to remedy the problem. I eventually paid the bill that was not mine just to have it removed from my credit report. If you are going to move and have Duke Power as a utilities provider, beware when canceling your service.

• Eileen (er, "Principissa" or "norman bates" or whatever you are calling yourself when you read this) - try letting people get answers to their concerns instead of trolling 10 threads (at last count) trying to annoy people that actually HELP legitimate complaints. If you REALLY have a need to attack people to make yourself feel better, join a ###-fighting club or something. Leave the grown-up stuff to the grown-ups... ok?

• getlostdancing Sep 29, 2009

Hey! We have opposite moves. I moved from Ohio to North Carolina a little over 8 years ago. I don't really remember having many power outages there, but I can remember dozens since I've been in NC.
    Let me just tell you I feel your pain. Duke power beyond sucks. Sometimes I wonder if the reason they suck so much is because when we have one of the frequent outages they take so long to fix, the power also goes out at their plants and offices and they have lost data.

If it's not too late, I urge you to please fight to get your money back. They don't deserved to be paid a regular monthly bill most of the time, so they definitely don't deserve payment for services you never received. They should really being paying all of us $300 a year for the grief and trouble they cause.

• Du
    Dukepowerisawhore Dec 10, 2009

Duke has the worst service in the country. I have lived in S.C. for some time now and can't tell you how many times my power has gone out atleast 2 times a month. If we get a small rain shower the damn power goes out, and these ### care less. If you complain they have some stupid ### add 200.00 dollars to your bill because they are not happy that I didn't pay them on time. I wish there was a another company to go with, but they have us by the short hairs. I see why people go postal and show up and take out as many of this ### as possible. ### DUKE I hope they go under.

Duke PowerFinish your work!

I have Duke power service at 4529 Walkermill Rd Sophia, NC 27350. My name is Jimmy, I have a joing lot next to me, the address there is 4517walkermill Rd Sophia,nc 27350. The power there is in Gary name. In 2005 the tree company sent someone out to my home and asked if they could cut a ceder tree that was growing into the power lines. I gave them the right to cut the ceder tree down. They did cut ceder tree down. They also cut the sides of two other trees. They cut the sides that are facing the power lines. The two trees where not growing into power lines and I don't think they would have ever grown into power lines. One of the trees is now dead and needs to be cut down. I want to know if Duke power would come out and finish cutting the tree down and plant another tree at no cost to me. My ph# has been changed to 498- 2sss Please let me know.

• Bu
    BUDDY May 22, 2008

I HAD A LETTER SENT OUT TO ME, ALL MY MAIL IS FORWARD TO MY WORK ADDRESS OUT OF TOWN AND dUKE POWER CLAIMS THEY FOUND MY METER NOT WORKING AND OR SHOWING POWER USAGE, HOW EVER THEY SEND ME BILLS SAYING THE POWER I USED AND I PAID THEM, NOW THEY ARE ASKING FOR MORE MONEY SAYING I NEVER WAS CHARGED RIGHT AND MY BILL WAS BASED ON LAST YEARS hummm IS THIS A SCAM? I CALLED AND COMPLAINED AND I HAD TO TWICE .
    buT WHEN I CALL IT DID NOT SOUND LIKE DUKE POWER EMPLOYEES, IS THIS A NEW SCAM? TO GET MORE MONEY OUT OF ME, THE INSPECTOR WHO EVER THAT WAS IS THE ONE SAYING THE METER DID NOT OWORK HUMMMM SOUNDS KINDA FUNNY TO ME WHEN I ASKED WHO IT WAS THEY SAID NO I WILL NOT TELL YOU.
    WHO HE WAS, I WAS WANTING TO KNOW IS THIS PERSON TELLING THE TRUTH? BEAWARE IF THIS HAPPENS TO YOU, AND YOU ASK WHO IT WAS SAYING THE METER DID NOT WORK NO MORE.
    AND THEY IN RETURN SAY NO I WILL NOT TELL YOU ANYTHING.HUMMMMMMMMMMMM WHATS GOING ON HERE FOLKS IS THIS A SCAM/ LET US ALL KNOW. IT JUST SOUNDS NOT SO RIGHT PERSON ON THE PHONE HAS BEEN THE SAME ONE BOTH TIMES AND I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE SUPERVISER AND IM NOT SO SURE THIS IS REALLY DUKE POWER...
    KIND REGARDS..

• Ki
    [email protected] Feb 08, 2010

thank you lord.. i am thankfull, though i have nothing. please let other people know how wonderful your love is. amen