Dodge Caravan Complaints & Reviews

Dodge CaravanOwner's Manual

Does anybody else see it as pointless and or ridiculous to have an owner's manual for a car, in the form of a DVD?? I recently had an issue with my parents 2010 Dodge Caravan; the key won't turn to the off position making it impossible to remove. I thought perhaps there was a catch to removing the key. Something simple I was missing. So I decided to check out the owner's manual for some possible help. Imagine to my surprise when they supplied the vehicle with a dvd of owner's information. The dvd includes the owner's manual, U.S. 24-hour towing assistance, U.S. Vehicle Warranty, Canada Vehicle Warranty/Maintenance Logbook, BFGoodrich Tire Warranty, Bridgestone/Firestone Tire Warranty, Continental Tire Warranty, ContiSeal Tire Warranty, General Tire Warranty...etc, etc, etc... Uconnect User's Manual, RER Navigation User's Manual, and RBZ Navigation User's Manual. What good is a dvd to someone when you're no where near anywhere to use it?!?! That's like handing a 10 year old a geographical map of Europe and then dropping him off in the middle of New York to find his way home! It's useless! Dodge - there's going green, and then going cheap. Please let's be a bit smarter about how we choose the form in which we deliver important information.

• Br
    BriIreland Oct 11, 2010

If they expect the consumer to print out a copy of the owners manual, then perhaps they should a) actually make it easy to access; b) not put it on a dvd to be watched; and c) make a glove box or other area of the car that will hold an 81/2x11 stack of 15 plus pages. I think it's a cop out by the companies. Technology is meant to better our lives, and this falls short. I agree that some of the items that normally come in an owners packet of car can be placed upon disk. But the owner's manual?? Come on...and in theory, the point of the owner's manual is to be read prior to driving your vehicle, hence the reason it tells you how to start the car. But I don't see many new car buyers sitting in the lot reading anything other than the contract they're about to sign. Realistically, it's a reference point when you need answers about your car; i.e. What does this light mean? What's the appropriate tire pressure? and so forth and so on. And what if it's not you're vehicle, but a rental? I still think it's a cop out on the part of the manufacturer.

Dodge Caravan2010 commercial makes no sense

This commercial starts out with a few people driving around in a van with mouse cat masks on.

They then drive to some abandoned warehouse where they meet up with other people dressed in mice masks. Which are then spotted by people with dog masks on a catwalk above them and they all scatter.

Now, How in the world does this stupid commercial have to do with selling a Dodge Caravan??????

Wouldn't a commercial that sells its features and capabilities be more suited to gaining the public's attention?

This has to be the worst waste of money EVER by that company. Dumb, dumb, Dumb. I won't by a dodge just because of that commercial.

• We
    wethepeople Sep 07, 2010

I agree about the commercial flops. However, I do believe that it is my right to voice my opinion about it on this website which is what it is intended for. Marketing agencies who are paid to create those commercials seek feedback in some way and this website could be one of the vast resources to gain that type of feedback. So, instead of being a critic on peoples complaints just accept what they have to say.

Dodge CaravanThey are Frauds who Sell Lemons

I have purchased from this dealership and was ripped off. Many others have been as well. I went to the owner, Chris Maher, on 7/14/2010 with complaints about my faulty vehicle and expressed that it should have been fully inspected by their service department before being sold. He said to me that it is not their policy to thoroughly inspect their vehicles, and that they gave me an extended warranty. I told him that the company policy is screwed up, and that I wasn't given an extended warranty, I purchased it for an additional $50.00 a month. If you are looking to buy a vehicle that will fail on you and you will still be hounded for payment this is your place. My car hasn't worked the entire month of July, and they think they should get payment.

My 99 Dodge Grand Caravan was purchased on November 21, 2009 and have broken down numerous times since purchase. Most recently I broke down 3 times this month (car started smoking, leaking fluids and shut down: 7/2/10, 7/12/10, & 7/15/10), the last time I broke down I had just left Falls Church Motors Service Department/dealership that evening on 7/14/2010 and broke down the following morning on the way to work. The Transmission is bad on the vehicle (a problem I have been complaining about since late December), and it has experienced leaks and other issues. Please do your research. Don't be lured by the “no credit check” or “low down payment offer” and guaranteed approval. In the end you will be paying $$$$$$$ in repairs. Just note that if you purchase the extended warranty it is only for their service department. I wish I would have been warned and did my research before going there. I would have run the opposite way and did business elsewhere. Going to Falls Church Motors was the worse decision ever made.

If you have had any problems with a vehicle from here please contact me, or if you want further info you can contact me. I will surely respond. It is unfair to be ripped off, taken for your hard earned money. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU. I am fighting back and so should you.

I have done a protest against this company outside of their dealership on 7/17/2010 (there will be more to follow) and have filed complaints. I am still in the process, and will not give up. Things are looking great thus far. If you want this dealership to pay, contact me. You deserve justice and they deserve to be exposed.

Tiea,
[protected]@gmail.com Phone: [protected]

Anthony Nov 12, 2008

After I sign the papers I check the price of the van and It was 4000.00 to high according other dealers and NADA. Very nice people but they will rip you off in a heart beat. They are not honest and will take you. Know the prices before you go.

• Ti
    TieaW Jul 21, 2010

Falls Church Motors have ripped of many

• Ti
    TieaW Aug 30, 2010

To Prise: When you learn how to correctly formulate a sentence then and only then should you place a comment.

• Be
    Beauty91 Aug 11, 2011

OMG!!! this is just ridiculous...I totally agree with you teia and as of right now i am trying to fight as well to get this CHRIS MAHER and his dealership off the market before it happends to the next. I too had a terrible expeirence with this dealership this pass week and was ripped off BIG TIME!!! This dealreship is a scam and their license should be REVOKED!!! Im trying to file a lawsuit against them and anyones thats been ripped off by this company PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me ASAP because from the looks of it everyones been ripped off by this company and somethins need to be DONE!!! My laywers have been contacted as well as the federal trade comissioner, general attorny, and fox 5 news. Lets put an end to this scaming dealership!!!

My name is jasmine and my email is [email protected] me you alls information though a email so i can report it!!!

Dodge CaravanPremature failures

Our beautiful 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan suffered a complete air conditioning system failure at 60,000 miles, then a transmission failure at 64,000 miles. I spent the $2700.00 to repair both, then drove it straight to the Toyota dealer to trade it on a Sienna. I have owned Mopars since the late '60's, and have always considered them cutting edge in design and performance, but the quality (sorry, Dr. Z) simply isn't there any longer. I cannot conceive of a situation in which I would purchase another Chrysler product, which is unfortunate since they have the best looking vehicles on the road...bar none! Chrysler engineers obviously understand the words "tough-looking", but not the word "solid".

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices