Doba.com Complaints & Reviews

Doba.comBait and Switch, refusal to honor cancellation

Doba.com states that if you sign up that you will receive a plethora of information about, and access to their drop shipping companies. WHAT drop shipping companies? Every company I saw was for wholesale purchase of large quantities of junk that no one would buy. These are not even overstock items--they are just junk--and for a small business to be expected to buy this merchandise is ridiculous0-but of course we were led to believe that there were actual drop shipping companies out there to sign up with. NOPE. First issue with Doba = fraud in the inducement (selling something that doesn't exist).

Second issue is the impossible cancellation. When I went to cancel, I was told that no account existed under that ID, so great, I thought I had been cancelled as I had begged to be before.
NOPE, next month comes another DOBA charge. I have had all of this info analyzed by an expert in the field, and I may be making an announcement soon about my intentions toward this company, in terms of legal remedies available to ALL aggrieved parties...at no cost if you fit within the parameters and if this meets criteria set forth by powers that be. Sorry I have to be cryptic, but in a word--working on it.

• Dk
    dkruchoski Jun 03, 2016

I just filed a claim/chargeback with my credit card company due to unethical measures when trying to get a refund within the 30 day period (which the salesperson Jeff said I could do). I need to explain more of why this company is very fraudulent. There are thousands of poor souls just like me that are doing the same thing for the same reasons. I am shocked that a lawsuit is not being filed against this company with all their consumer complaints.

Here is my story: I did a 7 day trial with Doba on 11/2/2010 – the problem was that you needed a credit card to access the “free trial” merchandise section. A salesperson (Jeff) called me up within 1 day of my free trial and said that normally the monthly rate for Doba membership is about $50.00 but – just for me – I would get a special deal – 15months for $299.00 and Jeff promised that if I didn’t like it or didn’t sell anything – I could get a refund - just like that. I am not happy with this company and I called three times and the last time the rep Daniel said, “We have to review the tape of the sales call.” If I wait until Daniel reviews the tape, my 30 days will be past and then I have absolutely no recourse – even though Daniel said they don’t even have a 30 day money-back guarantee. I have information that shows they do and the salesperson – Jeff said if I wasn’t happy at all that I could call and get refunded. Well, I am not happy with this company – their products are way out of line price wise and all the decent products are continuously out of stock.

Don’t take just my word for it – take all the many, many, many people that have written in about their experiences with Doba.

This company feels like it's a scam and I am going to provide a few links from poor folks that got swindled.
    The person I spoke to today – Daniel Metcalfe – who said he was going to listen to the sales call to see if Jeff did promise me things that are not in their policy. He promised me that he would be in touch with me within 48hrs. I just can’t wait. He originally was rude and disrespectful but to be perfectly honest, I wasn’t the nicest either. We both calmed down and whether I believe he wants to truly help me remains to be seen so far. I provided a link to ebsuite.com’s help and support section that must work closely with Doba and gives information about the company – including their cancellation policy and Guarantee. Daniel said this was put there without Doba’s consent. How does he know? He is just a CS rep. He doesn’t know what the marketing people do when they work with other companies to promote Doba. I have included the link for you to review. Daniel told me that Doba doesn’t offer any kind of guarantee or cancellation such as what was on the link. The only way you could get your money back – according to the policy is to wait the full year and not sell anything. Then they said they will give you your complete money back ($299). There are so many stipulations regarding what you need to do in that year to get the money.

In my opinion and many others' - they are scammers and that is why I disputed this charge on my credit card. I also sent my credit card company all these links so they know it isn’t just me that this is happening to – it’s many, many many people that are filing complaints and I will be another one that will do so. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, Econsumer.gov and even in my own state there are places to go to file a formal complaint.

This company needs to change their fraudulent activities or if they promise something - deliver on it - or they will find themselves in a courtroom some day.

Doba.comI'd recommend against trying it, unless you like the thrill of waiting for their phone calls

I was curious about the 7 day free trial was entering my information in when they asked for my credit card info., so I googled some reviews and realized it was probably not going to be a good idea. I closed the browser and didn't sign up. The next day, I get at least 3 calls from them with a voicemail telling me to sign up for their promotion of 14 days free. I hope they stop calling me because I read on another site, that they've been receiving calls from them almost every day...and it's not possible to block numbers unless you pay $4.99/month if you're with AT&T so I'd recommend against trying it, unless you like the thrill of waiting for their phone calls.

• WhattheF11 Apr 02, 2011

I too, have not made one dang cent. I have also run alot of ads on my website. but alas NOTHING>
    I believe its a scam. I am closing my account. Beware affiliates...
    Sorry that you lost money, but at least you found out soon and the amount was not huge.

good luck on your search to make money at home.

• WhattheF11 Apr 02, 2011

You were smart not to sign up for the free 7 day trial.
    I was big time scammed with Doba.com they got crappy things to sell. I too, got a call saying that they could give me a good deal for the year. Well maybe a frog was stuffed in my mouth, but I said ok.
    When I gave it 2 months, I was trying to cancel, and they said because they gave me the "good deal" which was at $4??.00 that I would not get a refund. What a rip off. They were rude on the phone but wow, when they want your money they are soooooooo nice...
    Hope they get what they deserve...

• Ro
    Rob1990 Jul 11, 2011

I started signing up on Doba, thinking that the monthly fee was going to be reasonable. $60 a month, are you kidding me?! I didn't complete the sign up. They CALLED ME when I gave them no authorization to do so to try and sell me over the phone. It's complete ### and frankly, I'll never even consider doing business with them because of that. I told them their fee was outrageous and there are dropshippers who make money the good old fashioned way, by simply selling product. She was very rude over the phone and told me that "It has to be working for someone because we've been in business for 10 years"

Would not recommend even putting your information in this site. Even if you don't press submit, they'll use it to harass you.

• Xd
    xdobacustomer Jul 20, 2011

Called into Doba to cancel service and spoke to Daniel & Jay Jay, their customer service is horrible their rude and we hadn't even used the service yet.I asked to speak with a supervisor and was placed on hold for OVER AN HOUR, NOT TO MENTION HUNG UP ON!!! OVERALL IT WAS A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! BEWARE...!! requested to speak with somone else and i was hung up on!!!

MaryDobahater Jan 26, 2012

I kept getting calls from 303-219-1924. They never left a message. I finally answered and it was these bozo's from DOBA. I too never finished the sign up due to having to put my credit card info in. I too gave them no authorization to call. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. STAY AWAY FROM DOBA>

• De
    Deborah James May 22, 2012

Same thing happened to me!!! There has to be some illegalities here, when we start the sign up, we are not authorizing them to use our information until we hit SUBMIT. I never hit SUBMIT. I also stopped when I had to get credit card info and then I closed the window, but somehow they captured my info and started calling and emailing me like crazy. I was able to block their number but I think this is a different number now so I'm going to block this one too. I sent their emails to Spam so I don't see those anymore.

How do we find out if we can file a class action against them? They are misusing our information, grabbing it without authorization. Every other site has you agree to Terms and Conditions before they start using your info.

• Na
    nazrena Jul 18, 2012

I signed up for the doba.com 14 day trial, after 10 days I hadn't made a cent and none of my auctions were even getting looked at. Amazon.com was routinely lowballing the so-called "wholesale" prices that I was getting from Doba. So, after 10 days I cancelled, they were very polite. Now we keep getting phone calls from 303-219-1924, seriously four or five times a day, even on weekends. I was finally curious enough to look up the phone number and found this site - and they called again while I was reading here! I answered "HELLO!" and I must have had a tone in my voice cuz they hung up! LOL!

Doba.comNot worth the hustle

I dealt with them a good few years ago. I was stupid and let myself get duped. I signed up (I don't remember if I had a free membership for a week or something or if I paid a small fee) Some guy called me the following day and got my [censored] to fork over $200 or something for a year or two long membership or something. They claim to have items at a fair wholesale price to sell on ebay. After I got into the site and poked around, I saw that their prices were selling for the going price on ebay anyhow. I tried to get my money back to no avail. I just sucked it up and let it go knowing I got duped. If you're going to run a business find a niche of your own.. a third party isn't going to make you self sufficient.

They may not necessarily be a scam site because you can get items from them and sell them on ebay, but it won't even be worth your while. You might make a dollar or something off the sale. Some of their stuff was even selling to you for higher than on ebay.

Oh and don't give bums money. Buy yourself a bottle of wine (or whatever it is you prefer to drink) =D

Doba.comUnethical

I signed up for a trial period and before it was even over they called me to sign me up for a year at a discounted rate. I accepted, thinking what a great deal it was. They never told me I could not be refunded if I cancelled. When I started doing research to choose the best prices for the items I was going to sell, I discovered that in some cases their so-called wholesale price was higher than what retail stores were selling the same product for, or the profit margin was very low. I also discovered that most of the computer products were outdated and there were already new versions available in stores (not at Doba)for a lesser price than they were offering the old versions for. I also contacted them for help on some matters, and only once did they respond, but they were not helpful. Otherwise, they did not respond to my help requests. When they offer these special membership deals to people they should tell them it is non-refundable. I think that is unethical.

• Sh
    ShortRev Oct 30, 2009

Hi
    I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Doba. Just to let you know, I use wholesale Central to purchase my wholesale merchandise. They do not charge retailers (they have a free wholesale directory on their site) and they do not require any type of registration.

Good luck!
    ShortRev

• Jm
    Jmax0981 Oct 26, 2010

doba representatives are very misleading. You pay for a membership to "be apart" of this great company. when you do your homework you realize that you have a small profit margin. then it gets worse, by having a agent call you and ask you if you would invest thousands of dollars of your money back into the organization. Cause it "takes money to make money" as this rep told me. Don't i already pay to be a member now? dont forget this is not a get rich scheme, this is a go broke fast system. I was told if I invest 2000 buy the end of the year I could clear 60000 in a year. Boy it sure would have been nice to know what kind of people I was dealing with before I waisted my money. Whatever you do DON'T deal with these shady business people

Doba.comDon't do business with them

Lost $120.00 to Doba after they charged a restocking fee for an engagement ring that they sent out which was the wrong size. First they said there would be no restocking fee in an e-mail. then they refunded only a partial payment and keep the rest as a restocking fee. I feel that Doba has misrepresented it self. And should make this issue right. As a new member of their service I have lost faith in their ability to be a good company to do business with.

• Ca
    Carole Joyce Feb 08, 2010

When I source wholesale merchandise to re-sell I always use WholesaleCentral.com. They are a free directory of wholesalers, so you can go there and search for a wholesaler and then you deal directly with the wholesaler. There is no middle man, and Wholesale Central does not make you register and does not charge a membership fee.
    They also verify that each company listed on their directory is a legitimate source of wholesale merchandise.
    Good Luck!
    ShortRev

• Dk
    dkruchoski Dec 01, 2010

I just filed a claim/chargeback with my credit card company due to unethical and potentially fraudulant measures. I was told by the salesperson that if I wasn't happy that I could get a complete refund and that is not happening. I am even doing it within the 30 day period. I need to explain more of why this company is very fraudulent. There are thousands of poor souls just like me that are doing the same thing for the same reasons. I am shocked that a lawsuit is not being filed against this company with all their consumer complaints.

Here is my story: I tried a company called Doba.com and did a trial on 11/2/2010 – the problem was that you needed a credit card to access the “free trial” merchandise section. A salesperson called me up within a day of my free trial and said that normally the monthly rate for Doba membership is about $50.00 but – just for me – I would get a special deal – 15months for $299.00 and Jeff – that is the salesperson’s name promised that if I didn’t like it or didn’t sell anything – they offer a complete money-back guarantee. It’s a Drop Ship Company and they are very sneaky about how they conduct their business as well as their cancellation policy. I am not happy with this company and I called three times and the last time the rep Daniel said, “We have to review the tape of the sales call.” If I wait until Daniel reviews the tape, my 30 days will be past and then I have absolutely no recourse – even though Daniel said they don’t even have a 30 day money-back guarantee. I have information that shows they do and the salesperson – Jeff said if I wasn’t happy at all that I could call and get refunded. Well, I am not happy with this company – their products are way out of line price wise and all the decent products are continuously out of stock.

This company is a scam and I am going to provide you with quite a few links from poor folks that got swindled.
    The person I spoke to today – Daniel – who said he was going to listen to the sales call to see if Jeff did promise me things that are not in their policy. He promised me that he would be in touch with me within 48hrs. I just can’t wait. He originally was rude and disrespectful but to be perfectly honest, I wasn’t the nicest either. We both calmed down and whether I believe he wants to truly help me remains to be seen so far. I provided a link to ebsuite.com’s help and support section that must work closely with Doba and gives information about the company – including their cancellation policy and Guarantee. Daniel said this was put there without Doba’s consent. How does he know? He is just a CS rep. He doesn’t know what the marketing people do when they work with other companies to promote Doba. I have included the link for you to review. Daniel told me that Doba doesn’t offer any kind of guarantee or cancellation such as what was on the link. The only way you could get your money back – according to the policy is to wait the full year and not sell anything. Then they said they will give you your complete money back ($299). There are so many stipulations regarding what you need to do in that year to get the money.
    They are scammers and I disputed this charge on my credit card. I also sent them all these links so they know it isn’t just me that this is happening to – it’s many, many many people that are filing complaints and I will be another one that will do so. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, Econsumer.gov and even in my own state there are places to go to file a formal complaint.

This company needs to change their fraudulent activities or they will find themselves in a courtroom some day.

Here are all the links:

/URL removed/ (This one takes you to a specific area that has a lot of things negative that happened to customers of Doba.)

http://websitesupport.ebsuite.com/supportfaqd.jsp?id=1787 (This is the site that has all kinds of information about Doba. Daniel from CS at Doba was very eager to get his hands on this and then said it is not from Doba. I said I knew that but it has everything about Doba in a positive light. Why would they put something ion their website that could be challenged? Again – I am sure it is Marketing that is working closely with ebsuite.com because it is all positive information about Doba and gives lot’s of information about the company.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Doba-com-is-a-scam-Beware_W0QQugidZ10000000006454228 (Another site from a poor soul that got swindled as well from Doba)

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/doba-c142832.html This is just one of many that have filed complaints against Doba for their selling technique’s and cancellation policies – salesperson says one thing and once they got your money – they will not give it back.

I could technically do this all day. There are thousands that got taken by this company. As of right now, with thousands losing money with this unethical company – I am so surprised there is no class action lawsuit filed with them. Maybe I need to be the one to start it

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices