DIYupholsterysupply.com Complaints & Reviews

DIYupholsterysupply.comDelivered incomplete order and does not call me back to rectify

I PAID $250.00 FOR supplies to make 2 ottomans. The packing slip stated that along with the 8 side pieces and 8 legs that there wold be 8 corner blocks to screw the legs into. The 8 corner blocks were missing from thr delivered order. I called and the woman who answered the call stated tht the owner took care of complaints and he would contant me. HE HAS NOT CONTACTED ME AND NOW THEY WILL NOT PICK UP THE PHONE OR ANSWER WHEN I CALL AND THEY DO NOT REPLY TO THE EMAILS THAT I SEND.
DO NOT SHOP WITH THIS SITE SINCE THEY ARE NOT RELIABLE AND DO NOT GIVE GOOD SERVICE.

DIYupholsterysupply.comShipping charges

I placed an order online and was initially charged $28.00 for shipping. 7 days later I received an e-mail informing me that I was being charged another $16.00 for multiple packages. Over $45.00 in shipping for 3 packages weighing 9 lbs. I have requested an explanation twice and have received no reply. I finally went to my credit card company to enlist their help.

Mary3 Dec 22, 2012

I totally agree. My initial charge was $22.70 after receiving my product I was charged an additional 17.20. I had no option to refuse shipment at the extra shipping charge. I would think twice about ordering from this company. beware of the extra shipping charges.
    Mary-Kansas City, MO

DIYupholsterysupply.comBad return policy

I ordered $119 staple gun along with other items. I contacted the owner how I can return and get refund for this as it did not seem safe with my young children. It turned out that he will not accept the return of "tool" at all as customers may return the tool after they finish work. Then he offered "I will make an exception if you are willing to pay a 30% restocking fee and if the gun has not been used". On the website, it is stated "20% restocking fee for unapproved item". I shipped the item for refund of 119 x 0.8=95. He e-mailed that he will not accept the item at all.

Not to mention about additional $18.24 for multiple packages and the fabric that he finally answered that " the fabric is discontinued and a check is in the mail to you".

I'm talking about relatively small sum of money, but thought this may alarm other customers.

My take home message; do background screening before shopping.

DIYupholsterysupply.comBeware

I ordered from diyupholsterysupply.com on 12-27-08 through PayPal,
order was confirmed and paid for. On 1-3-09 I emailed and requested a tracking number
a response from Kris stated due to Christmas there was delays should ship 1-5-09
I received the order on 1-13-09, no packing slip, one item was missing the most expensive item and the main reason I ordered from this company.
It was a 44”-108” ribbed antique curtain rod with extender and rings for $19.99.
I emailed about the missing item. On 1-15-09 I received a curtain rod but it was a 48” rod
With no extender or rings. I emailed with a screen shot of the website listing. I received email that the correct rod was on it’s way. On 1-27-09 I received a curtain rod box labeled as the rod I ordered with a paper bag taped over the top. In it was part of a curtain rod. I emailed Kris again expressing my disappointment and asking for a refund.
Pictures were send in a separate email.

Dear Mr. Charlebois,

I am very disappointed. I received the the Rod today. When I say Rod; that is all I got. No hard ware no rings, no extension as advertised on your website and stated on the box.

I am Attaching pictures, It is obvious the box was opened. A paper bag was taped to the end. This was not shipper damage. this was how it was packed. The other box also was wrapped in paper. Not how a package is professionally packaged in this day and age. Shippers don't usually allow it. Both packages I received had the name Michelle (no last name on the return label) in case you have a drop shipper or mail room person you want to make accountable.

I would like a refund of my $19.99. If you like, I will send back the pieces and parts of these rods at your expense. This was a paypal transaction and they do ask for feedback on sellers. I would like to be able to tell them we resolved this satisfactorily. I really liked the fabric swatches I received but do not have confidence in your webstore.

His Response:
All our curtain rods are prepacked by the manufacture on a computerized assembly machine, as you can understand I find it hard to believe the package was shipped incomplete however if there is a problem I thank you for bringing it to my attention and will authorize a return. When we receive the package will will inspect it. if we find fault in the manufacturing we will ship you a replacement at our expense and refund your shipping expense. please feel free to call me a [protected]. We ship 100, s of packages a day, there is nothing wrong with our shipping method, We have a very good customer service record as you already know. please be advised we do not respond to any kind of threats.
If a response is required please reply to this email, it will help us respond faster to your inquiries,

Kris Charlebois
Owner
I then received an email saying the rod was being sent. So I believed all to be well. I was wrong.
Unfortunately I now know help from PayPal is only if I purchase from Ebay. I still have not received the rod nor have I received a refund. I do not recommend this company and warn buyers to beware.

• Si
    Sianah Apr 08, 2009

I requested free swatches from this company two weeks ago. On Thursday April 2, I sent them email telling them I haven't received it. They response was they will resend the swatches. Today April 8, I still haven't received it. Out of curiosity I checked this company review. After I read your comment I agree to stay away from this company. I also like to add my concern regarding of their shipping policy, they said their shipping cost just an estimate, and if there is an additional they will apply to your credit card.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices